Cabin door decorations for Christmas cruise

firstbadger

we were on the gem in nov and many cabins had door decorations. i cant see why that would present a problem for ncl, especially if they are holiday decorations. 

i dont think either scrooge or the grinch is sailing anytime soon.

so, bon voyage and have a happy holiday sailing

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, firstbadger said:

I've read NCL no longer allows anyone to decorate their doors.  True?  Anyone been a ship recently where this was strictly enforced?

Headed on cruise during Christmas.  Worth parking a few small items to decorate door or don't bother?  

Hubby on NCL Epic leaving Lisbon Portugal today and he was told to take a non-sticky peel and stick smilie face off the door.

20170514_103005 (2).jpg

On 12/7/2022 at 9:27 PM, KruzingGal said:

Hubby on NCL Epic leaving Lisbon Portugal today and he was told to take a non-sticky peel and stick smilie face off the door.

20170514_103005 (2).jpg

Whoa, that's outrageous! Your husband's sticky makes me feel happy (waitaminute, that didn't sound right)! Now, I'm going to search out a huge happy face for our cabin. We always put up one of those whiteboards for messages (like we had in college back in the 20th Century) and it sounds like that might be verboten too. Grrrrr...😡

Hmmm, I wonder if they'd dare order us to remove Cruise Critic signs. Or is there any sort of decorative NCL stockholders thing (my Beloved had this hunch and dumped a few bucks in)? 🤔

Anyway, bah humbug, NCL! 👎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/7/2022 at 6:21 PM, complawyer said:

we were on the gem in nov and many cabins had door decorations. i cant see why that would present a problem for ncl, especially if they are holiday decorations. 

i dont think either scrooge or the grinch is sailing anytime soon.

so, bon voyage and have a happy holiday sailing

Think about.... for one it's not your property to decorate. It's probably also considered some sort of fire hazard.....Call me a Grinch Lol

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, blitheone said:

Whoa, that's outrageous! Your husband's sticky makes me feel happy (waitaminute, that didn't sound right)! Now, I'm going to search out a huge happy face for our cabin. We always put up one of those whiteboards for messages (like we had in college back in the 20th Century) and it sounds like that might be verboten too. Grrrrr...😡

Hmmm, I wonder if they'd dare order us to remove Cruise Critic signs. Or is there any sort of decorative NCL stockholders thing (my Beloved had this hunch and dumped a few bucks in)? 🤔

Anyway, bah humbug, NCL! 👎

Ohmysweetlord, I just re-read this and boy, do I sound like a privileged prissy be-atch! 🙄 No doubt it's the lowest paid folks who, due to no fault of their own, are instructed to enforce the rules and I can't grrrr at them. 

So, this is yet another reason to attend our Meets'n'Greets. Senior staff will be there and questions will be asked and gentle grrrrrrr-ing given, if necessary 🙂

Btw, Ho Ho and Happy Holiday of Your Choice! 🎄🕎

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 10:51 AM, Laszlo said:

Think about.... for one it's not your property to decorate. It's probably also considered some sort of fire hazard.....Call me a Grinch Lol

The cruise line sells decorations for your cabin for special events... ISN'T THAT A FIRE HAZARD TOO?!?!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KruzingGal said:

The cruise line sells decorations for your cabin for special events..

Inside your cabin, not on the door.

Why is decorating doors so blinking important? I can understand decorating the inside of your cabin, but is it really important to declare your taste and creativity to people merely passing in the corridor?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Why is decorating doors so blinking important? I can understand decorating the inside of your cabin, but is it really important to declare your taste and creativity to people merely passing in the corridor?

LOL 😆 😅 🤣   its not but if any kind if decoration is flamable outside your xabin then it is also flamable inside your cabin

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Who in the flaming leapfrog cares. IF the cruise line allows it, then decorate away! Throw up a wicked witch, a cute little puppy, maybe my Christmas Hippo, or that anniversary note. 

I don't decorate my door, because I don't want to. But, lord have mercy, I'll support anyone's right to decorate their door...if it's within the rules of the ship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

hey good buddy cruiseny4life.

what the h**l is a flaming leapfrog? where can i get one, and can i decorate the inside of my cabin with it? (lol)!

Just one of my exclamations when I'm exasperated by...uhh silliness. I'm not really sure if I can swear on CC, so flaming leapfrogs it is! If I ever run across one, I'll let you know for the inside of your cabin! Probably make for good mood lighting you know. 🙂 

15 hours ago, kochleffel said:

It sure makes your door easier to find when it’s late and you are very tired or tipsy.

• Like 2

I like seeing doors decorated on cruises.  I do remember that when NCL was posting about door decorations not being allowed they wrote that it could be a fire hazard.

As many of you know, I cruise with my dad.  He has been diagnosed with early stage Alzheimer’s/dementia.  I have been doing a lot of reading and research to support him and to continue traveling with him.  One of the recommendations for cruises is to put a photo of the person on their cabin door or to put photos of familiar items from home on the outside of the cabin door.  This can (apparently) reduce disorientation. I wonder if NCL would consider this.  (I haven’t needed to do this yet.)

• Like 3