Internet on Coral Princess

datone

Can anyone advise if you have to purchase internet for the whole cruise and pay a daily rate, or is it possible to just purchase a set amount of minutes to be used during the voyage?  I only want to use it for 10 minutes every second day or so to check emails and probably only need about an hour's worth for the whole voyage.

1 hour ago, datone said:

Can anyone advise if you have to purchase internet for the whole cruise and pay a daily rate, or is it possible to just purchase a set amount of minutes to be used during the voyage?  I only want to use it for 10 minutes every second day or so to check emails and probably only need about an hour's worth for the whole voyage.

You do not have to buy the internet for the whole cruise. I understand that you can pay for a day whenever you want it. I don't think it is possible to buy less than a day of internet. However, I believe this 'casual rate' will be at a higher price per day than if you pay for the whole cruise.

At 50% discount for elite/platinum members of the Captain's Circle, I paid A$6.75 per day for the whole cruise. This was after quite a few hassles with the Princess call centre staff. I was told that the casual rate is A$10 per day and another version that it is US$10 per day but I am not sure about this. I suggest phone the Princess call centre of go onto the Live Chat facility.

Edited by Aus Traveller

From memory these were the prices a few months ago. Elite & Premium 50% discount.

Per person per day bought in advance -$14

Per person per day bought onboard - $20

Single day onboard - around $28.

You can't buy minutes any more, only by the day.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

The one-device plan means that you can only use one device at a time it doesn't limit you to using one device

We aren't traveling alone, there are these horrible things called teenagers tagging along....

The charge for an entire voyage plan on my upcoming Coral cruise is $158 for 11 days. For four devices its double that at $316. If you are Platinum or Elite you get 50% off those prices ......$79, $158.

I was also on the Coral in July on a 12 day cruise and the prices were $162 and $324 for 4 devices.

I don't use the Internet a lot and before I was Platinum, I just used the free wi-fi in the ports.

Text messages get through, maybe not always straight away so if there is some emergency I must know about, back home can always text as you can to them.