Sled dogs without helicopters

bcaha

Probably not, so we opted this past September to do the Summer Musher Puppy Camp. We wanted to book privately with Gold Rush Dog Tours in Juneau but they booked up quickly so we booked with our cruiseline RCI. Our grandkid's loved this visit with the dogs and the sled ride.

• 4 weeks later...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   JUNEAU on Douglas Island! It was a LOT of fun! And you get to pick up the puppies! I have a pic of them attached. 

Also, my cousins were supposed to go do the same in Skagway but the summer we were there it was so hot they had to cancel it So hopefully you can get either one of those. Also, from what I remember, there are several available within cruise itineraries. 

It seems a bit cheesy as they use a golf cart without an engine and the dogs pull the thing down the road! It is their summer training and speaking as a dog fan it was terrific and a lot of fun. 

4F61DC9B-EBF9-436C-8CCA-61BC366F144C.JPG

69ED1B5E-2EAA-415A-9FD7-C9F070687445.JPG

There are several opportunities to do dog sledding NOT on snow and not involving a glacier.

There is a great one in Seward, AK, there is one in Denali, Skagway and also in the Yukon. Probably others as someone mentioned one in Douglas Island (Juneau).

Also realize - if you do want to do one that lands on a glacier, come some point in August, they start being cancelled due to lack of snow on the glacier. I would book a cruise earlier in the season if this is important.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coral said:

There are several opportunities to do dog sledding NOT on snow and not involving a glacier.

There is a great one in Seward, AK, there is one in Denali, Skagway and also in the Yukon. Probably others as someone mentioned one in Douglas Island (Juneau).

Also realize - if you do want to do one that lands on a glacier, come some point in August, they start being cancelled due to lack of snow on the glacier. I would book a cruise earlier in the season if this is important.

Thank you!