So confused - New beverage package question

Lilly-Ann

Hello,

We are booked on the SKY Princess  on Feb 18th, 2023. It said the new Princess plus will start on Feb 20th. 2023.

It looks like the drink package will cover alcoholic drinks up to $15.00 on the new package. There is alot of talk about drink prices going up. I assumed we would be grandfathered into that new package. Drinks up to $15.00 since we purchased the plus moths ago.

PRINCESS PLUS

• Princess® dining, accommodations and entertainment
  • MedallionClass® experience
  • Plus Beverage Package
    (drinks up to $15 each)
  • Wi-Fi (1 device per guest)
  • Crew appreciation
  • NEW Premium desserts (2 per day)
  • NEW Fitness classes (2 per cruise)
  • NEW Unlimited juice bar

Total Value: $140 USD
per day per guest

Overall Savings of 57%!

Your Cost: $60 USD
per day per guest

****** This note is showing in our reservation*******

"New" items are not included in your current package. Please contact us or your travel agent to make changes to your package.

Does this mean we will still only gets drinks up to $12.00? I cannot get an answer from Princess. I am worried the drink prices will increase before the cruise and the options will be alot less.

So confused

Edited by Lilly-Ann
spelling
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lilly-Ann said:

Hello,

We are booked on the SKY Princess  on Feb 18th, 2023. It said the new Princess plus will start on Feb 20th. 2023.

It looks like the drink package will cover alcoholic drinks up to $15.00 on the new package. There is alot of talk about drink prices going up. I assumed we would be grandfathered into that new package. Drinks up to $15.00 since we purchased the plus moths ago.

PRINCESS PLUS

• Princess® dining, accommodations and entertainment
  • MedallionClass® experience
  • Plus Beverage Package
    (drinks up to $15 each)
  • Wi-Fi (1 device per guest)
  • Crew appreciation
  • NEW Premium desserts (2 per day)
  • NEW Fitness classes (2 per cruise)
  • NEW Unlimited juice bar

Total Value: $140 USD
per day per guest

Overall Savings of 57%!

Your Cost: $60 USD
per day per guest

****** This note is showing in our reservation*******

"New" items are not included in your current package. Please contact us or your travel agent to make changes to your package.

Does this mean we will still only gets drinks up to $12.00? I cannot get an answer from Princess. I am worried the drink prices will increase before the cruise and the options will be alot less.

So confused

New items are listed as the fitness, desserts and juice bar. The new limit for drinks is not shown as new

14 hours ago, Lilly-Ann said:

Does this mean we will still only gets drinks up to $12.00?

No.  You get drinks up to $15.  In the "fine print" the word "New" is capitalized and in quotes.  That is significant.  That means that you get everything that is not preceded with the word "New" and you do not get anything that is preceded with the word "New".  So you get the first 5 bulleted items and you do not get the last three bulleted items  It really isn't that confusing.  They have spelled it out as clearly as possible.

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 2

"So confused - New beverage package question"

That's the whole point of it.

"The general rule is, the more confusion, the more profit. Therefore, the best approach is to create problems, then offer solutions." Milton William Cooper

You have to do the math. If at any point the math breaks down, it's not worth it.  Your cruise is a 7 nights, not a world cruise segment, So for myself, I'll unplug from the internet for a week. Are you an occasional drinker, envelope tipper... not the fitness class type?

You're asking about two or three dollars here and there, where the real issue is the $420 ($60/day for 7days) you are spending and may not get full use of. Might be better to have the extra $420 and pay as you go.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Do people really think these things look appetising?

Not in the least.  Taking two scoops of ice cream that is free in the MDR and sticking a huge pinwheel lollipop into it does not a "special, upcharge dessert" make.   When Princess rolled out the Norman Love Chocolate program, the desserts introduced were way more impressive and they were included in the price of the cruise.  These cringeworthy concoctions wouldn't interest me even if they were included in the fare.  But to charge more for them??  Positively laughable.

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

Not in the least.  Taking two scoops of ice cream that is free in the MDR and sticking a huge pinwheel lollipop into it does not a "special, upcharge dessert" make.   

Who on earth at Princess decided that offering two of these artery blockers a day was a good idea ?

And, more importantly,  who signed off on the concept?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1