Does the Reflection still have a library on board?

mrsbunder

I'm looking to my 12/11 cruise on the Reflection, I haven't sailed since 2019, pre-pandemic.  Do the ships still have the libraries on board?  My last cruise was on the Edge, which had the small seating space but no books.

Reflection still had the library, however was not too well stocked, during our recent TA.  There were also several foreign language books and some shelves with bring/get books from passengers.

A good idea was to have some tables there with large and difficult puzzles where anybody could work on if you felt like it.  But this was probably organized by passengers via the roll call.

Edited by odysee

Yes was a relief to find comfortable chairs again (also in other Reflection venues) after the extremely uncomfortable seating we found on Beyond practically everywhere.

Btw Beyond has no library anymore.

Edited by odysee

As a retired librarian, the idea of making the library into inside cabins is a stab in my heart. Last time on the Reflection, I was able to exchange my paperbacks for some really good ones left by other passengers. I usually buy 20 books from ThriftBooks.com and leave them by the end of the cruise. I had a whole carry all full of books. The only cruise line that I have been on recently, that still has a great library is Oceania. 

On 12/3/2022 at 9:51 AM, Treasure Hunter said:

As a retired librarian, the idea of making the library into inside cabins is a stab in my heart. Last time on the Reflection, I was able to exchange my paperbacks for some really good ones left by other passengers. I usually buy 20 books from ThriftBooks.com and leave them by the end of the cruise. I had a whole carry all full of books. The only cruise line that I have been on recently, that still has a great library is Oceania. 

The QM2 has a wonderful library with accredited librarian--at least was the case in 2018.

On 11/30/2022 at 9:35 AM, odysee said:

Yes was a relief to find comfortable chairs again (also in other Reflection venues) after the extremely uncomfortable seating we found on Beyond practically everywhere.

Btw Beyond has no library anymore.

Reminds me of my experience on Edge... most of the chairs in public areas are designed as art pieces and are terrible as chairs. If you have bad knees... forget about it... no arms... very deep and very low

On 11/29/2022 at 5:03 PM, mrsbunder said:

I'm looking to my 12/11 cruise on the Reflection, I haven't sailed since 2019, pre-pandemic.  Do the ships still have the libraries on board?  My last cruise was on the Edge, which had the small seating space but no books.

On Reflection now and there is a library, but a lot of bare space along with some books.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear the library still exists. We are booked on a TA Oct 2023 on Reflection. Currently on Emerald Princess and their library is a joke. No comfy chairs…just a big long table with chairs on either side…looks like a place to do research not have a nice quiet read. Best library we’ve seen so far is Oceania Riviera…big comfy chairs and sofas in quiet nooks.