HIA and Shore Excursions?

doone

29 minutes ago, doone said:

I am booked on the Rotterdam for March with the HIA program.  I have $$ towards shore excursions, how do I book an excursion using that $$?

Thanks in advance.

Just go to manage your bookings on the HAL site, choose shore excursions and the shore excursion you want.  

When you get to the buy stage - you will see complimentary - just click the box and your HIA is applied to the cost and will be reflected in your cart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@kazu has the system always used up all HIA credits? For example, DW and I have $200 each in excursion credit. Today we book an excursion valued at $150. Does the $50 leftover stick around and go against another excursion I might book next week? Or should I book a number of excursions with the total being over $200, and just pay the overage with my credit card?

1 hour ago, julia said:

@CruiserBruce   Any leftover credit will be applied to another excursion.  We had $300 each, and after two excursions had $39 each leftover.  I booked a third, the credit applied, and the rest was charged to my credit card.

Exactly Julia.  I discovered that if one tour is under $100 and another over $100, it is best to book the cheaper one first so that the excess can be credited to the more expensive one 😉 

• Like 2

Credit balances decline as you us them and its use them or lose them. They also are individual credits so another suggestion (which may be obvious to some but maybe not) is if you and partner do different excursions, but there are some that only 1 person needs to book but good for 2 or more guests, decide whose credit to book under. I usually do more active excursions and DW is happy to get off ship and walk in town. We booked a clam shell in HMC using her credit so I had more to use for other excursions. There are other examples or multi person excursions so plan ahead to maximize credit. We were able to use all credits and not have any left over (or spend extra) on a recent cruise. (We usually book private tours or do self tours but since we had credits, we found things to do with HAL). 

• Like 1