Vista maiden voyage moved up a week.

shepherd really

So let me get this straight:

Oceania cancelled our maiden voyage cruise under the guise she wasn’t going to be ready.

‘Oceania now offers a new maiden voyage (the price will be interesting) and does not offer it to those they cancelled.

‘’Unbelievable. Wonderful customer relations.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robjame said:

So let me get this straight:

Oceania cancelled our maiden voyage cruise under the guise she wasn’t going to be ready.

‘Oceania now offers a new maiden voyage (the price will be interesting) and does not offer it to those they cancelled.

‘’Unbelievable. Wonderful customer relations.

Hey, if FDR wants the owner's suite on the maiden voyage, he can make it happen.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

The Christening Voyage (friends and Family} is Rome to Rome May 6 to 13 with the Christening in Malta..

Jan you will never find a post of mine criticizing anything on the ships but their business practices stink.

To cancel cruises of those who booked the Maiden Voyage and then offer a new maiden voyage is unbelievable. Price will be interesting….

5 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Jan you will never find a post of mine criticizing anything on the ships but their business practices stink.

To cancel cruises of those who booked the Maiden Voyage and then offer a new maiden voyage is unbelievable. Price will be interesting….

Don't ignore the time-frame before starting a conspiracy theory.  With supply chain issues being what they are, it is completely believable that Oceania was told the ship wouldn't be ready for your cruise – so they cancelled it.  Now ports are suddenly no longer backed up and shipyards have their personnel back working, so the ship got done faster than the prior schedule.  This is not a grand conspiracy to cheat you! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This is not a grand conspiracy to cheat you! 

No conspiracy just deplorable business practices.

‘They had the original bookings. The ship is empty. Good business would be to offer the cruise cabins to those who originally booked them at the price originally accepted. It doesn’t take a million dollar CEO to figure this out.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Don't ignore the time-frame before starting a conspiracy theory.  With supply chain issues being what they are, it is completely believable that Oceania was told the ship wouldn't be ready for your cruise – so they cancelled it.  Now ports are suddenly no longer backed up and shipyards have their personnel back working, so the ship got done faster than the prior schedule.  This is not a grand conspiracy to cheat you! 

So, the shipyards are moving right along but they indefinitely postponed the Marina ONext refurb?   Very interesting when you put those two facts side by side.

Edited by shepherd really
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

So, the shipyards are moving right along but they indefinitely postponed the Marina ONext refurb?   Very interesting when you put those two facts side by side.

Thanks for proving my point:  it's an unpredictable situation.

I ordered t-shirts from Lands End in July 2021 and finally received them in November 2022.  Should I blame Lands End?  For the worldwide situation over the last few years?  Everybody is doing the best they can, based on the little information they have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

With supply chain issues being what they are, it is completely believable that Oceania was told the ship wouldn't be ready for your cruise – so they cancelled it.  Now ports are suddenly no longer backed up and shipyards have their personnel back working, so the ship got done faster than the prior schedule.  This is not a grand conspiracy to cheat you! 

I agree with everything you say. However the issue is NOT the circumstances. The issue is how they (didn’t) handle it. One would have to be a complete sycophant for Oceania corporate to even suggest that this has been handled in a customer-oriented way.
How about an alert to all those booked in the first 3 cancelled cruises telling them of the added new Maiden Voyage?

I can love my Ford F 150 without being completely in bed with Ford Motor Company’s questionable business decisions.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Robjame said:

I agree with everything you say. However the issue is NOT the circumstances. The issue is how they (didn’t) handle it. One would have to be a complete sycophant for Oceania corporate to even suggest that this has been handled in a customer-oriented way.
How about an alert to all those booked in the first 3 cancelled cruises telling them of the added new Maiden Voyage?

I can love my Ford F 150 without being completely in bed with Ford Motor Company’s questionable business decisions.

I completely agree with you and will tell them so..

Jancruz1

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Am interested in this cruise.  We have been on four other Oceania cruises.  Really enjoy them.  Our other cruises were all out of Miami.  Question--what are the airline trips like if you select O Life for trips out of Europe?  We live in Atlanta, so should we expect non stop flights?  Don't want to go thru Iceland or Toronto.  I guess they now book you in premium coach?  Would appreciate any comments on air.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, zteamtwo said:

Am interested in this cruise.  We have been on four other Oceania cruises.  Really enjoy them.  Our other cruises were all out of Miami.  Question--what are the airline trips like if you select O Life for trips out of Europe?  We live in Atlanta, so should we expect non stop flights?  Don't want to go thru Iceland or Toronto.  I guess they now book you in premium coach?  Would appreciate any comments on air.  Thanks.

Not sure  what O Life trips  you are referring to  so maybe you can clarify??

If you want a specific route   then pay the deviation fee & choose your flights 

do fly in a day or so early

If you want Premium Economy  it is extra $

JMO

I am sure you mean the added Vista Cruise.

Use a TA and put her to work. You are within the timing of O telling you what the flight would be.

As Lynn says if you want to fly in early or late it will cost $. Premium Economy is offered for this cruise but will cost you. Tell TA you want direct. 

‘In the meantime see what you can do for yourself in arranging flights and compare the price.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 4:35 PM, shepherd really said:

Just checked this so "Founders Cruise" and there is availability in all but the top two and bottom two categories.  

The prices are reasonable as well.  Is a Founders Cruise a bit of bedlam?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

It is a lovely itinerary, and w/o airfare, a PH is less than $10k.

I priced out premium economy air from CLT, it's about $1265 per person right now booked from the airline.  Oceania wants $500 each way per person on top of their economy fare.  Plus, their deviation fees since there is no way I'm flying to Italy same day as embarkation.

That's not just insane, it's simply impossible and you get to pay a premium for the privilege of stressing yourself out going with O air..

Edited by shepherd really
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

I priced out premium economy air from CLT, it's about $1265 per person right now booked from the airline.  Oceania wants $500 each way per person on top of their economy fare.  Plus, their deviation fees since there is no way I'm flying to Italy same day as embarkation.

That's not just insane, it's simply impossible and you get to pay a premium for the privilege of stressing yourself out going with O air..

I priced it out w/air as well, not because I'd do air thru O but just to see the cost to compare.  If we do this cruise, or the other 7 day we are looking at on Riviera, we'd be going in 3-4 days early and staying after for another 3-4 days, so air on our own is not only much easier but also much more feasible.  Good luck however you decide!

• Like 1