HAL & Bananas?

aardvark2300

5 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

In the old days, we had to enter the holds to take CO2 readings and take the bananas temperature, so for the first few days, you always armed yourself with a CO2 fire extinguisher, to gas the Banana Spiders (up to about 2" long body), that would be congregated at the door, trying to escape the cold.  Nasty.

Its the "deadly tarantulas" you gotta watch for...

We grew bananas and plantains when I was a kid.  Yes, they do have tarantulas but many tarantulas are not poisonous.   Worse were the rats and the snakes that eat the rats.  Rats love bananas.  Needless to say, I am not a big fan.  

51 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I thought it was banana overload, because several of the desserts/breads had bananas too.  Seemed like they were trying to use them up.

I'm glad they're using them up, too. One of my favourite new desserts from our last cruise was a banana crisp (and ice cream). I had never considered using bananas in a crisp, and the result fantastic. The bananas on the bottom of the dessert were crispy, almost like a caramel, and the bits on top were tasty. 

• Like 1