Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

On 6/15/2023 at 3:20 PM, mlmbar said:

I sailed those ships before they were refitted with the amusement parks. Yes, I find this a nightmare 

Okay everyone don't panic.  I think the drawings and new releases make it look more "in your face" than it will be.  Here is a Youtube video from a reveal yesterday.  I was happy to see it isn't as huge as all that.  https://salessupport.princess.com/2023-0615-VE-NEWSHIPS-Registration-Closed

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

I am now focusing on June 2024 Med cruises on the Sun and it is still showing as nonrefundable deposits no matter whether I choose Standard or Plus, with any cabin type, and whether I am logged in or not. I think Princess is trying to drive me crazy! 

Try a different browser? Or a different device?

26 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

About the refundable/non-refundable...

Are you booking a GTY, or are you choosing a cabin.

On the screen where it shows these two options, do both of the options say NONREFUNDABLE?

Yes both options say non refundable deposit 

42 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

About the refundable/non-refundable...

Are you booking a GTY, or are you choosing a cabin.

On the screen where it shows these two options, do both of the options say NONREFUNDABLE?

You choose:

Deluxe Balcony

Premium Deluxe Balcony

Sky Suite

7-Day Mediterranean with Greek Isles & Turkey

Sat, Apr 27, 2024 - Sun Princess

( Fare Options

Stateroom Assignment

MOST POPULAR

You choose your stateroom

Confirm your room assignment now.

Select from all available rooms including those in the best locations.

Deposit is non-refundable.

From $1,851* per guest

7:42

Menu

Cruises

( Fare Options

Stateroom Assignment

MOST POPULAR

From $1,964* per guest

Choose a Room Now

7:43

Menu

Cruises

( Fare Options

Stateroom Assignment

MOST POPULAR

From $10,189* per guest

Choose a Room Now

{

{

IMO the "new" Princess is following Celebrity good or bad.   

For us I liked the refundable deposit but it rightly or wrongly allowed many of us to put out 'Placeholders"  we could change our minds.  In the meantime that cabin was taken.  We ended up taking all of our cruises that we placed deposits on but I know some who did not.  So now you have to have skin in the game.  Even though I'm not really a fan I think this is a good thing.  I am not sure totally of the non refundable rules if you can move it or incur a slight penalty.  Many ways to look at this

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

Okay everyone don't panic.  I think the drawings and new releases make it look more "in your face" than it will be.  Here is a Youtube video from a reveal yesterday.  I was happy to see it isn't as huge as all that.  https://salessupport.princess.com/2023-0615-VE-NEWSHIPS-Registration-Closed

Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

Why mind about what is on the roof when going there is no must. I guess the Park19 will not be built over the pool or block the sun.

I am more worried about the whole thing turning into an RCL experience. I have just turned my back on Celebrity for Princess. May it not be to my regret.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

A couple questions about deck 5:  what kind of windows in those cabins?  Port holes or otherwise?  Also, Do rear elevators go all the way down to deck 5 or only front and middle elevators on deck 5?

Jemnibabe02,

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Looking at the deck plans the rear elevators end at deck 6. There are stairs that then go down to deck 5. The midship elevators go to deck 5. Most people think of port holes as round, deck 5 has small rectangular windows looking at pictures of the ship.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

For us I liked the refundable deposit but it rightly or wrongly allowed many of us to put out 'Placeholders"  we could change our minds.  In the meantime that cabin was taken.  We ended up taking all of our cruises that we placed deposits on but I know some who did not.  So now you have to have skin in the game.  Even though I'm not really a fan I think this is a good thing.  I am not sure totally of the non refundable rules if you can move it or incur a slight penalty.  Many ways to look at this

If they are going to require nonrefundable deposits now then I would hope they are transferable to another cruise if something happens in the next year and we had to change the cruise date. Does anyone know if the deposits would be transferable? No way I'm going to eat the money if life happens and we had to switch to a different cruise. 

6 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

If they are going to require nonrefundable deposits now then I would hope they are transferable to another cruise if something happens in the next year and we had to change the cruise date. Does anyone know if the deposits would be transferable? No way I'm going to eat the money if life happens and we had to switch to a different cruise. 

I had to go through the booking up to the point of selecting a cabin to see the terms on the non refundable deposit.

Here it is:

Non-Refundable Deposit

Your deposit is 100% non-refundable and non-transferable. If you cancel your booking, the amount of your refund varies, depending upon how close you are to your cruise departure date. Your deposit, however, is not refundable for any reason.

If you prefer a refundable deposit you may return to the cabin selection process and select a different category or stateroom location.

BTW, I would definitely check with your TA/CVP on Monday, to see if they are also showing this non refundable.  Mainly, because some people are showing it is refundable and others are not. 

Please let us know. TIA

• Thanks 1

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

I had to go through the booking up to the point of selecting a cabin to see the terms on the non refundable deposit.

Here it is:

Non-Refundable Deposit

Your deposit is 100% non-refundable and non-transferable. If you cancel your booking, the amount of your refund varies, depending upon how close you are to your cruise departure date. Your deposit, however, is not refundable for any reason.

If you prefer a refundable deposit you may return to the cabin selection process and select a different category or stateroom location.

BTW, I would definitely check with your TA/CVP on Monday, to see if they are also showing this non refundable.  Mainly, because some people are showing it is refundable and others are not. 

Please let us know. TIA

Thank you! So it says non-transferable, that sucks. Guess we aren't doing that cruise then. 

Just now, rocklinmom said:

Thank you! So it says non-transferable, that sucks. Guess we aren't doing that cruise then. 

I don’t do non refundable deposits either. 

I’m checking with my TA on Monday, I will ask also.  

Did you try to call PCL or do the chat to ask?

17 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I don’t do non refundable deposits either. 

I’m checking with my TA on Monday, I will ask also.  

Did you try to call PCL or do the chat to ask?

Celebrity has had nonrefundable deposit for a number of years which I found quite offensive in light of Covid. There is an option to make your deposit refundable, which is a pay extra per cabin, which I think is based on the cost of the trip. Because of this and a number of other Money making charges, we moved on to Princess. We have a cruise on equinox in October, which was non-refundable so we’re going through with it. We’ve done to on Princess, and have two more booked, and I am disappointed that now the deposits are going to be nonrefundable.  Sign of the times 

15 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

This is a tough one. I will say only once ever have we cancelled a cruise we put a deposit on. But I have read many a poster (both here and on FB sites) talk about putting deposits on multiple cruises and saying they will 'pick one later', and later didnt mean tomorrow or next week. So in that context I do see non-refundable deposits reducing some of that activity and making cabins more available. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

This is a tough one. I will say only once ever have we cancelled a cruise we put a deposit on. But I have read many a poster (both here and on FB sites) talk about putting deposits on multiple cruises and saying they will 'pick one later', and later didnt mean tomorrow or next week. So in that context I do see non-refundable deposits reducing some of that activity and making cabins more available. 

• Like 1

That read-out on those quotes on Non Refundable fares do not look like the screen on Princess' website.   Are both of you looking directly on the regular Princess web-site?

If so, it seems SO odd that some, like mine, would show a refundable option when you choose your cabin, but others do not.  CONFUSING!

About booking all these cruises in advance, and them being refundable....

After a so-so TA, and then an awful and non-responsive Princess Planner, I found what seemed to be a good TA with a major agency...   of course, now we find out that she is not a regular TA and is being promoted to a position in their Customer Service!!!!  Wouldn't you know...

Anyhow, we had called to make a change to our plans....  She said, like, you are fine... you wouldn't believe the people who put all these cruises on deposit, and change them several times, etc...  Apparently a lot of people do this!  I remember seeing comments from people here on TA where they mention their future plans, it sounds like they are doing this. And then dropping some cruises, making changes in plans on others, etc.

One reason to book early, before one is sure of what their travel plans will actually be, is to get the cabin type and location that they want.  But, of course, GTY cabins are the ones that are NOT refundable?

On 6/16/2023 at 10:35 AM, voljeep said:

Ours also - and picked our balcony 'somewhat' - only a couple showing as available the day they came out

We have 3 booked and all are refundable.  Guess we got in under the wire. All 3 we full plan on taking. They were large deposits, but that just makes the final payment less 😃

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

That read-out on those quotes on Non Refundable fares do not look like the screen on Princess' website.   Are both of you looking directly on the regular Princess web-site?

If so, it seems SO odd that some, like mine, would show a refundable option when you choose your cabin, but others do not.  CONFUSING!

It is definitely the princess website and I only selected and pasted the verbage.  Not all the pictures.

It’s very strange that some can see:

Fully refundable deposit and others

see non refundable deposit.

I was just trying to help a CC member and got caught up in it.  😳

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

If so, it seems SO odd that some, like mine, would show a refundable option when you choose your cabin, but others do not.  CONFUSING

I was just curious, so I started to look at the prices for Sun Princess for May/June 2024.  A couple of days ago all of the deposits were showing as refundable for me (while others, like @rocklinmom were reporting that both options were showing as non-refundable).  When I log in and look today, all of the deposits for these cruises are now showing as non-refundable for me as well. 

I'm still seeing refundable for other ships and dates.

I can't see myself booking a non-refundable deposit (unless I'm already past final payment).

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I was just curious, so I started to look at the prices for Sun Princess for May/June 2024.  A couple of days ago all of the deposits were showing as refundable for me (while others, like @rocklinmom were reporting that both options were showing as non-refundable).  When I log in and look today, all of the deposits for these cruises are now showing as non-refundable for me as well. 

I'm still seeing refundable for other ships and dates.

I can't see myself booking a non-refundable deposit (unless I'm already past final payment).

Yes, that’s what we have been discussing.  Since Friday, I have seen them as non refundable.  Doesn’t matter if you choose or PCL chooses.  Doesn’t matter what category, lead in Interior all the way up to Sky Suite.  I’m really surprised that only a few are seeing this, and others are not.  I can’t believe IT would only work this non refundable for some and not everyone.  

Well, wait a minute…I “can” believe it!  I thought it was some type of programming error.  Have no clue! 😂

Yesterday, the TA and Caribbean sailings in the Fall were still refundable, if you choose your own cabin.