Considering the non alcohol pkg this time....Thoughts ???

zdad59

We usually get the classic or premium pkg.    For our upcoming 7 day cruise in February, we are considering getting the Classic Non Alcohol Pkg.    It includes specialty coffees, sodas, non premium waters, and non alcoholic drinks.    May have a drink at dinner but would pay individually for it.   

CURIOUS ABOUT....

• For those that do like a drink but have done the non alcohol pkg, what besides coffee, soda, and water do you order?
  • Have you found it to be worth it?    There is a $48pp/pd difference in price (plus gratuity).   Thats 4-5 drinks a day each or $672 for the week total for 2.   
  • Did it really change your style on the trip?

Appreciate any thoughts and insights.

I gave up alcohol years ago, but always get the non alcohol package, soft drink mainly the odd coffee a mocktail or two, but really you need to do th3 sums. Next question you need to consider is if you will drink enough alcoholic drinks to justify the package.

2 hours ago, zdad59 said:

We usually get the classic or premium pkg.    For our upcoming 7 day cruise in February, we are considering getting the Classic Non Alcohol Pkg.    It includes specialty coffees, sodas, non premium waters, and non alcoholic drinks.    May have a drink at dinner but would pay individually for it.   

CURIOUS ABOUT....

• For those that do like a drink but have done the non alcohol pkg, what besides coffee, soda, and water do you order?
  • Have you found it to be worth it?    There is a $48pp/pd difference in price (plus gratuity).   Thats 4-5 drinks a day each or $672 for the week total for 2.   
  • Did it really change your style on the trip?

Appreciate any thoughts and insights.

I do not drink at all, but on my recent cruise premium alcohol package was included, had no choice it came with the suite.  I wish I had kept track though, because even w/o alcohol I think I very well may have gotten my moneys worth.  Room fridge was stocked at all times with Pellegrino, juices, had cappucino deleivered every morning and evening before bed by the butler.  I drank Pelligrino/Perrier all day every day/night/dinner, juices, smoothies, Cafe al Baccio I lost count how many times I went there.  SO even if premium bev package was not inclided, I'd have to buy whatever the top level non-alcohol bev package is. 

Have signed up for the classic non-alcohol package on upcoming cruise. On previous cruise had AI.

For us, we just don't normally drink enough for the alcohol package.  When we had AI we drank too much because it was included.

We do however drink lattes, cappuccinos, bottled water, and soda.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Have signed up for the classic non-alcohol package on upcoming cruise. On previous cruise had AI.

For us, we just don't normally drink enough for the alcohol package.  When we had AI we drank too much because it was included.

We do however drink lattes, cappuccinos, bottled water, and soda.

Depends on 2 things:

1) CC status as Elite + and above get free speciality coffees/teas,/chocolate.

2) What else you drink: for us we get enough free water during the Elite free drink period to take us through the next day. We only drink smoothies and juices at breakfast (free at the Elite breakfast). Lattes also free in the MDR. We have the occassional mock cocktail. 

For us none of the drinks packages are of any value.

• Like 1

I choose the non-alcoholic package because I drink coffee as soon as Cafe AlBiacio opens in the morning, and that is not just one. Then tea in the afternoon as well as club soda from the bar during the day.  We use our Elite drinks for one pre-dinner drink which we enjoy.  The total of $117 for the week has always worked in my favor.

• Like 1