Apex Cabana question

Basically, what is it??  I read the description and it sounded like a dining experience, but the time starts at 9am.  The cabanas im use to are usually around a pool and you have it for the day with a private waiter.  Is that similar to what this is or is it truly a dining experience, assuming breakfast, at 9am??

thx

It's definitely not a dining experience. You just book it through the dining section of the cruise planner. You do get a lunch included with some off menu items like the Luminae burger. You have your own space to hang out all day and an attendant that will be waiting on you. Plenty of videos on YouTube. This menu is from Edge but it's mostly the same, if not identical, on Apex. 

Edge Cabana Experience

Included:

Four Large Bottles of Evian Water Selection of Six Chilled Beers Unlimited Soft Drinks
Fresh Fruit Skewers

Cabana Food Menu Evian Facial Spray Ice Cold Towels

Choice of:

One Bottle of Grey Goose Vodka
One Bottle of Veuve Cliquot Rosé Champagne One Bottle of Grgich Hills Opulence Chardonnay

Cocktails

Between The Lines ...................................................................................................................................................................... 10

Bacardi 8 Rum, Rémy VSOP Cognac, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, Mint, Soda Water, Bitters

Elder Flower Blush...................................................................................................................................................................... 11

Bombay Sapphire Gin, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Sprite, Lemon Juice, Basil, Strawberry

Amsterdam Collins...................................................................................................................................................................... 10

Ketel One Vodka, Apricot Brandy, Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup, Orange Bitters

Blue Note Punch................................................................................................................................................................................ 9

Stoli Blueberi Vodka, Red Bull Blueberry Edition, Simple Syrup, Bitters, Pineapple, Lime Juices

Peychaud’s Paloma......................................................................................................................................................................... 9

Don Julio Blanco Tequila, Peychaud’s Bitters, Lime, Cucumber, Simple Syrup, Grapefruit Soda

An 18% service charge will automatically be added to your check.

Refreshments

Zero Proof
Sparkling Mint Lemonade..................... 5 Watermelon Tropic........................................... 5 Red Bull.......................................................................... 6 Vitamin Water........................................................ 5 Beers
Heineken.........................Draft 7 Bottle 7 Amstel Light .......................................... Bottle 7 Blue Moon................................................................10 Bud Light..................................................................... 6

Budweiser..................................................................... 6 Corona Extra.......................................................... 7 Corona Light ........................................................... 7 Coors Light................................................................. 6 Dos Equis..................................................................... 7 Miller Light ............................................................... 6 New Castle Brown Ale................................. 8 O’doul’s Non-Alcoholic............................... 7 Red Stripe.................................................................... 7 Stella Artois............................................................10

Wines by the Glass
Brut Rosé, Fantinel, Tre Venezie, Italy................................................................................................................................ 9 Prosecco, Fantinel, Tre Venezie, Italy ................................................................................................................................... 9 Pinot Grigio, Corte Giara, Delle Venezie, Italy....................................................................................................... 9 Sauvignon Blanc, Villa Maria, Marlborough, NZ.......................................................................................... 11 Chardonnay, St. Francis, Sonoma....................................................................................................................................... 10 Pinot Noir, Castle Rock, California........................................................................................................................................ 9 Cabernet Sauvignon, Excelsior, South Africa.......................................................................................................... 9 White Zinfandel, Beringer, California.............................................................................................................................. 7 Rosé, Le Bel Olivier, Pays D’oc, France............................................................................................................................8

Edge Cabana Food Menu

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

Herb Croutons, Aged Parmesan

Chilled Shrimp Cocktail

Horseradish Cocktail Sauce

Roasted Turkey BLT Wrap

Roasted Garlic Aioli, Whole Wheat Wrap, French Fries

Luminae Signature Burger*

Cheddar, Bacon-Onion Jam, Sesame Brioche, Truffle Fries

Marinated Chicken Sandwich

Lettuce, Tomato, Grilled Onions, Basil Pesto Aioli

Selection of Fresh Fruits

with Lime Yogurt and Mint

How does the food ordering work? Do they limit it to a certain number of people that can order or a certain number of items you can order?

We have 5 people in our group that will be in the cabana. 

I’d like to order the Luminae burger and also shrimp cocktail. 

8 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

What I thought was odd is that the cabana is right on the walkway across from the Magic carpet, not facing the pool and is therefore not private at all. 

Everyone makes comments about the privacy of the cabanas.  That's not what these cabanas are for.  It's a dedicated lounging space close to the main pool with some added service and perks.  They are definitely more for people watching than privacy, although there is some level of privacy.  It's not like they are in the middle of the pool deck with no walls.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

Save your MONEY... Did a large cabana on Beyond and "service" was practically Non-existent! Cabana host/waiter pointed me in the direction of the bar when I asked for beers 😞

Did you bring this up with anyone once you found out the level of service was not what you expected?  After being denied service, I would have notified someone in charge and either asked for more attentive service or asked to be refunded and give up the cabana rental for the rest of the day.

• Thanks 1

We watched some of the youtube videos and they mention that only cabana guests can get into that area.  Is that a true statement and how do they police it given it also looks like thats where you get on the magic carpet when its on that level.

Also, there are two chairs in front of the cabinas facing the ocean.  Are those also included?

thanks

2 minutes ago, 20165 said:

We watched some of the youtube videos and they mention that only cabana guests can get into that area.  Is that a true statement and how do they police it given it also looks like thats where you get on the magic carpet when its on that level.

Also, there are two chairs in front of the cabinas facing the ocean.  Are those also included?

thanks

It's not possible to restrict access to that walkway when the magic carpet is on deck 14 as that's the only way to get to it.  However, the magic carpet does go up to deck 16 on sea days, so I suppose they could rope it off on those days.  It might be dependent on how many cabanas are booked for that day when the magic carpet is on deck 16.  If only 1 or 2, probably not.  If they're full, they might be more inclined to rope off that walkway.

I've read that those two chairs are part of the cabana rental and that the cabana hosts have gone up to people sitting there informed them of this.  It may be ship dependent.

10 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

How does the food ordering work? Do they limit it to a certain number of people that can order or a certain number of items you can order?

We have 5 people in our group that will be in the cabana. 

I’d like to order the Luminae burger and also shrimp cocktail. 

Large cabana is for 4 people, small cabana is for 2. They may let an extra person slide but I wouldn't push the matter. They come around near lunch time and drop off menus and ask when you'd like lunch. Pretty simple. 

9 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

What I thought was odd is that the cabana is right on the walkway across from the Magic carpet, not facing the pool and is therefore not private at all. 

The cabanas were never supposed to be a super private space. The opposite setup on Beyond puts you on the pool deck which is also no private at all. Just like the cabanas on S class face the lawn where people may be eating lunch, watching a movie, etc right in front of you. 

20 minutes ago, 20165 said:

thanks

That setup was short lived on the Edge when it first came out. The walkway is now open to anyone, as are the chairs along the glass. Those are not part of the cabana so anyone can use them. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The walkway is now open to anyone, as are the chairs along the glass. Those are not part of the cabana so anyone can use them. 

Thanks for your comments!  However, I saw someone's post on FB about their experience in a cabana in November aboard Apex and they did say their host asked people to move when people tried to sit in the chairs across from the cabana.  So this might be ship/sailing/occupancy dependent.  Maybe Edge doesn't enforce this but Apex does?

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

That setup was short lived on the Edge when it first came out. The walkway is now open to anyone, as are the chairs along the glass. Those are not part of the cabana so anyone can use them. 

Oh darn, that would have been a nice perk, however, we still booked.  In our opinion well worth the $300 to not have to play the pool chair saving games first thing in the morning.  Also, I've paid close to that at land based resorts and they didnt include food or drinks. 

However, i dont think our opinion is that popular because we were able to book the two sea days on our cruise that starts next week which i thought was odd.  Everything else seems to be sold out.

I have been eagerly reading these responses because I have booked a 2-person cabana on Apex for 2 of our sea days. Here are my reasons:

• My dh likes the shade, I like the sun. This way we have a home base for our stuff and no worries about getting up early or saving a spot. We can come and go as we please. We are not expecting privacy. We got a cabin for that. 
  • Personally I like that the cabins face the sea (realize there is no perfect view.)
  • We have an inside cabin so looking forward to something extra special like lunch service.
  • No drink package and I’m the only drinker so the 1 bottle of booze and 6 beers and soda will be enough to keep me happy for 3 days or more, likely.

Anyhow, we will enjoy as we’re pretty happy on vacation and easy to please. I’ll report back after our cruise in mid January to let you know what we thought.

Koohiichan 

On 12/5/2022 at 12:33 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

It's definitely not a dining experience. You just book it through the dining section of the cruise planner. You do get a lunch included with some off menu items like the Luminae burger. You have your own space to hang out all day and an attendant that will be waiting on you. Plenty of videos on YouTube. This menu is from Edge but it's mostly the same, if not identical, on Apex. 

Edge Cabana Experience

Included:

Four Large Bottles of Evian Water Selection of Six Chilled Beers Unlimited Soft Drinks
Fresh Fruit Skewers

Cabana Food Menu Evian Facial Spray Ice Cold Towels

Choice of:

One Bottle of Grey Goose Vodka
One Bottle of Veuve Cliquot Rosé Champagne One Bottle of Grgich Hills Opulence Chardonnay

Cocktails

Between The Lines ...................................................................................................................................................................... 10

Bacardi 8 Rum, Rémy VSOP Cognac, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, Mint, Soda Water, Bitters

Elder Flower Blush...................................................................................................................................................................... 11

Bombay Sapphire Gin, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Sprite, Lemon Juice, Basil, Strawberry

Amsterdam Collins...................................................................................................................................................................... 10

Ketel One Vodka, Apricot Brandy, Lemon Juice, Simple Syrup, Orange Bitters

Blue Note Punch................................................................................................................................................................................ 9

Stoli Blueberi Vodka, Red Bull Blueberry Edition, Simple Syrup, Bitters, Pineapple, Lime Juices

Peychaud’s Paloma......................................................................................................................................................................... 9

Don Julio Blanco Tequila, Peychaud’s Bitters, Lime, Cucumber, Simple Syrup, Grapefruit Soda

Refreshments

Zero Proof
Sparkling Mint Lemonade..................... 5 Watermelon Tropic........................................... 5 Red Bull.......................................................................... 6 Vitamin Water........................................................ 5 Beers
Heineken.........................Draft 7 Bottle 7 Amstel Light .......................................... Bottle 7 Blue Moon................................................................10 Bud Light..................................................................... 6

Budweiser..................................................................... 6 Corona Extra.......................................................... 7 Corona Light ........................................................... 7 Coors Light................................................................. 6 Dos Equis..................................................................... 7 Miller Light ............................................................... 6 New Castle Brown Ale................................. 8 O’doul’s Non-Alcoholic............................... 7 Red Stripe.................................................................... 7 Stella Artois............................................................10

Wines by the Glass
Brut Rosé, Fantinel, Tre Venezie, Italy................................................................................................................................ 9 Prosecco, Fantinel, Tre Venezie, Italy ................................................................................................................................... 9 Pinot Grigio, Corte Giara, Delle Venezie, Italy....................................................................................................... 9 Sauvignon Blanc, Villa Maria, Marlborough, NZ.......................................................................................... 11 Chardonnay, St. Francis, Sonoma....................................................................................................................................... 10 Pinot Noir, Castle Rock, California........................................................................................................................................ 9 Cabernet Sauvignon, Excelsior, South Africa.......................................................................................................... 9 White Zinfandel, Beringer, California.............................................................................................................................. 7 Rosé, Le Bel Olivier, Pays D’oc, France............................................................................................................................8

Edge Cabana Food Menu

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

Herb Croutons, Aged Parmesan

Chilled Shrimp Cocktail

Horseradish Cocktail Sauce

Roasted Turkey BLT Wrap

Roasted Garlic Aioli, Whole Wheat Wrap, French Fries

Luminae Signature Burger*

Cheddar, Bacon-Onion Jam, Sesame Brioche, Truffle Fries

Marinated Chicken Sandwich

Lettuce, Tomato, Grilled Onions, Basil Pesto Aioli

Selection of Fresh Fruits

with Lime Yogurt and Mint

Thank you for posting this I was on my cruise planner and finally found the cabanas but it didn’t have all of this detailed information of what comes with it.

I am assuming I can take the rest of the bottle of vodka back to my cabin after the day is over?  I don’t see us finishing it in one day . or maybe we could but it might not be pretty🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sdnich said:

Thank you for posting this I was on my cruise planner and finally found the cabanas but it didn’t have all of this detailed information of what comes with it.

I am assuming I can take the rest of the bottle of vodka back to my cabin after the day is over?  I don’t see us finishing it in one day . or maybe we could but it might not be pretty🤪

Do you have to wait until you're on the ship to reserve the cabanas? I see them on my planner but it says to call to make a reseravation. on the Apex 12/17-$150 for a small cabana doesn't seem too bad for the entire day.

3 minutes ago, rmeier111278 said:

Do you have to wait until you're on the ship to reserve the cabanas? I see them on my planner but it says to call to make a reseravation. on the Apex 12/17-$150 for a small cabana doesn't seem too bad for the entire day.

We are also on that cruise next week and were able to book one yesterday.  And all days were open so odd that you cant today.  

Our Edge cruise is not till March and I am able to book . I think $150 is a great deal especially since we are doing a cruise only fare .

I also googled and it said there were only six cabanas on the edge does anyone know if that’s correct??

one more edit! Just booked 😁

Edited by sdnich

1 hour ago, rmeier111278 said:

Same cruise as you and still see half cabanas available every day. Are you on the Celebrity website or the app? Reservations can only be made on the website for these.

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

We are also on that cruise next week and were able to book one yesterday.  And all days were open so odd that you cant today.  

Same cruise! Booked half cabana for my wife and me on the first sea day. Looks like all the full size cabanas are booked for that day. It's gonna be bumpin.

Edited by NorthStarStateCruiser

10 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Same cruise! Booked half cabana for my wife and me on the first sea day. Looks like all the full size cabanas are booked for that day. It's gonna be bumpin.

Edited 10 hours ago by NorthStarStateCruiser

Same here, we booked a full for the first sea day. That was only on monday though and all days were open, now only the port days are open.  People must be reading this post and grabbing them up...

On 12/7/2022 at 9:17 PM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Same cruise as you and still see half cabanas available every day. Are you on the Celebrity website or the app? Reservations can only be made on the website for these.

Thanks! I found the reservation section to book. But after looking at the photos of the cabanas it looks like its just a seating area? No loungers?