Oasis dining

lulabelle

Good luck. We're on the Oasis with a large family group. 8 adults, one 4 year old, 2 toddlers. We and our TA called Royal and Royal dining repeatedly to request a large table.

Night 1... Table for 9, one couple seated at an adjacent table. Got in long, slow-moving line to get us altogether, were told if everyone fits they can sit there. Extremely slow/poor service (long waits for bar service, water refills, silverware etc.), wait staff obviously slammed.

Night 2... Now at a different table for 9.(?) Because of the long waits for food, bread, everything on night one, we sent all the parents to be seated and order while the grandparents supervised the kids in the adventure ocean playroom. Parents requested 2 high chairs and a booster seat upon arrival, and made it clear that the kids were arriving when the food did. As the appetizers arrived, so did we, with the kids (about a half an hour after everyone else was seated). Only one high chair, no booster seat, and no food for the kids. Bread was also gone, and not replenished. I don't know how many tables our dining team had, but it's too many. After multiple requests to wait staff for food and high chairs, I grabbed someone in a suit; several minutes later the kids were seated appropriately and had their fruit plate appetizers.

One of the reasons I worked so hard to get main dining was all the posts about how as soon as they got to the table the littles had nibblies and the waiters took great care of them. Not our experience AT ALL.

Again, the wait staff seemed completely slammed, and not having enough high chairs is not on them. But grab a fruit plate for the two year old, for heaven's sake, especially when you've been given a half hour head start.

We're going to try again tonight. Wish us luck.

Thanks for tolerating the rant.

• Like 2

Based on our Aug.Sept trip on Oasis, the MDR is a mess. As it is the only time we've sailed on Oasis class (and likely the last for quite a while for numerous reasons), it's unclear whether it is local management issue or just too many people on board creating a critical mass issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mmcgann11 said:

Based on our Aug.Sept trip on Oasis, the MDR is a mess. As it is the only time we've sailed on Oasis class (and likely the last for quite a while for numerous reasons), it's unclear whether it is local management issue or just too many people on board creating a critical mass issue.

I'm going to show my post to a headwaiter or hotel management, and ask if they want another chance to do things right. I will also make it REALLY CLEAR that the wait staff is working really, really hard. The windjammer is packed, and there are long lines at Sorrento's and the promenade cafe, so MDR is really our best option if they can get their act together.

14 hours ago, cruisin from florida said:

Good luck. We're on the Oasis with a large family group. 8 adults, one 4 year old, 2 toddlers. We and our TA called Royal and Royal dining repeatedly to request a large table.

Night 1... Table for 9, one couple seated at an adjacent table. Got in long, slow-moving line to get us altogether, were told if everyone fits they can sit there. Extremely slow/poor service (long waits for bar service, water refills, silverware etc.), wait staff obviously slammed.

Night 2... Now at a different table for 9.(?) Because of the long waits for food, bread, everything on night one, we sent all the parents to be seated and order while the grandparents supervised the kids in the adventure ocean playroom. Parents requested 2 high chairs and a booster seat upon arrival, and made it clear that the kids were arriving when the food did. As the appetizers arrived, so did we, with the kids (about a half an hour after everyone else was seated). Only one high chair, no booster seat, and no food for the kids. Bread was also gone, and not replenished. I don't know how many tables our dining team had, but it's too many. After multiple requests to wait staff for food and high chairs, I grabbed someone in a suit; several minutes later the kids were seated appropriately and had their fruit plate appetizers.

One of the reasons I worked so hard to get main dining was all the posts about how as soon as they got to the table the littles had nibblies and the waiters took great care of them. Not our experience AT ALL.

Again, the wait staff seemed completely slammed, and not having enough high chairs is not on them. But grab a fruit plate for the two year old, for heaven's sake, especially when you've been given a half hour head start.

We're going to try again tonight. Wish us luck.

Thanks for tolerating the rant.

Do you have my time dining, it is not the best for a large group.  I say that because changing tables night to night is never done in traditional. 

11 hours ago, mmcgann11 said:

We were on the Oasis in November, and it is basically the same. In another thread, i already discuss talking to the executive head chef in the diamond lounge. They are severely understaffed, both in wait staff and galley staff. They even had to close Solarium Bistro for dinner, no staff. So not really a ship management problem. We have been on the Wonder, Jewel, Allure past six month and it is all the same. Long line for MTD. 

Anyone trying to seat 12 to a table, possible but be very patience as it will be a very very long dinner. 

16 hours ago, strathcona said:

We were on the Oasis in November, and it is basically the same. In another thread, i already discuss talking to the executive head chef in the diamond lounge. They are severely understaffed, both in wait staff and galley staff. They even had to close Solarium Bistro for dinner, no staff. So not really a ship management problem. We have been on the Wonder, Jewel, Allure past six month and it is all the same. Long line for MTD. 

Anyone trying to seat 12 to a table, possible but be very patience as it will be a very very long dinner. 

You should have no problems if you select traditional.  Royal has not been able to handle MTD ever since it was introduced.

On my recent Oasis sail in early December there was table, as you entered the MDR on the 4th deck, set up for 20+ diners/family.  This was early traditional seating.

Edited by nelblu

We were on Oasis last week booked early dining and there were 2 couples reservations linked. As soon as we boarded we went to the MDR to check our table and they did not have us together. I had to press to get a table together. They got us settled into an 8 seat table where the other guests never showed up. 
Just don’t assume, go there when you board.