Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

14 minutes ago, dog said:

I wouldn’t say that.

I see you are disturbed by sharing Signature benefits with this D0- aft category of passengers.

I am not bothered by it the weeks I have suites on Sun & Star booked. It is a choice and also still an unknown.

i am truly sorry.

To be clear, I am not upset at any passengers who booked that category and wind up getting the benefits.  In fact, I would feel sorry for anyone who booked a room thinking they would get Signature only to find out later that they would NOT actually be getting it.  Some people are bound to be disappointed, or to feel duped, and I am angry at Princess for creating this situation.  They are to blame, not the passengers who booked the rooms.

Edited by CatMom72
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shutterbug63 said:

I was browsing Instagram and found this reel that  appears to show a partial  balcony and a better view of a premium deluxe balcony which is huge, but looks pretty exposed.

I would absolutely hate that balcony 😵‍💫  I’d feel like part of the entertainment 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pixelskaya said:

I would absolutely hate that balcony 😵‍💫  I’d feel like part of the entertainment 

It would be cool for group traveling together. They would be able to enjoy each others company. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

I agree.  Unless you knew the people across the way.  Well...I suppose you would know them pretty quick!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SouKnoMe said:

It would be cool for group traveling together. They would be able to enjoy each others company. 

I’m booked with 6 friends on the Sun this Summer. We would all hate this balcony 🤣 We can hang out together anywhere in the ship; balcony time is private.

It miiiiiight be cool for family? Nah, not really. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SouKnoMe said:

Totally agree.  This balcony reminds me of the Central Park balconies on Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas, which overlook gardens in the middle of the ship.  A few years back, my husband and I booked one of those balconies and put my daughter in the same cabin on the opposite side of the ship.  When she was out on her balcony, we were able to go out on ours and wave to her.  It was a family trip, so we had a lot of fun with it.  However, it’s probably not a great option if you are looking for something a little quieter or more private/romantic.  It really just depends on which type of vacation experience you’re after.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

I’m booked with 6 friends on the Sun this Summer. We would all hate this balcony 🤣 We can hang out together anywhere in the ship; balcony time is private.

It miiiiiight be cool for family? Nah, not really. 

I agree - I would never book this balcony. I mean it's huge, but zero privacy and that's not for me.  I feel like there's a lot of other choices that have more privacy.

• Like 2

Just checked...  The Princess web-site shows TWO categories of Premium Deluxe Balconies.

For the cruise I am looking at, the difference between our mid-ship mid-deck Deluxe Balcony (non-premium) and these Signature Premium Deluxe balconies shows at approx. $50. pp per day.  ( so, $100.00 per day )

The difference between an AFT Signature Premium Deluxe balcony and a mid-FWD Premium Deluxe balcony shows at approx. $42.00 pp per day.

It would appear that nobody is getting anything for no charge.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shutterbug63 said:

I was browsing Instagram and found this reel that  appears to show a partial  balcony and a better view of a premium deluxe balcony which is huge, but looks pretty exposed.

Don't we also get a glimpse of a very wet and virtually empty Cabana deck (not surprising in that weather) and how the deck 9 Cabana balconies are furnished and overlooked? I grabbed a screenshot for a clearer view:

Screenshot_20240225-1842302.thumb.png.f058d09220f1de1782b7ff32bc15ee57.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Just checked...  The Princess web-site shows TWO categories of Premium Deluxe Balconies.

For the cruise I am looking at, the difference between our mid-ship mid-deck Deluxe Balcony (non-premium) and these Signature Premium Deluxe balconies shows at approx. $50. pp per day.  ( so, $100.00 per day )

The difference between an AFT Signature Premium Deluxe balcony and a mid-FWD Premium Deluxe balcony shows at approx. $42.00 pp per day.

It would appear that nobody is getting anything for no charge.

There are three categories of Premium Deluxe Balcony (D0, D1, and D2).  The only difference between these is location, and the price difference between them is nominal (for one 7-day Caribbean cruise I pulled up at random, prices ranged between $1418pp and $1478pp…so less than $10 per person per day).  These are different than the Deluxe Balcony categories (e.g., DA, DB) insofar as the Premier Deluxe Balcony cabins having much larger balcony spaces than the Deluxe Balcony cabins.  It doesn’t have anything to do with Signature benefits; there is no “Signature Premium Deluxe Balcony” category.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shutterbug63 said:

Those large balconies that are overlooked have full loungers (rather than just chairs) on them, making me think they are suites.

Is there anywhere on the ship that that would happen?

I would be pretty upset if I paid for a large suite with a huge balcony, only to have it totally overlooked by another balcony!

IMG_4130.png

Edited by chamima

11 minutes ago, dides said:

Don't we also get a glimpse of a very wet and virtually empty Cabana deck (not surprising in that weather) and how the deck 9 Cabana balconies are furnished and overlooked? I grabbed a screenshot for a clearer view:

Screenshot_20240225-1842302.thumb.png.f058d09220f1de1782b7ff32bc15ee57.png

Agree that the C1 cabins do not seem great for privacy.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chamima said:

Those large balconies that are overlooked have full loungers on them, making me think they are suites.

I would be pretty upset if I paid for a large suite with a huge balcony, only to have it totally overlooked by another balcony!

Those are C1 Reserve Cabanas, not suites.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

Those are C1 Reserve Cabanas, not suites.

Go back and re-check my post.

I added a picture to clarify which balcony I'm referring to.

Edited by chamima
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chamima said:

Go back and re-check my post.

I added a picture to clarify which balcony I'm referring to.

That is a D1 Premium Deluxe Balcony.  Also not a suite.  However, the balcony is spectacular IMO…fantastic views, just not very private.

Edited by CatMom72
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Those large balconies that are overlooked have full loungers (rather than just chairs) on them, making me think they are suites.

IMG_4130.png

What. Category is this cabin in? 

2 hours ago, chamima said:

IMG_4130.png

Oh man…I think this is our cabin. Idk what to do. Wonder if I should bid to upgrade. This does not look private at all.

• Haha 1

We will be sailing on our first Princess cruise this July.   I have been on over 50 cruises but I am amazed at how little I know about Princess.  You guys have really helped and I thank each of you for helping me understand a heck of a lot more.  I just don’t know what I don’t know.   Thank you

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lgar88 said:

Oh man…I think this is our cabin. Idk what to do. Wonder if I should bid to upgrade. This does not look private at all.

The view looks pretty great, but I agree the privacy is not there.  Does your cabi number end in 321?  If so, it probably is one of these…

Edited by CatMom72

5 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

We will be sailing on our first Princess cruise this July.   I have been on over 50 cruises but I am amazed at how little I know about Princess.  You guys have really helped and I thank each of you for helping me understand a heck of a lot more.  I just don’t know what I don’t know.   Thank you

I am sure you will have a great time, @Hobby3333.  The Sphere class is totally new for all of us, even those of us who have been on Princess many times. 

2 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

There are three categories of Premium Deluxe Balcony (D0, D1, and D2).  The only difference between these is location, and the price difference between them is nominal (for one 7-day Caribbean cruise I pulled up at random, prices ranged between $1418pp and $1478pp…so less than $10 per person per day).  These are different than the Deluxe Balcony categories (e.g., DA, DB) insofar as the Premier Deluxe Balcony cabins having much larger balcony spaces than the Deluxe Balcony cabins.  It doesn’t have anything to do with Signature benefits; there is no “Signature Premium Deluxe Balcony” category.

There are several sub-categories of the different cabin types.... yes...  

But, I am talking about a completely different CATEGORY or TYPE of Premium Deluxe Balcony.    Check again, like you are booking, and see if it looks like this.

When booking, when one clicks on balcony, it shows 

COVE BALCONY

DELUXE BALCONY

PREMIUM DELUXE BALCONY

PREMIUM DELUXE BALCONY,  listed again, with higher pricing.

This second type of PREMIUM DELUXE BALCONY does state that it comes with the Signature Benefits.

If one clicks to select that type of Premium Balcony, the system will show any available Premium Deluxe Balconies, which state that they have Signature Benefits, and are located in the AFT...  not mid-aft, mid-ship, or mid forward

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for that reel !!!!

Yes, it shows exactly why I booked a Deluxe Balcony on the bump-out section, and not an in-set section of the ship,  (even those balconies are smaller)  as that is a LOT of open deck. (Cabana Deck) between the balcony and the sea below!

That huge Premium balcony shown does have the same, small, amount of privacy inset there...  It is the regular balconies, such as the one filmed from, that would have absolutely NO privacy if anyone is out past the divider on that huge balcony...  🙁

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

There are several sub-categories of the different cabin types.... yes...  

But, I am talking about a completely different CATEGORY or TYPE of Premium Deluxe Balcony.    Check again, like you are booking, and see if it looks like this.

When booking, when one clicks on balcony, it shows 

COVE BALCONY

DELUXE BALCONY

PREMIUM DELUXE BALCONY

PREMIUM DELUXE BALCONY,  listed again, with higher pricing.

This second type of PREMIUM DELUXE BALCONY does state that it comes with the Signature Benefits.

If one clicks to select that type of Premium Balcony, the system will show any available Premium Deluxe Balconies, which state that they have Signature Benefits, and are located in the AFT...  not mid-aft, mid-ship, or mid forward

Premium Deluxe Balcony is not listed with higher pricing.  To be clear, there are minor variations in pricing based on location, NOT based on benefits. I can tell you flat out that none of the D category cabins are meant to have Signature Suite benefits…because they are not suites.  There is something weird going on with the D0 (aft Premium Deluxe Balcony) cabin descriptions when you go to book that category through the app on your phone.  If you try to book it on your laptop, it says nothing about Signature.  If you look at the room description on your laptop or your phone (i.e., click on a D0 cabin on the deck plan when you are not trying to make a booking), it says nothing about Signature.  When you look at the descriptions for Premium Deluxe Balcony (D0, D1, D2) on your laptop or phone, it is clear that there are no Signature benefits.  My guess is that those D0 aft cabins, which are adjacent to S9 Signature Suites, were originally going to be S9 cabins but wound up being D0 because design changes during construction resulted in the square footage for the D0 cabins being less than that of the adjacent S9 cabins…but the D0 descriptions never got fully updated in the mobile version of the website.  That’s just my guess, of course.  Regardless, I do not believe D0 cabins were never meant to have Signature Suite benefits.  It just would not make sense for them to have such benefits considering that NOT A SINGLE OTHER NON-SUITE CABIN ON THE ENTIRE SHIP has those benefits. What about all the mini-suites?  Are you telling me that not a single mini-suite has Signature benefits, but somehow a subset of balcony rooms (a lower cabin class than mini-suite) somehow has Signature Suite benefits? Boy, if this is true, all those people who paid more for mini-suites and didn’t get Signature Suite benefits sure would feel like chumps right now, right?

• Like 2