Around The World Extra Perks

bob brown

43 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The only advantage I can think of would be getting your obc for stockholder/military,  or elite mini bar for each segment of the world cruise. Extra perks could be offered by the TA that books your cruise.

Except don't think that will be the case if booked as a single cruise and not b2b

While not cash or OBC there are some very special features of a WC.  Here are a few from the Pacific Princess' last WC in 2019.

Special Sunday brunches.  Absolutely over the top.  A MDR is used to set up a huge buffet.  This is nothing like the Horizon Court.   These events took place, to my memory, about once a month and were often linked to a country visit or holiday.

Special MDR dinner items added when the dining room staff was able to make some local purchases.  As I recall during our visit to French Polynesia the chef returned from port with lots of fresh fish, and wow did we enjoy.

Upon embarkation you will be given a small gift with that year's WC logo.  We received a backpack.

Visits to the bridge.  Given the almost 4 months at sea, senior bridge officers would frequently invite guests to the bridge.  Nothing formal or planned, but you would find yourself chatting with an officer during month 2 or 3, and the conversation needed with an invite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tcdcruiser said:

While not cash or OBC there are some very special features of a WC.  Here are a few from the Pacific Princess' last WC in 2019.

Special Sunday brunches.  Absolutely over the top.  A MDR is used to set up a huge buffet.  This is nothing like the Horizon Court.   These events took place, to my memory, about once a month and were often linked to a country visit or holiday.

Special MDR dinner items added when the dining room staff was able to make some local purchases.  As I recall during our visit to French Polynesia the chef returned from port with lots of fresh fish, and wow did we enjoy.

Upon embarkation you will be given a small gift with that year's WC logo.  We received a backpack.

Visits to the bridge.  Given the almost 4 months at sea, senior bridge officers would frequently invite guests to the bridge.  Nothing formal or planned, but you would find yourself chatting with an officer during month 2 or 3, and the conversation needed with an invite.

with Covid - visits to the bridge and the special ship tour might not be happening?

6 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

Except don't think that will be the case if booked as a single cruise and not b2b

In the past I have booked a 2 week Alaska Glacier Bay cruise. For us it was 2 weeks, but in reality it was the North Trip followed by the South Trip.  If memory serves, I got the 2 week Stockholder Benefit ($250) and I got my mini bar refilled at the end of the Northern leg.  So the 2 week trip did include 2 mini bar set ups, not just one. 

• Like 1

We had reserved the 2021 world cruise - cancelled by Princess of course - At the time of booking we were offered a luggage service to take our bags to the ship and home at the end of the cruise. Other years I had noticed that it included round trip air. I wish we could have gone.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks for those responses.   I was trying to find out for my friends, Hope and Ron, who will be on this year's full world cruise, on the Island Princess.

And to compare what Princess offers versus what Oceania does for their full world cruise passenger's.

12 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Okay, thanks for those responses.   I was trying to find out for my friends, Hope and Ron, who will be on this year's full world cruise, on the Island Princess.

And to compare what Princess offers versus what Oceania does for their full world cruise passenger's.

One of the more humorous things is the "Princess Premier" package includes two speciality dinners per cruise. So, yep, that's two for the entire trip be it one week or 110 days. At least Oceania adjusts the  number based on the length of the trip.

So far, the only thing that I've found that Princess offers is much better chocolate cookies and pizza. 😉

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hokulea said:

One of the more humorous things is the "Princess Premier" package includes two speciality dinners per cruise. So, yep, that's two for the entire trip be it one week or 110 days. At least Oceania adjusts the  number based on the length of the trip.

So far, the only thing that I've found that Princess offers is much better chocolate cookies and pizza. 😉

Haha...have to agree, especially about chocolate chip cookies...Oceania should learn how their mainstream sibling, NCL makes those.:classic_rolleyes:

I am only interested, however, in not all things different about Princess, but specifically only the extra perks they offer their full world cruiser's, regardless of their loyalty perks, or cabin status, both of which are a separate consideration...

8 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Haha...have to agree, especially about chocolate chip cookies...Oceania should learn how their mainstream sibling, NCL makes those.:classic_rolleyes:

I am only interested, however, in not all things different about Princess, but specifically only the extra perks they offer their full world cruiser's, regardless of their loyalty perks, or cabin status, both of which are a separate consideration...

I recall if booking early, there were several extra bonuses like free internet, some OBC - perhaps more.  Best thing would be to see if you can find a WC promo flyer/brochure and everything is outlined there.  

ETA:  Here is an example from the 2024 offering:

Rates for the 2024 World Cruise start at $21,079/person. Guests booking the 97- or 111-day World Cruise by January 31, 2022 receive early booking perks, including:

• Drinks with Tips  guests enjoy the Premier Beverage Package with everything from cocktails, beer and wine to specialty coffees, smoothies and bottled water.
  • Unlimited Wi-Fi  cruisers can video chat and text with family back home, stream favorite shows and check e-mail. 
  • Crew Appreciation – full daily gratuities are paid to crew on behalf of cruise guests.
  • First-Class or Economy Roundtrip Airfare – guests booked in suites, Club Class or mini-suites fly first class to and from LAX or FLL, while guests booking a balcony stateroom receive free economy airfare. Only valid on flights departing the United States or Canada.
  • Money to Spend On Board – for shopping, shore excursions, spa treatments and more, a $500 per guest (for the first two guests) is applied.
  • Specialty Dining – each guest can dine at award-winning specialty restaurants up to four times during the voyage without worrying about the cover charge. 
Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1