Water bottles in your luggage?

SandyR5

10 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Not according to cabin attendants we asked. We give

them the choice of what leave. Some want Coke only, others ask for a mixture. They tell us wine/beer can be taken to the crew bar to share.

So, Remember this.  A crew member is asked if they would like a bottle of water.  They have a choice to say yes, or no.  If no, it makes them look "ungrateful", and they want that cash tip later.  If they say yes, you are happy. 

Now, the crew has all the water they need on the ship.  They don't pay for it.  Even the non crew, many people don't pay for water.  So of course they say yes.  

In the crew bar, and in crew areas, it is not a vacation.  It' a community.  They have there own facilities including crew bars.  They pay less than $2.00 for a mixed drink, maybe a $1.00 to $1.25 for a beer.  I'm going to guess that if soda was not free, than it would be really cheap.  Imagine you were hoping for a $20 tip, and instead, you get some soda.  They will always be happy, but please, remember, water is not a tip.  CASH is what they want.  (but will still smile at the water that is $0.00 to them)

• Like 1

When we boarded Jewel on Nov 6, it was the first US cruise since the TA.  When we got to the room, expecting our usual 6 bottles of water, we found 2 cans of mineral water (yuck).  DH asked if we could get bottled spring instead.  DH and I cannot drink mineral water.   I know it's popular in Europe, but nope.  They swore that they didn't have plain bottled onboard.  Well, after our steward pursuing it for a couple of days (we didn't ask him to) a 12 pack of large bottles of water showed up (1 liter size). More than we could possibly drink.  We were onboard for 13 days total and got those bottles about 3 days in.  We ended up drinking 3 of the big bottles.   Our steward told us he couldn't take them during the cruise, but whatever we left at the end they could keep.  So we left 9 large bottles of water for our second steward (they switched up between our b2b).  We had carried two small bottles (16.9 oz) from our hotel that we hadn't drank so all we really wanted were our 6 bottles we normally get.   Water is heavy so we don't bother carrying many onboard.  Just like we quit carrying wine as we already get two bottles as 340 pt+ D+.  I remember when people would put a luggage tag on a case of water or soda and it would show up.  I know they quit accepting those a while ago.

Edited by BND

6 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

So, Remember this.  A crew member is asked if they would like a bottle of water.  They have a choice to say yes, or no.  If no, it makes them look "ungrateful", and they want that cash tip later.  If they say yes, you are happy. 

Now, the crew has all the water they need on the ship.  They don't pay for it.  Even the non crew, many people don't pay for water.  So of course they say yes.  

In the crew bar, and in crew areas, it is not a vacation.  It' a community.  They have there own facilities including crew bars.  They pay less than $2.00 for a mixed drink, maybe a $1.00 to $1.25 for a beer.  I'm going to guess that if soda was not free, than it would be really cheap.  Imagine you were hoping for a $20 tip, and instead, you get some soda.  They will always be happy, but please, remember, water is not a tip.  CASH is what they want.  (but will still smile at the water that is $0.00 to them)

I am talking real experiences. You are babbling about what you think might be real. Josephland does not exist.