Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

19 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Yes to both. First question/answer was confirmed by the head of design a few months ago when prompted, citing the "desire for more livable space" (or something along those lines).

Thanks for the info 🙂 

On 10/31/2023 at 2:54 AM, snoozecrooze said:

Yes to both. First question/answer was confirmed by the head of design a few months ago when prompted, citing the "desire for more livable space" (or something along those lines).

Showers with no curtains so that’s a plus. I also noticed the standard mini-suites have different layouts if the renderings are accurate on the website. I don’t think I’ve seen actual pictures of the interior.

Here's another stern shot from the same FB group. I believe this is a rendering, rather than an actual photo, but wanted to post as a follow-up to my post yesterday, as it seems to show more clearly what the stern of the ship will look like when all the finishing touches are completed (like the glass railings on the aft corner cabins and adjacent sections). Counting the days. 

SunStbdAftQtr.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Would love to see some higher resolution shots of the stern. So far the only one we've seen is kind of fuzzy.

Also would love to know if she's fully fitted out during the sea trials or if there's more work to be done at least externally.

And finally (for now), she's been sitting in Palermo for three days now. Looks like on the satellite images she might be getting more work done because the location looks like a dry dock. Anybody know for sure?

Edited by beg3yrs

13 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I can see my cabin in the sphere. Thanks for the picture.

I can see my Cabana.  (Well, mine is port side, but I can see the overall concept.)  The Cabanas are very easy to discern from the rest of the balcony cabins.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 8:02 AM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Here's another stern shot from the same FB group. I believe this is a rendering, rather than an actual photo,

Obvious from the color of the lifeboats.  (Unless Sun Princess will be sailing for Disney).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Would love to see some higher resolution shots of the stern. So far the only one we've seen is kind of fuzzy.

Also would love to know if she's fully fitted out during the sea trials or if there's more work to be done at least externally.

And finally (for now), she's been sitting in Palermo for three days now. Looks like on the satellite images she might be getting more work done because the location looks like a dry dock. Anybody know for sure?

Yes, she is back in dry dock. I saw a post on Instagram earlier confirming this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzLzu6XoGQO/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Thanks 1

I’m interested to know if anyone has been able to make Dining Reservations for their Sun Princess booking yet?

For my 08Jun24 sailing, the app keeps telling me “To access Dine My Way, your voyage must be paid in full or you must be a Platinum or Elite Captain’s Circle member, or have a Full Suite or Club Class Mini Suite”

I’m Elite, so I don’t know whether it’s just me with a problem, or everyone, or whether it’s simply too early to make dining reservations given the ship hasn’t launched yet..?

I got a generic email from Princess a few days ago, for this booking, saying that Dining Reservations are available.

Any thoughts please?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StevenW said:

I’m interested to know if anyone has been able to make Dining Reservations for their Sun Princess booking yet?

For my 08Jun24 sailing, the app keeps telling me “To access Dine My Way, your voyage must be paid in full or you must be a Platinum or Elite Captain’s Circle member, or have a Full Suite or Club Class Mini Suite”

I’m Elite, so I don’t know whether it’s just me with a problem, or everyone, or whether it’s simply too early to make dining reservations given the ship hasn’t launched yet..?

I got a generic email from Princess a few days ago, for this booking, saying that Dining Reservations are available.

Any thoughts please?

We’re on it Apr 27 and I am Elite. It’s recently gone from telling me they’re making updates and try later to letting me start the process but then say “we found not find any reservations at this time.” No email saying reservations are available.

7 hours ago, lstone19 said:

We’re on it Apr 27 and I am Elite. It’s recently gone from telling me they’re making updates and try later to letting me start the process but then say “we found not find any reservations at this time.” No email saying reservations are available.

We're on the Feb 8 inaugural and cannot book our Dining on the app yet (we are Elite too). Princess still need to confirm all the speciality dining options so may have to wait on that deck 17 aft restaurant announcement . Our 90 day final payment date is up next Friday (Nov 10) so all very exciting!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Is that primarily the work being done in Palermo? I'm very curious.

Now that I've thought about this, dry dock isn't required for interior work although that doesn't rule out that interior work is being done. Something must be going on with the new azipod propulsion system or maybe the new bubbles through the hull system. Could just be something that has to be done after checking it out during sea trials but I have zero expertise here. @chengkp75???

Edited by beg3yrs

Hi all!

So I am getting an absolutely fantastic deal through the players club--so I decided to go big and just get a Penthouse Suite buuut I haven't booked yet.  Maybe someone can give me some insight!

The deal I am getting is $1050pp on the Nov 9 Magic Castle Conjurer's Cruise.  Never heard of this before and just from the basic research I've completed, I haven't really heard much about it except there will be a focus on magic shows and special food/drinks?

There are plenty of suites left on Deck 17, Aft; however, a public space is directly above it.  Based on other cruises, how bad should I expect the noise to be on this deck with the public space being directly above us?

And since this cruise is sailing in early November, what are the chances we'll hit rough waters?

Can't wait for them to reveal more about this ship!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rob-vs said:

fyi, Adam Savage from Myth Busters has done a series of videos on the engineering of the Sun Princess. It's really interesting (if you're into that kind of thing 😉). 

This was fascinating to watch, thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1