Beyond: Recent Le Voyage Menu

FourNines

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Thanks for posting that.  Do they allow you extras apps or entrees with that cover charge?

They sure do.

We created our own "Tasting Menu": three appetizers before our mains. It was perfect.

17 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Tell me more... 😊

I have Le Voyage booked but when I look at this menu I'm a bit leery. What made it special and worth the price for you? 

Thanks,

Patty 

What concerns you?  It looks interesting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What concerns you?  It looks interesting.

I think that's it! 😛

I decided to book because I really want to enjoy new experiences... But this one might be too "interesting" 

Not real familiar with french dining. 

Hoping to get more feedback on the dishes and service, 

Patty 

1 hour ago, MamaChach said:

So the cover charge covers the items on the menu above?  I know you pay extra for alcohol.  On my cruise planner I can only book the cover charge - not the chef's table or the tasting menu.

The tasting menu is $125 pp and the dinner menu is $75 pp plus the 18% gratuity.  

1 hour ago, cw2go said:

I decided to book because I really want to enjoy new experiences... But this one might be too "interesting" 

Not real familiar with french dining. 

The food isn’t really french, it’s a mix. My amuse last week on my cruise was a middle eastern dip. I had a peanut shrimp appetizer with a thai green curry sauce and had a lobster risotto for my main. I enjoyed it and thought it was worth it. I booked the standard 3 course meal but they let me order 2 apps so I had the amuse, 2 apps, main, dessert and they also brought petit fours and a little basket of beignets with dessert.

Forgot they also give you a complimentary glass of champagne. They gave me vueve yellow label but I saw some other guests got Moët.

Edited by wilycoyote76
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, wilycoyote76 said:

The food isn’t really french, it’s a mix. My amuse last week on my cruise was a middle eastern dip. I had a peanut shrimp appetizer with a thai green curry sauce and had a lobster risotto for my main. I enjoyed it and thought it was worth it. I booked the standard 3 course meal but they let me order 2 apps so I had the amuse, 2 apps, main, dessert and they also brought petit fours and a little basket of beignets with dessert.

Thank you!

My DH who is a boring meat and potatoes guy say's "Let's Just Roll With It" 

Looking forward to being back on board and trying to squeeze it all in, just hope I can squeeze into my pants end of cruise 😁

Patty

Edited by cw2go

Just now, cw2go said:

Thank you!

Patty

I like steak and potatoes as much as the next guy but I like a little variety once in a while.   I have two dinners booked in May.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cw2go said:

Thank you!

Patty

No problem, they did have a filet on my menu and I’m sure you can get the fancy sauce on the side. The atmosphere is quieter and there are 2 sets of doors so you feel separated from the rest of the ship.

• Like 1

Just now, zitsky said:

I like steak and potatoes as much as the next guy but I like a little variety once in a while.   I have two dinners booked in May.

I did look at some online videos, looks like work of art. Hope you have a wonderful cruise! 

Interesting, the menu in the app is slightly different than the menu in the photos above but since the photos were only taken a few days ago I think they are more authoritative. I booked Le Voyage twice for my January cruise but may cancel one. I also booked Eden twice.  Glad I did as both are now showing sold out in the cruise planner.

I agree with the OP.  We were on the 13th November 2022 sailing & ate here for 1 night.  It was the best meal on board by a country mile & one the best meals I've had anywhere for a long time. 

The service was top notch.  Our server was called Joe & could not have been more attentive & professional.  We did the 3 courses which we thoroughly enjoyed.  In my opinion the food was not too 'out there' and very approachable.  3 of us had the steak and all agreed it was one of the best steaks we've had.  The atmosphere was nice & relaxed; I really can't say enough good things about this place.  We tried to book another night; it was that good.  Unfortunately it was fully booked out for the rest of our trip.  I only wish the Luminae was as good as this restaurant!  We had a few issues in there with service & occasional sub par food which we found a little disappointing.

3 hours ago, MamaChach said:

So the cover charge covers the items on the menu above?  I know you pay extra for alcohol.  On my cruise planner I can only book the cover charge - not the chef's table or the tasting menu.

It does.

Chef's Table must be arranged with the Maitre'D once onboard. From what I saw, it was limited to six diners per evening. $139.00 pp on our cruise

For the Tasting Menu, you can decide once seated. $125.00 PP on our cruise.

3 hours ago, cw2go said:

Tell me more... 😊

I have Le Voyage booked but when I look at this menu I'm a bit leery. What made it special and worth the price for you? 

Patty,

For us, the level of detail in presentation along with the combination of flavors really made this meal standout. The service was also amazing.

I was a bit apprehensive when ordering the duck. Chinese 5 spice can overpower any meat, but in this particular case, it was a truly nice balance that let the duck breast shine through. The puff pastry was light and airy. Spectacular dish!

If your husband is a meat and potatoes type of person, that Prime Filet with the black truffle sauce would fit the bill nicely.

The risotto was the best we have had in a long time.

I believe you cannot go wrong here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FourNines said:

Patty,

For us, the level of detail in presentation along with the combination of flavors really made this meal standout. The service was also amazing.

I was a bit apprehensive when ordering the duck. Chinese 5 spice can overpower any meat, but in this particular case, it was a truly nice balance that let the duck breast shine through. The puff pastry was light and airy. Spectacular dish!

If your husband is a meat and potatoes type of person, that Prime Filet with the black truffle sauce would fit the bill nicely.

The risotto was the best we have had in a long time.

I believe you cannot go wrong here.

Thank you for your response. My DH will most definitely have the steak! 

If by chance you've ever watched Everybody Loves Raymond... All I can think of is the episode with the "Butter Density" conversation between Debra and Ray while enjoying an anniversary dinner out.

Yep that will be us 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Thank you for your response. My DH will most definitely have the steak! 

If by chance you've ever watched Everybody Loves Raymond... All I can think of is the episode with the "Butter Density" conversation between Debra and Ray while enjoying an anniversary dinner out.

Yep that will be us 😂

You'll be talking about that butter for years after your cruise. IT"S THAT GOOD.

By the way, your DW can't be too boring when he tells you "Let's just roll with it" 😎

Edited by FourNines
  • Like 1