"Flights By Celebrity"

Sunset329

I have never used "Flights By Celebrity". The flights are now available for our October Transatlantic cruise. When I search the available flights, I am unable to "select" the flight. Does the cabin have to be paid in full before I book flights? What am I doing wrong?

25 minutes ago, Sunset329 said:

I have never used "Flights By Celebrity". The flights are now available for our October Transatlantic cruise. When I search the available flights, I am unable to "select" the flight. Does the cabin have to be paid in full before I book flights? What am I doing wrong?

No you do not have to be paid in full to be able to select flights. 

Perhaps you are not doing anything wrong. I had a similar problem 3-4 years ago. Tried every possible thing I could think of to no avail--different web browser, tried my wife's account, etc.  I called Celebrity (they said they would pass the info on to their IT department) and I also posted the problem on Cruise Critic (no one else had this problem). No solution found. Since I was planning on using award miles to get my tickets directly through the carrier, my problem was not a big deal other than it bothered me.

In the end, my cruise fell victim to the first wave of Covid cancellations and during that time I never could "select" a flight on FBC.  Every cruise I booked months afterward never had this problem--I even booked my air on my recently completed Constellation TA using FBC--so it was all a big mystery on why I had that problem. 

If this problem doesn't go away for you either, you can always call FBC although you may endure long wait times. 

Edited by mahdnc

46 minutes ago, Sunset329 said:

You might need to wait a few more days. I think 330 (or so) days is when you pick a flight. Perhaps the first leg is available but not the return?

24 minutes ago, Sunset329 said:

Thanks. I have only done one-way searches. I can get available flights and costs, but the site will not allow me to "select" a flight. I will keep trying.

Which TA are you sailing on? I see 3...the last leaving 10/30 which is probably too early to pick flights for.

We are on the Reflection leaving on October 19, 2023. When I do a mock booking, I get flight quotes. Also, when I try to book a flight, the site will list all the available flights, but it will not allow me to "select" a flight. I will call Celebrity tomorrow.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunset329 said:

We are on the Reflection leaving on October 19, 2023. When I do a mock booking, I get flight quotes. Also, when I try to book a flight, the site will list all the available flights, but it will not allow me to "select" a flight. I will call Celebrity tomorrow.

FWIW, I did a mock booking and was able to select flights. Hopefully the wait when you call will be short...

The problem must be on my end. I can do a mock booking, and even select the flight for a quote. However, when I go to "Manage My Reservation", I am able to search the available flights, but can't "Select" the flight. I am not very computer savvy, so I will call Celebrity tomorrow for help.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sunset329 said:

The problem must be on my end. I can do a mock booking, and even select the flight for a quote. However, when I go to "Manage My Reservation", I am able to search the available flights, but can't "Select" the flight. I am not very computer savvy, so I will call Celebrity tomorrow for help.

Thanks for your help.

I was also able to select flights on my mock booking for the cruise that I was having problems with. 

Not that this should have any bearing on the problem, did you book your cruise through Celebrity or through a TA?

Edited by mahdnc

Just call. If you call after 6 PM or before 8 AM you should have little or no wait time. I have had no wait at all recently with these times. I am on central time and I believe most of these folks are in Mexico or Guatamala so also on central time. If you are not aware, they are open 24/7. And I had great service on calls made on Thanksgiving day. No holiday for them.  Payment is not due until the cruise final payment date. Changes or cancellation can be made at no penalty until that final payment date. 

Edited by 39august

3 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Which TA are you sailing on? I see 3...the last leaving 10/30 which is probably too early to pick flights for.

We are on the 10/30 TA on Constellation and were able to choose our one-way flight to Venice.

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I was also able to select flights on my mock booking for the cruise that I was having problems with. 

Not that this should have any bearing on the problem, did you book your cruise through Celebrity or through a TA?

I booked with a TA. I have already talked to my TA and he said that it is usually easier if I simply book the flights myself.

On 12/4/2022 at 3:23 PM, alyssamma said:

Yeah, but what about the return flight? You might not have needed it, but I'm guessing that is too early...

Since it is a Transatlantic the return home will be from Tampa where I will most likely use miles to book it. You're guess is correct though, it's too early.

• Like 1