Prima....thoughts

uneamie

On 12/15/2022 at 8:49 PM, BirdTravels said:

We just completed 7 days on the Prima and went to the Thermal Suite every day. To me, the salt bath, steam room, and saunas were some of the best in the fleet. (The only thing that would make the saunas better would have been exterior windows). And having big, comfortable day beds versus loungers piled on each other was a treat. 

I am wondering if the pools are jetted yet? Last I read they did not have jets! Are there ANY jets in any of the pools in the spa that you noticed? I'd like to book a pass but not sure I want to do it if there are no jets? 

52 minutes ago, uneamie said:

I am wondering if the pools are jetted yet? Last I read they did not have jets! Are there ANY jets in any of the pools in the spa that you noticed? I'd like to book a pass but not sure I want to do it if there are no jets? 

Yes. The fresh water pool has a dozen jet stations (like those on the BA/BA+ ships). The salt water pool is just hot water. 

image.png.78b2fe43e9483572b1a74991f8b4545b.png

image.png.e4f17daaa65c10ddc4c765fff9ba6710.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

If you don't care about the opinions of people that have already cruised on the Prima regarding your cruise next July, why are you wasting your time reading a thread about the thoughts of previous Prima cruisers?

Because I have time to waste and I was responding to the OP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2022 at 3:57 PM, BirdTravels said:

The biggest flaw in the postings/complaints from the people on this forum is that they are trying to compare the features of the Prima to her distant cousin, the BA+ Escape. The thing that people fail to recognize and acknowlege is that the Prima is a smaller ship. 3100 passengers compared to 4266 passengers. Rather than compare the features of the Prima to the Escape, people should be comparing the Prima to the Jewel.

but you can´t compare  a new ship to a about 20 year old ship.

Escape is very popular so i think it is normal to compare a new ship  with a popular ship.

Many poeple find the Prima very crowded, that is a problem of the design and how they use the space.

i know, you write now if they make popular things bigger they feel anyway crowded because of ......

but i don´t share that opinion

i like the Prima but the ship has some mistakes what they should change for the next ships

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

Because I have time to waste and I was responding to the OP.

If you have so much time to waste it could possibly be better served by reading threads on upper echelon cruise lines that are out of your reach price wise.  It would give you something to strive for. 😄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

If you have so much time to waste it could possibly be better served by reading threads on upper echelon cruise lines that are out of your reach price wise.  It would give you something to strive for. 😄

Yes, mother.

• Haha 2

I am going in Feb -- I am able to make reservation for specialty restaurant and the 2 MDR but it won't let me even go into the indulge hall... will I have a problem getting in there without a reservation?

Also did anyone go to the Price is Right show and how was it?

8 minutes ago, C cruise said:

I am going in Feb -- I am able to make reservation for specialty restaurant and the 2 MDR but it won't let me even go into the indulge hall... will I have a problem getting in there without a reservation?

There are no reservations in Indulge.  It is a food court and it is first come, first served.  Get there about 15 minutes before they open and you should be able to find a table.

We went to the Price is Right and, in fact, my travel companion won the Showcase Showdown.  He won a 55" tv but took the cash value instead.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

There are no reservations in Indulge.  It is a food court and it is first come, first served.  Get there about 15 minutes before they open and you should be able to find a table.

We went to the Price is Right and, in fact, my travel companion won the Showcase Showdown.  He won a 55" tv but took the cash value instead.  

thank you for such a quick response.

5 hours ago, C cruise said:

Indulge is substantially better for dinner than lunch.  Hudson's is great for lunch on embarkation day and sea days.  Price is Right was good, Press Your Luck was cancelled because of a missing part.  Beat the Clock and Supermarket Sweep were nowhere to be found.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Indulge is substantially better for dinner than lunch.  Hudson's is great for lunch on embarkation day and sea days.  Price is Right was good, Press Your Luck was cancelled because of a missing part.  Beat the Clock and Supermarket Sweep were nowhere to be found.

I actually liked the food just as much at lunch time. Shrimp Pad Thai being one of my favorites. The thing that was better for us at dinner time was that it was much less busy. It made it a much more relaxing experience.

On 12/20/2022 at 12:17 AM, BirdTravels said:

Yes. The fresh water pool has a dozen jet stations (like those on the BA/BA+ ships). The salt water pool is just hot water. 

image.png.78b2fe43e9483572b1a74991f8b4545b.png

image.png.e4f17daaa65c10ddc4c765fff9ba6710.png

@BirdTravelsnice photos of the empty pools - you can see where the jets are! I wish I’d had those when the staff initially told me the pools weren't jetted on the 3 September cruise. I take it they've since (between Sept & Dec) fixed the jets so they now work?? (Later on the first cruise, different spa staff said the lines were installed wrong and couldn’t be fixed till Prima got to Miami) 

for sure that whole spa complex is beautiful though, with superb seating (ir laying) up front!

We cancelled a couple 14 day NCL cruises to take an Antarctic expedition, but that still leaves a big travel gap between March & August so Im thinking of giving Prima another go now NCL’s had time to iron out some bugs & get all the shows staffed. Maybe May-ish

Edited by ColdCruise

3 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

@BirdTravelsnice photos of the empty pools - you can see where the jets are! I wish I’d had those when the staff initially told me the pools weren't jetted on the 3 September cruise. I take it they've since (between Sept & Dec) fixed the jets so they now work?? (Later on the first cruise, different spa staff said the lines were installed wrong and couldn’t be fixed till Prima got to Miami) 

for sure that whole spa complex is beautiful though, with superb seating (ir laying) up front!

We cancelled a couple 14 day NCL cruises to take an Antarctic expedition, but that still leaves a big travel gap between March & August so Im thinking of giving Prima another go now NCL’s had time to iron out some bugs & get all the shows staffed. Maybe May-ish

The jets were not working on our October cruise.

The jets were, somewhat, working on our December cruise. They would sometimes shut down,,, supposedly on a timer. And on another day, only half were working. 

Then on the day the photos were taken, the staff drained the pool in some light chop because the water was sloshing out. If you recall, on BA/BA+ ships, the hydrotherapy pool has walls on 3ish sides. The Prima’s pool,only has one wall, kinda.  

• Like 1

We just got off the Prima and loved it, and that was with a reported 3500 passengers including 700 kids!  Yes, it was crowded in certain places and at some times, but I don't think there was ever a time that it was not possible to find at least some public place that was relatively quiet and uncrowded, although maybe not be outdoors on a warm sunny sea day.

We got on the ship at around 12pm and heard that the small venue shows were sold out, but we had no problem getting reservations for Noise Boys and Summer, and it appeared that neither of those shows was sold out when we attended them.  This might be an upside of having more families on board.

If you are over 17 and don't have kids I can't recommend the Vibe strongly enough, especially if you plan to eat at the buffet.  The Vibe is only a few steps away, so all but one day we got our food and took it to the Vibe to eat in peace.  

• Like 2