Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

2 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

They look the same as when I was on coral in august. I will get some photos later for you

No worries, from what others have said the new prices may not come into play until next month.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 6:02 PM, Womble99 said:

Wonder if anyone will be upgraded with the bid system? Thinking not as it seemed to be pretty full.

Not on the short Grand P cruise as we were in a Window suite anyway - great location and not having a balcony was no loss given the weather was pretty poor. Did bid and was upgraded on Majestic P to Tasmania in mid November - went from a mini to a penthouse so was pretty happy as not a heap of extra $. 

• Like 2

We’ve been enjoying a night at Horizon Court as our first two nights were in specialty dining. I had some delicious meat at our early dinner.

My girls are in the teen club and enjoying it. We went to Hahndorf on an excursion today, but it was only 2 and a half hours. I love Hahndorf, and it just wasn’t enough time to share with them all the things I’ve loved on my previous visits. It’s been four years since my last one and a lot of things have changed. 

We probably won’t go to the main dining room, as we like the flexibility of picking and choosing from what’s in front of us.

I’m starting to think I’m probably fine with the standard package. I had four alcoholic drinks on the first night, but felt horrendous afterwards (I really don’t drink much), so I’ve been living off ginger ale and lemonade since. 

The only reason I like the packages is because of the wifi and photos. It might make more sense to pay for those separately, I’ve got to do the sums. For the four of us, it gets expensive. Not that it matters, but I’m not really taking advantage of the inclusions. 

I’m really impressed with staff on the ship. They work extremely hard, and do an excellent job. There are some little touches missing post-COVID, but it’s so obvious they all take great pride in their roles. 

81B1FED1-A68C-4FE2-AFB8-55DE639595CE.jpeg

630D332B-A509-439B-8301-300AA0CE8B5C.jpeg

88D33381-43C6-44E8-8BB4-64F81D3D39F7.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

Not on the short Grand P cruise as we were in a Window suite anyway - great location and not having a balcony was no loss given the weather was pretty poor. Did bid and was upgraded on Majestic P to Tasmania in mid November - went from a mini to a penthouse so was pretty happy as not a heap of extra $. 

I have put in bids for Majestic next month. Not holding out much hope, as all the higher cabins have been showing as sold-out for ages. I think they still use the information from these dormant bids to know what to expect from bidders on future offerings.

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

How were the quesadillas?

They were ok. I just wanted to try a dish I hadn't had before. I won't order them on the next cruise. No sour cream with them, the red sauce on the side was super sweet, so thankful it wasn't in the quesadilla. Needed more cheese.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

I have put in bids for Majestic next month. Not holding out much hope, as all the higher cabins have been showing as sold-out for ages. I think they still use the information from these dormant bids to know what to expect from bidders on future offerings.

Agree

30 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

They were ok. I just wanted to try a dish I hadn't had before. I won't order them on the next cruise. No sour cream with them, the red sauce on the side was super sweet, so thankful it wasn't in the quesadilla. Needed more cheese.

A bit of guacamole on the side would be a plus.

• Like 1

Waiting to go to Kangaroo Island but it might not happen as they can’t send the tenders out apparently. We’ve been waiting for almost an hour. Good thing I have my kindle. I knew this was a possibility though, we just need to see what happens.

27 minutes ago, spersephone said:

We’re heading off soon!

I hope they stay at Kangaroo Island later as KI as the third biggest island in Australia and driving distances are long.  If they shorten the time on shore, I would stay on the Cape Willoughby Lighthouse, the eastern most point of KI side of the island. it is 27.9 km scenic drive from Penneshaw. 

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

I did the same for our Grand cruise in March. We have a balcony cabin booked but I bid for a minisuite. I didn't bid for Club Class or a suite as we have friends joining the last part of the cruise whom we want to dine with.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Do many ships visit Port Lincoln?  What would be the main attractions.  Is the jetty closed there like elsewhere?

The ship will dock at the Large Jetty, near the end. Not sure if the Town Jetty is closed for some reason at the moment.

If we had limitless money, one for he “Swim With” options would be awesome, and seascape photography. As for our family on this trip, It’ll be Pokémon Go on the foreshore 😂

2 hours ago, spersephone said:

Waiting to go to Kangaroo Island but it might not happen as they can’t send the tenders out apparently. We’ve been waiting for almost an hour. Good thing I have my kindle. I knew this was a possibility though, we just need to see what happens.

We’re still waiting for Crocodile group to be called. Booked Seal Bay for 1:45 so hopefully we get our car in time for that. Otherwise 😢 

3 minutes ago, RobinBancs said:

The ship will dock at the Large Jetty, near the end. Not sure if the Town Jetty is closed for some reason at the moment.

If we had limitless money, one for he “Swim With” options would be awesome, and seascape photography. As for our family on this trip, It’ll be Pokémon Go on the foreshore 😂

I spent an enjoyable holiday at Tumby Bay once.  I was sad to see on the news the popular jetty was now out of bounds awaiting repair.  The local community must miss it, as it was the town meeting place.  I thought Port Lincoln might have a similar small jetty. 

What do people swim with?

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I spent an enjoyable holiday at Tumby Bay once.  I was sad to see on the news the popular jetty was now out of bounds awaiting repair.  The local community must miss it, as it was the town meeting place.  I thought Port Lincoln might have a similar small jetty. 

What do people swim with?

Seals, dolphins SHARKS!!!

12 minutes ago, RobinBancs said:

We’re still waiting for Crocodile group to be called. Booked Seal Bay for 1:45 so hopefully we get our car in time for that. Otherwise 😢 

88 elm 1 hr each way to Seal Bay if you are driving.  It is an internal island route so not scenic.  The drive from Penneshaw to Cape Willoughby is scenic along the Coast.  there is dudley wines plus a small cafe with good food and spectacular views.  We took a walk along the beach en route  Just a beautiful area.  We have driven all over the island during holidays. 

Hope you enjoy your visit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

Thanks @RobinBancs for photos of the kids club activities - I'll be cruising on Coral Princess in November with my grandchildren so it will give them a bit of an idea of what to expect 👍

Very happy to help. Will post the next lot when we get it in Melbourne on Monday

• Thanks 1

Our town jetty absolutely is open, cruise ships dock at the wharf, if a grain boat is in, I think you are restricted from walking off but if you can't, they will have buses taking you to a central point, otherwise it should be ok.

If you walk around the foreshore, there will be markets set up. There is an awesome bakery next to the yacht club and plenty of green lawns to sit on and enjoy the spoils, there are multiple pubs on the foreshore as well. 

There is lots to see, depending what you are into and how much you want to spend, I think we are going to greet you with some good weather tomorrow as well!

• Like 1