2024 Schedules out (but no QE)

buchanan101

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Very poor programme completely and in my eyes proves that Cunard are not really interested in UK cruiser's sailing from Southampton.

As a die hard QV fan, we're disappointed but recognise it might be judicious planning on the part of Cunard.

Many, like us want to depart/arrive S'ton and with the choice being between Mary [no thanks] or the new ship, it might/will introduce Queen Anne to a whole raft of Cunard passengers...like us!

We won't prejudge; we will book; we won't go comparing her with her smaller sisters and we will enjoy. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mrs Bear and I look for 'no fly' sailings from / to New York - and that reduces our search scope to mostly transatlantic round trips - hardly a hardship.

For 2024 we will see what sailing will include Anthony Inglis / National Symphony again. Like that information will be available on his web site before the Cunard 'themes' page is updated.

• Like 1

We would like to sail Cunard more than once every few years but the repetitive and uncreative itineraries with less ports than similar length cruises on other lines are not appealing.

Good pricing can be found, QE next October from Barcelona at $899 for a balcony cabin is hundreds less than HAL, Princess, or Celebrity and in my mind a somewhat better product.

10 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Very disappointed QV all fly cruises no QE, QA very expensive IMO and QM2 doing her usual TAs. Sorry having just returned from QV in a PG really don't think it is worth £750+ per night for a couple. No mention of QG prices and shudder to think what extortionate prices they are and honestly think there is just as good experience if not better with other cruise companies for similar prices.

Well I'm cruising QE in 2024 - I've booked for her! Shes back to her usual pattern of Australia-Japan-Alaska 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foodsvcmgr said:

We would like to sail Cunard more than once every few years but the repetitive and uncreative itineraries with less ports than similar length cruises on other lines are not appealing.

Good pricing can be found, QE next October from Barcelona at $899 for a balcony cabin is hundreds less than HAL, Princess, or Celebrity and in my mind a somewhat better product.

Thank you for pointing this out- I'm always confused why people think Cunard is "luxury" compared to HAL,Princess etc. We end up sailing with them because for the itineraries we wanted they were significantly cheaper. 

Am done now though I think - nothing else I really want to do which other lines don't have better ports for. 

5 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

As a die hard QV fan, we're disappointed but recognise it might be judicious planning on the part of Cunard.

Many, like us want to depart/arrive S'ton and with the choice being between Mary [no thanks] or the new ship, it might/will introduce Queen Anne to a whole raft of Cunard passengers...like us!

We won't prejudge; we will book; we won't go comparing her with her smaller sisters and we will enjoy. 🙂

Same here. All lined up to book QA to fjords. Includes Flamm as well.  Just the question of PG or one of the Q6s right at the front with a forward facing window. They look interesting… 

5 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Same here. All lined up to book QA to fjords. Includes Flamm as well.  Just the question of PG or one of the Q6s right at the front with a forward facing window. They look interesting… 

This cabin looks very interesting on QA. 8 of them. Lowest is deck 7.  Cheapest QG 

6D18DD49-1C8E-4E87-A210-CF182766EAE6.jpeg

If you got the email today and following the link there is a heading for each ship.  For the QE it says:

Join Queen Elizabeth and explore the unique wilderness of Alaska in 2024. Sail past unforgettable scenery, from sparkling glaciers to untamed national parks, not forgetting an abundance of wildlife.
A selection of remarkable Alaska itineraries will be announced in the coming months, so please check back soon.

So we have to wait even longer to find out what she is up to in 2024. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_london said:

If you got the email today and following the link there is a heading for each ship.  For the QE it says:

Join Queen Elizabeth and explore the unique wilderness of Alaska in 2024. Sail past unforgettable scenery, from sparkling glaciers to untamed national parks, not forgetting an abundance of wildlife.
A selection of remarkable Alaska itineraries will be announced in the coming months, so please check back soon.

I have noticed in other years as well the Alaska itineraries have been posted later than other voyages.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_london said:

They seem to announce them later and later each year.

The concierge told me on a voyage in 2019 that the start dates of each Alaska cruise are known well in advance, but the ports of call and their order are harder to determine. Apparently Cunard doesn't want to disappoint people who book an Alaska cruise for certain ports and find that changes have been made.

It seems that some other cruise lines don't have that problem, but many ships (e.g. Holland America) follow the exact same 7-day itinerary all season. Some of Cunard's relatively few cruises are of different lengths and different ports of call.

• Like 1

thanks for this. We are looking to use our FCC from covid cabin confinement on our Alaska-FL cruise. Probably the fjords as QM2 was our honeymoon TA and it will be 15 years in 2024. I think I have a plan forming ....

Edited by elmsliebev

Just pre-pre-"reserved" a P2 on QA for fjords in June 2024 through A.N.Other agent with as good as 10% off. Hopefully they'll come up with the goods on Tuesday. Not bad for a Cunard Fare for £2435 pp.  I think we can put up with the long thin cabin in mid summer...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

Just pre-pre-"reserved" a P2 on QA for fjords in June 2024 through A.N.Other agent with as good as 10% off. Hopefully they'll come up with the goods on Tuesday. Not bad for a Cunard Fare for £2435 pp.  I think we can put up with the long thin cabin in mid summer...

Is that 10% inclusive of 5% Cunard past passenger so TA giving 5% or is it 10% from TA on top of 5% past passenger discount.

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Is that 10% inclusive of 5% Cunard past passenger so TA giving 5% or is it 10% from TA on top of 5% past passenger discount.

It’s 5% after Cunard’s 5% past passenger. A couple of TAs seem to be offering it. 

10 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

It’s 5% after Cunard’s 5% past passenger. A couple of TAs seem to be offering it. 

I can only find one TA offering 5% and there is no way would I book with them after past experience with them and their awful reputation during pandemic.

My TA doesn't give discounts over and above Cunard's offers.

He gives super amazing service and that's a value far precious than discounts and he won't be the only one out there who has the same approach to their clients.

Find an agent you trust and stick with them. Personal service outweighs any discount.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

My TA doesn't give discounts over and above Cunard's offers.

He gives super amazing service and that's a value far precious than discounts and he won't be the only one out there who has the same approach to their clients.

Find an agent you trust and stick with them. Personal service outweighs any discount.

Well seeing that as you have previously said always booking a Q1/Q2 you are losing a lot of money because 5% of Q1/Q2 suite is a considerable amount of money and no service from a  TA is worth that much.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Well seeing that as you have previously said always booking a Q1/Q2 you are losing a lot of money because 5% of Q1/Q2 suite is a considerable amount of money and no service from a  TA is worth that much.

As you have no idea of my interactions with Cunard via my TA, let's just say, I disagree. 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I can only find one TA offering 5% and there is no way would I book with them after past experience with them and their awful reputation during pandemic.

The one you’ve complained about before is not the one I used. We will see. I know what I want it’s a simple cruise from/to Southampton Not sure what service an agent could provide worth £250 (the 5% discount)? Maybe a good agent wangles an upgrade but that’s so unlikely for me having only one cruise under my belt that it’s irrelevant. And all P1 cabins on QA are effectively identical for location. 

43 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

The one you’ve complained about before is not the one I used. We will see. I know what I want it’s a simple cruise from/to Southampton Not sure what service an agent could provide worth £250 (the 5% discount)? Maybe a good agent wangles an upgrade but that’s so unlikely for me having only one cruise under my belt that it’s irrelevant. And all P1 cabins on QA are effectively identical for location. 

It's when things go whatsit up you realise how good, or poor your agent is. A good agent is in for the long haul for their clients. Not the odd 5% here or there.

No matter. We value our agent. Suits us. 🙂

• Like 3

On 11/30/2022 at 1:13 PM, richard_london said:

Nope we already have bookings on her in 2024 - she's in Australia and then in Japan until the end of April - obviously from there she'll go to Alaska (not announced yet)