Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

27 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I didn't get off at Lyttleton/Christchurch.

I have been before and now that I am on my own, I can't be bothered with no one to talk to.

Just tossing up whether or not to get off in Wellington. I think reading a book will win.

I have a day trip booked for Napier. I might look at booking something for the other 2 stops or I can see me doing nothing again

Hi, it's a good idea to book something as you then have travel companions to talk to, even if it's just general pleasantries, it lightens your mood.

For Wellington I would highly recommend Te Papa museum - I'm not a museum person but can't speak highly enough of Te Papa. Again as you wander around and see the wonderful interactive experiences you probably won't be able to stop yourself striking up comments with other visitors, the human interaction will again lighten your mood. 

I'm not sure if the Peter Jackson WW2 exhibit is still showing - absolutely world class and 100% worth seeing 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Mum got invited on one of our august cruises. Had photos with the captain, but they didn't sit with us. I posted the photos and menu on that thread. Food was excellent.

Re your cruise, May I ask what was the cut off in days for the MTP? We made it a couple of times with around 470 days.

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, RobinBancs said:

It would be easy. Don’t actually stick the swab in your nose. On the surface, we are happy that this has been done several times this trip because it gives you more confidence about the situation but it only works if people do it right.

If you just 'stick the swab in the nose', does the control line show up? Just curious. I would prefer to do it properly because I would want to know my own health status.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 10:02 PM, RobinBancs said:

Here is the kids programme for the next two weeks

That’ll be the limit of our mobile data for now until we get to NZ as well be out of range

3-7 year olds

3290D1A1-5AAE-4274-A836-723236ADE557.thumb.jpeg.a69fa28daabd9318883c5c6186278d04.jpeg

8-12 year olds

9C0C01C4-6C08-4A51-9CBE-DAF64F60C33E.thumb.jpeg.5a7d622e44b608ba74f776e013920955.jpeg

Hi Robin, could I ask a favour please? I'll be taking 6 x grandkids on a Princess cruise in November 🥴  One girl will be 7.5 years with 4 others between 8 and 12. If it's not too much trouble would you mind asking at the kids club how strict they are with age bands as the 7.5 year old (tall and mature for her age) will want to be with her siblings and cousins. Much appreciated 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jean C said:

Hi Robin, could I ask a favour please? I'll be taking 6 x grandkids on a Princess cruise in November 🥴  One girl will be 7.5 years with 4 others between 8 and 12. If it's not too much trouble would you mind asking at the kids club how strict they are with age bands as the 7.5 year old (tall and mature for her age) will want to be with her siblings and cousins. Much appreciated 🙂

We asked the same thing actually as Mr 7 is actually Mr 7.9. It’s dependant on the number of kids on the cruise and the allocations of kids in each age group. We thought the 8-12 program would suit him better but it’s been fine. He’s OK being one of the older ones in the group. He’s also an avid collector of stuffed animals and so far has received 4 news stuffed animals through kids club over 10 days so far.

Edited by RobinBancs
Typo fix
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

If you just 'stick the swab in the nose', does the control line show up? Just curious. I would prefer to do it properly because I would want to know my own health status.

I would think the C line is to confirm there was indeed the marker that detects the antigen within the vial as opposed to identifying the presence of mucus from the nose. 

We also prefer to do it properly as well but don’t have a lot of faith that everyone does what is right.

1 hour ago, RobinBancs said:

We asked the same thing actually as Mr 7 is actually Mr 7.9. It’s dependant on the number of kids on the cruise and the allocations of kids in each age group. We thought the 8-12 program would suit him better but it’s been fine. He’s OK being one of the older ones in the group. He’s also an avid collector of stuffed animals and so far has received 4 news stuffed animals through kids club over 10 days so far.

Thanks so much 😊

3 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Sorry. I have no idea

2 weeks ago on Coral Princess the cutoff for MTP was 700 cruise days. The captain didn’t attend, seniors officers were there to welcome guests but did not stay for lunch.

7AC5ED3D-9422-4A46-995F-D7822E203371.jpeg

E9B9705C-CF85-469F-BB79-FB1290F5239F.jpeg

75C31ACC-ABD3-4BF3-AE99-29971038B256.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/15/2023 at 6:15 AM, yes!yes!yes! said:

I have been before and now that I am on my own, I can't be bothered with no one to talk to.

Just tossing up whether or not to get off in Wellington. I think reading a book will win.

I have a day trip booked for Napier. I might look at booking something for the other 2 stops or I can see me doing nothing again

Pity to not visit Wellington, as it is such an interesting port, with so much to see and do there.  A highlight was a visit to Parliament House, the Beehive.  Free daily one hour guided tours begin on the hour at the Visitor Centre.  I was fascinated by building methods taken to make the building withstand earthquakes.  

51 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Pity to not visit Wellington, as it is such an interesting port, with so much to see and do there.  A highlight was a visit to Parliament House, the Beehive.  Free daily one hour guided tours begin on the hour at the Visitor Centre.  I was fascinated by building methods taken to make the building withstand earthquakes.  

I agree with your comment about the tour of Parliament House. It was very interesting. Then of course, the Te Papa Museum is an absolute 'must-see'. One great aspect of both these places, is that they are free!!

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 7:15 AM, yes!yes!yes! said:

The great thing about cruising - do as much or as little as you like.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I was in Wellington 2 weeks ago.

I did a day tour today. Bus driver was great. Funny and knowledgeable. It visited 2 wineries and we got some cheese and biscuits at the 2nd winery(another bus did it the other way around) he also stopped at a fresh fruit icecream stall on the way back.

It was $150. Hawkes Bay area.

2 weeks ago mum and I just walked around Napier 

• Like 3

On 12/21/2022 at 6:30 AM, yes!yes!yes! said:

Well. Not quite on board yet. Later this morning.

Flew in from Perth to Melbourne  yesterday and stayed last night at the sofitel on Collins. Lovely  hotel with great views.

I'm cruising with my mum for the first two cruises and solo for the last one.

Join in this thread  anyone else on board.

Will attach my first glimpse of the ship from my hotel room earlier this morning 

20221221_055908.jpg

of course, you were doing handstands at the time lol. So many times, my photo inserts end up upside down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2023 at 10:35 AM, Jean C said:

wow now that's one brave grandma 🥰😇

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

wow now that's one brave grandma 🥰😇

Hahaha, the parents are coming too 😊 We've booked 3 x mini suites to accommodate us all, first time in a mini suite so looking forward it 🙃

• Haha 1

Just now, Jean C said:

Hahaha, the parents are coming too 😊 We've booked 3 x mini suites to accommodate us all, first time in a mini suite so looking forward it 🙃

Phew I was thinking you were super granny lol. That would be awesome trip with all the family though. Have done a couple of cruises in mini and loved it though don't spend as much time in cabin so as long as I have a balcony, I'm happy.

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Phew I was thinking you were super granny lol. That would be awesome trip with all the family though. Have done a couple of cruises in mini and loved it though don't spend as much time in cabin so as long as I have a balcony, I'm happy.

Yes, I'm the same, I'm happy as long as I have a balcony, private space with fresh air.  I didn't want to put the family in bunk rooms so the mini suites worked out a good option, as the third and fourth guests were considerably cheaper than the first two 🛳 🥳

• Like 2

Here's a photo of the first winery. Mission winery. The oldest one in new Zealand.

We sat inside on very long bench seats and tasted 5 wines and had quite a history lesson on the venue.

I only liked one of the wines.

The second one was abbey winery and brewery. Tasted 6 wines and liked 3. This one had a much nicer atmosphere and we sat outside.

20230116_094808.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I did a day tour today. Bus driver was great. Funny and knowledgeable. It visited 2 wineries and we got some cheese and biscuits at the 2nd winery(another bus did it the other way around) he also stopped at a fresh fruit icecream stall on the way back.

It was $150. Hawkes Bay area.

2 weeks ago mum and I just walked around Napier 

Glad you enjoyed your day tour.  I agree a good driver makes all the difference.  Was the ice cream delicious?  NZ makes good ice cream.  Is this your last week?  Enjoy!

• Like 1