Formal nights

Kruzkrazy

On 12/13/2022 at 11:10 AM, SantaFeFan said:

That is where you and I are different. I don't spend my time in the MDR monitoring what people are wearing. I have no idea how many people are wearing what. I just don't care. It's not my business. 

Agree. I get myself in enough trouble not commenting on what my wife is wearing. 

I’m not sure why Princess continues to differentiate dining nights, calling some formal night. It implies formal like dress. That doesn’t exist anymore. Our cruise a few months ago had people dressed in frayed jeans, cowboy & baseball hats, t-shirts, runners, etc. I would say dress as you like. I think if you turn up with “some clothes on” you won’t be denied entry! 

5 minutes ago, Alberta54 said:

I’m not sure why Princess continues to differentiate dining nights, calling some formal night. It implies formal like dress. That doesn’t exist anymore. Our cruise a few months ago had people dressed in frayed jeans, cowboy & baseball hats, t-shirts, runners, etc. I would say dress as you like. I think if you turn up with “some clothes on” you won’t be denied entry! 

It all has to do with $$.

It they imply it's formal night then some people will dress up and as long as they're already dress up, why not have a family photo taken?

If it were just another casual evening they wouldn't bother with photo's at all. 

They also might indulge in a better bottle of wine to go with their formal dinner. 

9 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It all has to do with $$.

It they imply it's formal night then some people will dress up and as long as they're already dress up, why not have a family photo taken?

If it were just another casual evening they wouldn't bother with photo's at all. 

They also might indulge in a better bottle of wine to go with their formal dinner. 

On our voyages this Fall, the photo department was out there every evening for photo posing.  I didn't pay enough attention to see if more folks were partaking on the Formal and DTI nights, but I suspect so.  TBH, a lot of times I passed by the photo locations, the photographers were standing around looking bored.

I was thankful they were not sending the photogs around the DR's for individual and table photos.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alberta54 said:

A lot depends on the geographic location of the cruise. European cruises tend not to have people dressed like that.