Upgrading Internet pricing?

lvmypug

I know it says voucher but aren't WiFi upgrades purchased through your Cruise Planner just automatically done without requiring a physical visit to anywhere? That is how we upgraded our basic wifi package for our Constellation cruise last month.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

The plot thickens...My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is all $9.99/FULL SAILING vouchers will NOT be honored as it appears they converted all the vouchers from ORDERS to RESERVATIONS.  Again, this is still my WAG, based on others calling the call center being told they have premium, they do and will be charged $9.99/night

Anyone is welcome to check out the voucher in the wifi packages of your cruise planner and let us know if yours says RESERVED.  If this is correct, then it's you and your screenshots vs the iLounge crew who probably won't honor the price with a screen

Previously, I added the voucher to my cart, checked out and my credit card was charged $9.99...Now when I go into my cruise planner, select wifi, I see the voucher which says RESERVED

image.png.a88ae5abf944d30f2e3386eead5707bd.png

When you click on it, you'll see this:

image.png.66086a228c636ba70616c083114b3171.png

21 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The plot thickens...My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is all $9.99/FULL SAILING vouchers will NOT be honored as it appears they converted all the vouchers from ORDERS to RESERVATIONS.  Again, this is still my WAG, based on others calling the call center being told they have premium, they do and will be charged $9.99/night

Anyone is welcome to check out the voucher in the wifi packages of your cruise planner and let us know if yours says RESERVED.  If this is correct, then it's you and your screenshots vs the iLounge crew who probably won't honor the price with a screen

Previously, I added the voucher to my cart, checked out and my credit card was charged $9.99...Now when I go into my cruise planner, select wifi, I see the voucher which says RESERVED

image.png.a88ae5abf944d30f2e3386eead5707bd.png

When you click on it, you'll see this:

image.png.66086a228c636ba70616c083114b3171.png

My cruise planner says RESERVED for the Premium WiFi Upgrade, just like it says for my excursions.  Those are RESERVED and paid for.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

We have our first confirmation from someone who paid $9.99 and is currently on board. 

Yes, I saw that.  Very nice.  And no voucher or trip to the iLounge necessary--it's automatic.

Now I want to call and get my Captains Club discount for upgrading.  Not really.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Again, this is still my WAG, based on others calling the call center being told they have premium, they do and will be charged $9.99/night

Based on what? What can you reserve in the cruise planner and not be charged for until after you board? Everything I’ve purchased in the cruise planner is fully paid for at that time and flagged as “reserved”, including the $9.99 wifi upgrade. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Yes, I saw that.  Very nice.  And no voucher or trip to the iLounge necessary--it's automatic.

Now I want to call and get my Captains Club discount for upgrading.  Not really.

I had previously paid for wifi upgrade for myself as wife doesn't stream, using non-refundable OBC.  With the 9.99 offer, I was afraid to cancel my Elite+ discount and book it not knowing the consequences, so I just booked it for my wife, for 9.99.

17 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I had previously paid for wifi upgrade for myself as wife doesn't stream, using non-refundable OBC.  With the 9.99 offer, I was afraid to cancel my Elite+ discount and book it not knowing the consequences, so I just booked it for my wife, for 9.99.

Smart move

14 hours ago, RichYak said:

My understanding is that @Wineaux007 confirmed their wifi plan as premium without discussing price. There was a IT mistake that allowed us to upgrade from standard to premium wifi for a flat $9.99 regardless of length of sailing. This has since been corrected.

And I also did the exact same thing a little over a week ago. Got the same answer as @Wineaux007

We just boarded the millenium and can confirm that our upgraded internet voucher works! When we first connected to the internet we had the option to choose streaming for no additional charge for the full length of our cruise 🙌🏼

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Doubters still gonna find a way to doubt. 

I am just sorry that the Wifi upgrade for 2 of our other cruises was not available for purchase in my Cruise Planner at the time.  Of course, they just became available now and without the error.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Doubters still gonna find a way to doubt. 

It was kind of crazy...some people really wanted to tell us this wouldn't work. We all knew it was a "gamble", and we all felt it was worth $10 to take that gamble. So why the "doubters" who just insisted on telling us we would fail? It's like they took delight in telling us that.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, alyssamma said:

It was kind of crazy...some people really wanted to tell us this wouldn't work. We all knew it was a "gamble", and we all felt it was worth $10 to take that gamble. So why the "doubters" who just insisted on telling us we would fail? It's like they took delight in telling us that.

It’s ok. They’ve all predictably gone silent now. 

• Haha 1