Car Service Recommendations from Philadelphia to Cape Liberty

fair-winds39

I may have asked this before and if so, apologies in advance.

We are a party of 4 cruising on the Anthem in 2023. We have never had to use a car service before for anything, so we are a bit skeptical when researching car/limo services for our ground transportation to the pier. Not sure about reviews or the reputations of some of the companies. If anyone from the Philadelphia area has used a car service, and could recommend a reliable company, or even advise us if you had the misfortune of hiring a car service that you would never use again, we would really appreciate it. Thank you.

We use an app called Blacklane from Philly to New York sometimes-- they source among nicer limo services and car and driver quality has always been high. You can choose a larger option for 4 people and it usually will end up being a Cadillac Escalade. 

But also agree with Amtrak suggestion-- 30th St Station to Newark and get an Uber from there to the pier. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

We use an app called Blacklane from Philly to New York sometimes-- they source among nicer limo services and car and driver quality has always been high. You can choose a larger option for 4 people and it usually will end up being a Cadillac Escalade. 

But also agree with Amtrak suggestion-- 30th St Station to Newark and get an Uber from there to the pier. 

Unless getting to 30th St Station in Philadelphia is a real hassle, Amtrak then Uber makes more sense than car service all the way.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2022 at 1:39 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Unless getting to 30th St Station in Philadelphia is a real hassle, Amtrak then Uber makes more sense than car service all the way.

Sometimes yes, sometimes it's a wash. For the most part wouldn't do a car service on my own but when you start getting into 2 or more people the math makes more sense. 

I'm typing this on an Amtrak train from New York to 30th St Station right now which cost, for two people, close to $400 and frankly it's so packed onboard I wish we had used a car service for what wouldn't amount to be much more. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Sometimes yes, sometimes it's a wash. For the most part wouldn't do a car service on my own but when you start getting into 2 or more people the math makes more sense. 

I'm typing this on an Amtrak train from New York to 30th St Station right now which cost, for two people, close to $400 and frankly it's so packed onboard I wish we had used a car service for what wouldn't amount to be much more. 

Wow - are you riding Acela, with a last minute ticket?   My last Philly to NY Amtrak, about a month ago, was about $65

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Wow - are you riding Acela, with a last minute ticket?   My last Philly to NY Amtrak, about a month ago, was about $65

My daughter is taking Amtrak tomorrow to NJ from Boston, booked it last week and it’s $75 one way. She used to book from Delaware to NJ a couple months in advance for $30 each way. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Holiday weekends to/from NYC are very expensive with a ton of people traveling. Acela is $198-254 one way NYC to Philly. Regionals are $150 per person. Even the Keystone which is always less expensive was $150. None last minute-- booked a couple weeks in advance. 

Look at fares for Dec 23rd from NYC to Philly-- they were the same ones we had today. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 9:45 PM, fair-winds39 said:

Thanks everyone. We can’t do the train because one of us depends on a mobility scooter which she needs to bring with her on the cruise. 

Curious to know why the mobility scooter disqualifies taking the train. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Curious to know why the mobility scooter disqualifies taking the train. 

It's a fair point-- both the Acela and Regional trains would be roll on/roll off (with a small bridge the conductor puts between the platform and train) and there is generous space in both trainsets to park a scooter with easy transfer to a designated seating area for those that are mobility limited. You would just take the elevators down to the platform at 30th St Station and the same thing once you arrive in NYC.  

• Like 1

Thanks all.

Nope, you’re right 1025cruise, scooter does not disqualify taking the train. Nothing to do with Acela, Regional, Amtrak, etc., but in this case, train would be problematic for us. If we 4 sisters were heading to NY for the day, absolutely no problem with scooter; the rail system is very accessible. However, when you need to first get from suburbs of Philly to 30th St. station with 4 suitcases, and a couple of small bags dragging behind, get to NY and then to Cape Liberty, that’s a lot of work. That’s why we hope we can find a reliable car service.

3 minutes ago, fair-winds39 said:

Thanks all.

Nope, you’re right 1025cruise, scooter does not disqualify taking the train. Nothing to do with Acela, Regional, Amtrak, etc., but in this case, train would be problematic for us. If we 4 sisters were heading to NY for the day, absolutely no problem with scooter; the rail system is very accessible. However, when you need to first get from suburbs of Philly to 30th St. station with 4 suitcases, and a couple of small bags dragging behind, get to NY and then to Cape Liberty, that’s a lot of work. That’s why we hope we can find a reliable car service.

I know you want a car service, but for anyone thinking of taking a train to get to cape liberty, you’d take a train to Newark Penn station in NJ.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, megr1125 said:

King Limo or maybe Zark though I take them from Central NJ about 45 minutes from Philly.  King has a base in King of Prussia.

Thank you very much. Glad you mentioned King. They seem to have a reliable history, and have been in business for a while. That’s who we will most likely use.