Captains Circle

slug33ukuk

4 minutes ago, slug33ukuk said:

We have 3 days left before we become "elite"  members,, we are on a cruise (North Cape) 14 days in June 2023.....anyone know if we will be given ELITE status after those 3 days? or wait until next cruise?

Sorry, you’ll have to wait until the cruise ends before they will upgrade you to the next level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slug33ukuk said:

We have 3 days left before we become "elite"  members,, we are on a cruise (North Cape) 14 days in June 2023.....anyone know if we will be given ELITE status after those 3 days? or wait until next cruise?

See if there’s a short cruise b2b before your 14 day.  It does state if you become eligible during a cruise, that your next level will start on the following cruise.

4 hours ago, slug33ukuk said:

There are a few exceptions I just learned regarding the policy of granting tier progression while ON your cruise. 

I just completed the Transpacific sailing of the Majestic, LA to SYD, Sept 24, 2022 sailing. I met a couple who was waiting to talk to the Loyalty and Events Manager who mentioned to me they were told they would be granted ‘Elite’ benefits this cruise as they would hit 151 days on day 2 of this sailing. I shared my understating was you normally have to wait till your ‘days’ are posted to your account when you complete the current sailing.

Surprisingly, the Loyalty Manager confirmed, yes they would receive the promotion to ‘elite’ this cruise. The exception is Princess will grant the promotion on your current sailing, if you will reach your next tier within the first few days of a ‘long’ sailing. I do not know the parameters of ‘first few days’ and what Princess determines as a ‘long’ sailing.

My sailing was 25 days.

12 minutes ago, wallyj said:

There are a few exceptions I just learned regarding the policy of granting tier progression while ON your cruise. 

I just completed the Transpacific sailing of the Majestic, LA to SYD, Sept 24, 2022 sailing. I met a couple who was waiting to talk to the Loyalty and Events Manager who mentioned to me they were told they would be granted ‘Elite’ benefits this cruise as they would hit 151 days on day 2 of this sailing. I shared my understating was you normally have to wait till your ‘days’ are posted to your account when you complete the current sailing.

Surprisingly, the Loyalty Manager confirmed, yes they would receive the promotion to ‘elite’ this cruise. The exception is Princess will grant the promotion on your current sailing, if you will reach your next tier within the first few days of a ‘long’ sailing. I do not know the parameters of ‘first few days’ and what Princess determines as a ‘long’ sailing.

My sailing was 25 days.

You are correct. The Loyalty desk may have some pull in this.  If it were me, I would ask OB.