Attire advice

mcase131

• 2 weeks later...

Winter weather in Barcelona isn't great.

Alicante is better, but still unreliable.

Cadiz usually has the warmest winter weather of the three, but more likely to be wet.

Evenings will be a little chilly.

But hey, all three will be a lot warmer than Ontario 🙂

Carry a  warm and waterproof jacket & you'll be fine.

JB 🙂

• Like 1

John,

Your advice and knowledge has been great.  As soon as I see your name, I read your posts.

Thank you for all your information that you share with everyone.

I am looking forward to this cruise and you are right, any weather will be better than Ontario.

Maria

17 minutes ago, mcase131 said:

John,

Your advice and knowledge has been great.  As soon as I see your name, I read your posts.

Thank you for all your information that you share with everyone.

I am looking forward to this cruise and you are right, any weather will be better than Ontario.

Maria

Yep, its no just the weather you're travelling to - its also the weather you're escaping from. 

We're just back from a Caribbean cruise.

Timed it beautifully - great weather but it rained the day we left Barbados.

We arrived at London Gatwick to snow. Car snowed-under in the parking lot, doors frozen shut, and a flat battery. Scraped off the snow & ice, got a jump-start from the parking lot operator. Fortunately the roads were cleared of ice & snow for the drive home.

We preferred the rain in Barbados 🤣

JB 🙂

• Like 1

Maria, just to add fashion advice for Spain in winter: In Barcelona the locals will all be wearing their winter clothes, lovely stylish leather jackets and coats and boots  (Spanish women are super stylish, especially in the cities, and if you like clothes be sure to check out the fashion stores). They laugh when they see tourists in their summer clothes.  It wont be cold the way that you know cold at home, but it wont be hot. In the sun in the middle of the day it may  be warm enough to sit out at a bar, for example. We were in Cadiz last January and everything was covered in thick mist (I thought I had a photo somewhere but can't find it).  but another year another cruise in Lisbon we celebrated a birthday with lunch on a restaurant terrace in lovely sunshine. As JB says, its somewhat hit and miss, be ready for anything.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:27 AM, John Bull said:

its also the weather you're escaping from

I've visited the UK several times during the winter. Once the agent at border control in Gatwick Airport asked me why I would visit the UK at that time of the year, "with all the terrible weather." I replied that the weather back home was much worse. It is not the only time that I thought UK border control were trying to persuade me not to stay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...