Shower Size Dimensions - - anyone on board right now who can measure ?

angela12345

Anyone on board right now who can measure and give the inside dimension dimensions on the size of a standard bathroom shower stall ?  Also, I'm trying to remember, seems like I remember the showers are not perfectly square.  So may need up to 4 dimensions (back wall, shower curtain side, shower head wall, and opposite of showerhead wall) or whatever works to convey the measurements correctly.  What ship are these measurements from, and what cabin category ?  Thanks in advance !!!   : )

Edited by angela12345

1 minute ago, angela12345 said:

LOL !  As OCD as the cruise critic crowd is, there's no doubt in my mind that there's someone (or many someones) who have this information.  :classic_tongue:

I'm confused here, but why WOULD someone measure their shower while on a cruise?

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 1

Hi 🙂

Standard stateroom showers are (approximately) 30" x 30"

Some say approximately 3 feet x 3 feet

Some are square, some are not.

Also - Most standard size (bathrooms) on a cruise ship are 4 feet by 6 feet total.

Have you (Looked/Google Searched/YouTube) videos or photos of Standard Size Showers on Carnival Cruise ships?? Stateroom video tours? There are many. 

⬇️Here is a Cruise Critic post about the same topic⬇️

⬇️Another Cruise Critic post located @:⬇️

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2420435-shower-size/

20221129-113925.jpg

7946531772-52695dc096-b.jpg

20221129-115601.jpg

🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿

Edited by PortSideCruzan
  • Like 1

Someone asked this question several months ago (September as I recall), I happened to be on a cruise at the time so made the trek from my sofa into the bathroom and stepped off the shower.  It was approximately 3' by 3' as I recall, with one corner slightly cut off.

Edited by groundloop

Thanks @groundloop and @PortSideCruzan !  Yep, I did a search on here for "shower" in the post title and did not find the answer, but did find a couple "quess-timates", I also searched on Google and almost all results were for the mini-tub junior-size tub at 28x46.  That 3rd pic looks more like 30x42.  These are great pics, thanks ! 

I did find the post linked but its more guessing ... one guessed 30x30 another guessed 36x36.  If the shower was 66x66 then actually being 60x60 is not a noticeable difference.  However ... there's a huge noticeable difference in 30x30 vs 36x36.  Also, HOW did you find the other link from 2012 ??  When I searched on this board, only 9 threads were about showers ... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=shower&type=forums_topic&nodes=133&search_in=titles

54 minutes ago, angela12345 said:

HOW did you find the other link from 2012 ??  When I searched on this board, only 9 threads were about showers 

Hi @angela12345🙂

I didn't search from Cruise Critic directly. I searched on Google.

At first I typed into Google:

Carnival Cruise Standard Shower Size

Then I typed into Google:

Cruise Critic: Carnival Cruise Standard Shower Size

After exhausting a regular search for links to pages, you then can click on images or videos within your Google search. Search possibilities & switching wording around, are endless.

🌴

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

I also think 30 x 30 is very close. Having said that, I also think it would be easier to soap the shower walls & spin around🤣

They are small.

Said every large comedian at every comedy show😁.

6 hours ago, karlmonday said:

You will enjoy the shower curtain sticking to you as you try to shower...lol

One could leave the curtain open and in essence extend the shower to the entire bathroom. I know how DW would react so I won't personally attempt it.

11 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

The shower is small. Some do not fit at all. The bathroom floor does not have a drain. Some questions you do not want to know the answer.

The bathroom floor does indeed have a drain.

What a Room on Carnival Cruise Line's Vista Ship Is Like: Photos

(Not my photo, not my arrows, BTW.  Found it on Google.  Obviously someone else on the Internet has had this discussion before.🤣)

11 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

Is there a buffer to keep the water out of the room like the buffer in the picture.

Yes.  There is a raised threshold (doorsill) to the door between the cabin and bathroom.  The drains and the the doorsill are all part of a very intentional design to control water that often gets on the floor of a moving vessel.  Haven't you ever noticed it by stubbing your toe on that thing before?🤣  Or does that only happen to me?😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can always use the showers in the spa/gym if you need/want more room when you shower.  

Also, on most ships if you get a suite, you will have a full tub (with jets)/shower combo if the single shower size is a concern for you.  

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

Is there a buffer to keep the water out of the room like the buffer in the picture.

Do you mean out of the bathroom or out of the actual cabin?  If you mean to keep the water off of the rest of the bathroom, that is simply not going to happen.  In regular cabins there is a small lip around the shower area (as in the pictures above).  In HC ambulatory and non-ambulatory cabins there is no lip.  The bathrooms are designed as full wet areas and there is a drain in both the bathroom and the shower.  It was tough for me during my first cruise, but I eventually resigned myself to the fact that the bathroom floor is just going to get wet no matter what we do.

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

The bathroom floor does indeed have a drain.

What a Room on Carnival Cruise Line's Vista Ship Is Like: Photos

(Not my photo, not my arrows, BTW.  Found it on Google.  Obviously someone else on the Internet has had this discussion before.🤣)

And if you notice a sewer smell in your cabin try pouring a glass of water down the drain under the toilet. Chances are the trap has dried out.

41 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Yes.  There is a raised threshold (doorsill) to the door between the cabin and bathroom.  The drains and the the doorsill are all part of a very intentional design to control water that often gets on the floor of a moving vessel.  Haven't you ever noticed it by stubbing your toe on that thing before?🤣  Or does that only happen to me?😳

I've only sailed in one handicap accessible cabin and obviously this may not apply to every accessible cabin on every ship on every cruise line but it did not have a raised threshold in either the shower or the door (and the bathroom floor and cabin floor were the same level). Water that got onto the bathroom floor did get onto the carpet in the cabin. One of the main reasons we don't book guaranteed cabins, to avoid being assigned to another accessible one. (And it is a personal cruise tradition of mine to stub my toe at least once per cruise on the doorsill.)

Edited by sparks1093

2 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

And if you notice a sewer smell in your cabin try pouring a glass of water down the drain under the toilet. Chances are the trap has dried out.

I've only sailed in one handicap accessible cabin and obviously this may not apply to every accessible cabin on every ship on every cruise line but it did not have a raised threshold in either the shower or the door (and the bathroom floor and cabin floor were the same level). Water that got onto the bathroom floor did get onto the carpet in the cabin. One of the main reasons we don't book guaranteed cabins, to avoid being assigned to another accessible one.

Yes, exactly!  Water down the bathroom floor drain is actually on my to-do list upon checking into my cabin on each cruise.  Just to be proactive, since I have indeed experienced the sewer gas smell from a floor drain on a cruise about a decade ago.

Good point.  I've never sailed in an accessible cabin, and although I knew about the lack of raised thresholds, I didn't think to mention that in my PP.  That could be helpful to others to know.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

I'm confused here, but why WOULD someone measure their shower while on a cruise?

Lots of reasons ... mobility issues even if not full handicap needs, "fluffy" cruisers wanting to make sure they will fit comfortably, comparing bathroom/showers to other cabins or suite categories, comparing bathrooms/shower to different cruiselines, wanting to make sure the shower in the new house you're building is definitely bigger than the one on the ship(haha!), etc, etc . . . .

By the way ... still looking for an answer on actual dimensions if anyone is onboard or has measured in the past.  Thanks so much to those giving their best guesses !  That certainly helps narrow it down.

The Carnival shower is indeed tiny, and the plastic curtain imo, is irritating and tiresome. Many of Carnival's "fluffy" or obese guests will have trouble adjusting to the small space.

The newer ships like the MG have glass doors instead of the plastic shower curtain {at least in the balcony cabins I've sailed in}.