Princess Gift Cards & Protection Plan

chubbypiggy

Can we use Princess gift cards to pay for Princess Protection Plan when we make our final payment?

Bought some Princess gift cards from AARP last week.  Didn't want to hold on to them, so call Princess to make a partial payment on an existing booking (final payment in a month).  I don't have Princess Protection Plan yet, but consider buying it before making final payment. The Princess agent told me, once I made partial payment on an existing booking, I will no longer be allowed to buy Princess Protection Plan for that booking later on.  Anyone heard of that limitation?

Thank you.

The policy previously was that you could purchase the insurance up until final payment. I don't think anything has changed. Heck, just add it to your booking and continue making partial payments.

I haven't used gift cards before.

Can you use gift cards on board to buy Future Cruise Deposits?  I've always had them just charged to my CC on file, though it went through as a separate charge, not as part of my folio balance.  I'd like to buy some of the Amex gift cards to use on my NYE  cruise.

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

FCC don't get charged to your on board account. When you see the future cruise consultant you'll need to ask them if you can apply the gift card.

I know they don't get charged to the on board accounts/folios.  I was hoping to get a definitive answer before I bought $600 of gift cards, rather than asking IF they can be applied.  Thank you for your input!

15 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

I have used Princess gift cards to pay the insurance, the cruise itself as well as EZair.

You were lucky you used it for EZair. I tried to pay my EZair with gift cards on my last cruise, and I was told gift cards are not to be used for EZair.  The agent said that limitation is written in gift card's terms and conditions/FAQ.

Q: Are there any restrictions in using the Princess Cruises Gift Card towards the payment of products and services offered by Princess Cruises?
A: The Princess Cruises Gift Card can be used for most Princess products and services, with the exception of payment towards Land Excursions and eZAir.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

You were lucky you used it for EZair. I tried to pay my EZair with gift cards on my last cruise, and I was told gift cards are not to be used for EZair.  The agent said that limitation is written in gift card's terms and conditions/FAQ.

Q: Are there any restrictions in using the Princess Cruises Gift Card towards the payment of products and services offered by Princess Cruises?
A: The Princess Cruises Gift Card can be used for most Princess products and services, with the exception of payment towards Land Excursions and eZAir.  

Possibly but I think my travel agent is THAT GOOD. I've done that more than once.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 10:09 AM, chubbypiggy said:

We've never had issues using gift cards to pay for our cruise fare and EZ Air

• Like 1