Upgrading Internet pricing?

lvmypug

41 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

You called a second time? 🙂

Lol, yes because I didn't trust the first answer I got. She said I had premium, but it was after I asked if she could see my upgrade. This time I just asked what type of internet I had.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, loecki1976 said:

Please start at your own thingking, as there is clearly confirmed in my booking:

Premium Wi-Fi Upgrade Voucher 

Full Sailing - 7 Days

So for me, I got a cheap upgrade and wont accept anything less. If it is a mistake / error fare => easy way to give me complimentary 6 additional days, as confirmed in my booking.

Conclusion:

'If it seems too good to be true, it's probably not true.'

Yes, or they made a mistake and have to deal with it...🙂

I am sure you realize doing a cut and paste does not make the result of your effort true.  “From” might be a clue.

Edited by jagoffee

8 hours ago, loecki1976 said:

Please start at your own thingking, as there is clearly confirmed in my booking:

Premium Wi-Fi Upgrade Voucher 

Full Sailing - 7 Days

So for me, I got a cheap upgrade and wont accept anything less. If it is a mistake / error fare => easy way to give me complimentary 6 additional days, as confirmed in my booking.

Conclusion:

'If it seems too good to be true, it's probably not true.'

Yes, or they made a mistake and have to deal with it...🙂

Is that the complete description?  Good luck is all I can say. 

Thanks to @alyssamma for originally alerting us to the wifi upgrade pricing mistake and confirming with phone reps that the full-sailing upgrade was already reflected in their booking. Congrats to everyone that got in on this prior to X fixing the issue. This will save us over $200 on our 12 day cruise next August.

• Like 2

I booked the upgrade for one of us on our next sailing.  Took a screen shot and the wording when booking said “per package” and we were just charged for $13.62.  Today I thought I would see what the pricing was like.  Very similar rate (booked in Canadian so slight exchange difference) but the wording now reads per day and is charged for 10 days at the daily rate and would cost $137.00.   Much different wording so really hope they allow us our per package deal. 

snow bunny

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, snow bunny said:

I booked the upgrade for one of us on our next sailing.  Took a screen shot and the wording when booking said “per package” and we were just charged for $13.62.  Today I thought I would see what the pricing was like.  Very similar rate (booked in Canadian so slight exchange difference) but the wording now reads per day and is charged for 10 days at the daily rate and would cost $137.00.   Much different wording so really hope they allow us our per package deal. 

snow bunny

Same here.  Hopefully they will grandfather us who chose "per package" option.  I think they are going to have to eat their IT screw up.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Same here.  Hopefully they will grandfather us who chose "per package" option.  I think they are going to have to eat their IT screw up.  

They may be very distracted with bigger problems:

On 12/12/2022 at 7:42 PM, RichYak said:

Thanks to @alyssamma for originally alerting us to the wifi upgrade pricing mistake and confirming with phone reps that the full-sailing upgrade was already reflected in their booking. Congrats to everyone that got in on this prior to X fixing the issue. This will save us over $200 on our 12 day cruise next August.

I called the Captain's Club on a completely different issue, then I asked to check my 3 upcoming bookings.  She confirmed that I have the Premium Wifi Upgrade on all my sailings (for $9.99pp).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I called the Captain's Club on a completely different issue, then I asked to check my 3 upcoming bookings.  She confirmed that I have the Premium Wifi Upgrade on all my sailings (for $9.99pp).

Great news! Another confirmation data point. 

4 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Are you sure that you are not taking a little liberty with what see confirmed?  She actually said for $9.99 per person?

37 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Are you sure that you are not taking a little liberty with what see confirmed?  She actually said for $9.99 per person?

Or did she mean $9.99 per person per day.    The details of the offer will probably prevail and not the one line up front typo. JMHO

On 12/10/2022 at 11:44 AM, jagoffee said:

It seems clear to me.  The from $9.99 (33% off the regular $15) reflects one day for one person.  If you paid $20 for a voucher it would be for two people for one day.  Did you receive a voucher (via e mail) after you made the purchase?  The cost would be $170 a person for the 17 days.  Do you really think Celebrity is offering a discount of 94% off?  Why would they do that?

Why? In my experience on Reflection, the Premium Internet was a waste of money.

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

9 hours ago, retird said:

Or did she mean $9.99 per person per day.    The details of the offer will probably prevail and not the one line up front typo. JMHO

My understanding is that @Wineaux007 confirmed their wifi plan as premium without discussing price. There was a IT mistake that allowed us to upgrade from standard to premium wifi for a flat $9.99 regardless of length of sailing. This has since been corrected.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

My understanding is that @Wineaux007 confirmed their wifi plan as premium without discussing price. There was a IT mistake that allowed us to upgrade from standard to premium wifi for a flat $9.99 regardless of length of sailing. This has since been corrected.

Correct.  I never mentioned price when I asked about what packages I had.  I was told I had the all inclusive with the premium wifi upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Correct.  I never mentioned price when I asked about what packages I had.  I was told I had the all inclusive with the premium wifi upgrade.

So you didnt find out whether your upgrade was $9.99 for complete cruise or $9.99 per day then?

18 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

3 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Thank you for the clarification.

it will be interested when the first of you that believe you purchase a package for the whole cruise in spite of the statement of per day per person.  

You just might win the argument.  Hopefully someone will come back and report, then others will  be more confident.  

i would have thought if Celebrity thinks you have a valid argument (in spite of the some of the terms)  that they would have cancelled your voucher and issued a refund on the original form of payment.  

Anyone that  that just  paid $9.99 for a voucher currently on a cruise or has one scheduled soon? 

Convincing some people on CC will not have any impact on what actually happens.  

Best of luck to all of you.

1 hour ago, retird said:

So you didnt find out whether your upgrade was $9.99 for complete cruise or $9.99 per day then?

There was no need to inquire about the price. It's already been paid for and the wifi is already showing as upgraded to premium by customer service. Two weeks ago, the website was selling the full cruise upgrade package for only $9.99.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Anyone that  that just  paid $9.99 for a voucher currently on a cruise or has one scheduled soon? 

Someone posted in this or another similar thread that they are sailing on 12/24 and will report back. Then you'll have the proof you're looking for. Personally, I've already seen enough that I'm convinced. And in a land of skeptics, I could be king.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

There was no need to inquire about the price. It's already been paid for and the wifi is already showing as upgraded to premium by customer service. Two weeks ago, the website was selling the full cruise upgrade package for only $9.99.

This.  I purchased it for all my cruises but realized I should have purchased two per cruise

• Like 1

3 hours ago, retird said:

I was just told I had the Premium Upgraded Wifi.  I can only assume that it is for the entire cruise.  When I purchased and went to check out, it didn't ask me which day or how many days I wanted.  They goofed up, and when you go back into the cruise planner, they fixed their error.  They're just going to have to eat it.

Now, when I go into the cruise planner and select the 9.99 upgrade, and I go to check out, it charged me for the full 11 days, $109.89.  Before, I was only charged 9.99 for  each person - 19.98 for the both of us.  

Edited by Wineaux007
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I was just told I had the Premium Upgraded Wifi.  I can only assume that it is for the entire cruise.  When I purchased and went to check out, it didn't ask me which day or how many days I wanted.  They goofed up, and when you go back into the cruise planner, they fixed their error.  They're just going to have to eat it.

Now, when I go into the cruise planner and select the 9.99 upgrade, and I go to check out, it charged me for the full 11 days, $109.89.  Before, I was only charged 9.99 for  each person - 19.98 for the both of us.  

100% agree.  If you purchased the non-cyber money premium internet you simply login when on board and you automatically have premium; no action required to convert from basic to premium

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

100% agree.  If you purchased the non-cyber money premium internet you simply login when on board and you automatically have premium; no action required to convert from basic to premium

That doesn’t sound like a voucher to me.  I thought it said you had to go to the Internet Cafe to use this particular voucher.

22 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

That doesn’t sound like a voucher to me.  I thought it said you had to go to the Internet Cafe to use this particular voucher.

You're right, however this is X, wouldn't shock me if that's wrong and once on board you simply get premium once you're signed on since the call center claims folks have premium

image.thumb.png.394a0af145ea9b99cb16857c1fb3c692.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf