Current Internet Package Information

alibabacruisers

Hi Everyone,

I know that I have seen a printed version of the current internet package (that came with the Daily Program?) information on someone's thread, but I just cannot locate it.

Does anyone have a picture of the list from Cunard stating the info on the internet packages please?  We are Diamond and I have seen that we would get $135 towards the package but I would like to know about the various packages.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you in advance!

There are two plans. Basic and the premium.

Basic is $20 per day but if you buy for the cruise it works out at $15 a day. If your trip is 9 days or less your £135 will cover the full trip. Alternatively, the cost of the full trip package reduces by $15 per day so you can wait until it comes down to $135. I suspect Cunard are hoping people will just pay the difference.

Sorry I don't know the price for the premium package.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your help.  We are Diamond so will get $135 each.  Our next cruise is 34 nights which would cost $510 for basic and $680 for premium?  That seems high and not as good as before but may be my perception.  Guess will have to watch what we do.  We will just have to only check emails and basic stuff I guess.  How do they calculate it?  Surely not by day?!  It seems I think I remember that the old system gave you hours/minutes and you could use them whenever and when your time was up that was it.

Thank you again!

Edited by alibabacruisers

1 hour ago, alibabacruisers said:

Thank you all for your help.  We are Diamond so will get $135 each.  Our next cruise is 34 nights which would cost $510 for basic and $680 for premium?  That seems high and not as good as before but may be my perception.  Guess will have to watch what we do.  We will just have to only check emails and basic stuff I guess.  How do they calculate it?  Surely not by day?!  It seems I think I remember that the old system gave you hours/minutes and you could use them whenever and when your time was up that was it.

Thank you again!

Surely you are on land some of those days?  So can use shore wifi or a cellular roaming package depending on the country. 

They don't calculate data - you can use as much data as you want - its time - and its 24 hours - so if you buy the package a 10am it will last until 10am the next day.  With $270 credit between  2 that's 12 days between you  add on  port days... We were on a 34 day  trip and qualified for gold 1/2 way through and ended up only paying for a couple of days - and then getting them refunded because the connectivity was so poor. 

Note the $15/$20 $20/$30 price is PER a device rather than per a person - we had 2 phones and 2 laptops between us and shared one device by just booting each other off as required. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lissie said:

Surely you are on land some of those days?  So can use shore wifi or a cellular roaming package depending on the country. 

They don't calculate data - you can use as much data as you want - its time - and its 24 hours - so if you buy the package a 10am it will last until 10am the next day.  With $270 credit between  2 that's 12 days between you  add on  port days... We were on a 34 day  trip and qualified for gold 1/2 way through and ended up only paying for a couple of days - and then getting them refunded because the connectivity was so poor. 

Note the $15/$20 $20/$30 price is PER a device rather than per a person - we had 2 phones and 2 laptops between us and shared one device by just booting each other off as required. 

Others have reported that the connected device can be set up to tether thus allowing other devices to share the same connection at the same time.

11 minutes ago, North West Newbie said:

Others have reported that the connected device can be set up to tether thus allowing other devices to share the same connection at the same time.

No idea what tethering is, but we bought one internet package on the first full day [saved us a few $$] and we both used it on our devices, but only one device could use it at a time.

Worked for us,

Tethering is connecting devices together so they can use the same internet connection. We used Bluetooth to share one package on both our phones. It only works when you're together, not when one of you is in isolation!

With tethering and using data in port we wouldn't have needed to buy extra on our 14 day cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1