Main Dining room

frankh1969

25 minutes ago, frankh1969 said:

Has anyone had luck booking reservations in the main dining room? When do they start accepting reservations? We are on March 5th cruise.

The rule (policy) is that if you are Elite or Platinum, you can book in DMW as soon as you have a booking with a deposit applied.  All other guests must wait until they have made Final Payment for their voyages (unless booked in a Suite or Club Class, in which case all they need is Specialty Dining access).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The rule (policy) is that if you are Elite or Platinum, you can book in DMW as soon as you have a booking with a deposit applied.  All other guests must wait until they have made Final Payment for their voyages (unless booked in a Suite or Club Class, in which case all they need is Specialty Dining access).

As I have mentioned many times to Steelers36s comment above, we board our 2nd Princess cruise on March 12th and we made our dining reservations months ago, both for MDR and specialty. We are not elite or platinum and only last week made our final payment. Yet, we have already made all of our reservations, both dining and excursions. And our traveling companions, also not elite or platinum, have made theirs as well. 

It appears to be a myth that people must have loyalty status to make reservations early. 

9 minutes ago, SantaFeFan said:

As I have mentioned many times to Steelers36s comment above, we board our 2nd Princess cruise on March 12th and we made our dining reservations months ago, both for MDR and specialty. We are not elite or platinum and only last week made our final payment. Yet, we have already made all of our reservations, both dining and excursions. And our traveling companions, also not elite or platinum, have made theirs as well. 

It appears to be a myth that people must have loyalty status to make reservations early. 

The way @Steelers36 describes it is the way the program is intended to work- it could be a programming issue that allows some people who aren’t Elite or paid in full to gain early access or it could be that your TA has booked you into one of their various group bookings. Some group bookings get immediate access to dining reservations as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SantaFeFan said:

Thanks.  I did mean to add a sentence that notwithstanding the aforementioned, there are at least some cases where guests without the required CC Member Level have been able to book dining reservations in ahead of their FP Date.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks.  I did mean to add a sentence that notwithstanding the aforementioned, there are at least some cases where guests without the required CC Member Level have been able to book dining reservations in ahead of their FP Date.

Thanks. I don't know if I was lucky or this is the new normal, but I am happy it happened. Made booking dining times so easy with the app. 

21 hours ago, SantaFeFan said:

We just booked our 27 March 2024 cruise on the Enchanted. First Princess cruise since 2010. Some new changes. I also was able to set up our dining reservations (dining room and time for the entire cruise) for the MDR with the Ocean Ready group.  Not elite or staying in a suite. Now I'll download the app.