Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

40 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Cutting the rug - with zimmer frames on the dance floor. 😂

Watch out for the mobility scooters doing wheelies, burn outs and doughnuts in the disco, gets dark in there, lol.

No disrepect to Mr Gut and others who need to drive those speed machines.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I'm impressed that it's correctly labelled on the Princess menu as 'canteloupe'. 🙂

It's known as canteloupe on most cruise ships as it is the original name for that type of melon and is the name used in the US. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's known as canteloupe on most cruise ships as it is the original name for that type of melon and is the name used in the US. 

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Melon in the title but explained underneath as canteloupe.

It was a little dig - it's what it's called in Victoria although I think some other parts of Australia call it something else. Pretty sure canteloupe is also a European word.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

It was a little dig - it's what it's called in Victoria although I think some other parts of Australia call it something else. Pretty sure canteloupe is also a European word.

Accirding to Wikipedia:

"The name comes from the French languageThe name cantaloupe was derived in the 18th century via French cantaloup from The Cantus Region of Italian Cantalupo, which was formerly a papal county seat near Rome, after the fruit was introduced there from Armenia.[3] It was first mentioned in English literature in 1739.[2] The cantaloupe most likely originated in a region from South Asia to Africa.[2] It was later introduced to Europe, and around 1890, became a commercial crop in the United States.[2"]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Yeah, looks like rockmelon to me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hello Auckland!

021F66B0-6FAD-41D2-A5F0-BE5FBABD76D9.thumb.jpeg.2c4024bf0f8d3bc77204a47d421dc403.jpeg

It’s taken me 14 days to remember that I need to ask for chocolate powder on a cappuccino because it doesn’t come standard. They still can’t get the temperature of the milk right in the international cafe since day 4 when Yurii must have finished his contract. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

For all your days of cruising over the past 6 months, you must be immune to have not caught it by now. Good luck, take care.

I got some type of cold/flu halfway through the second cruise but it wasn't covid. Slowed me down for a day or so.

I don't usually get sick.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NSWP said:

Watch out for the mobility scooters doing wheelies, burn outs and doughnuts in the disco, gets dark in there, lol.

No disrepect to Mr Gut and others who need to drive those speed machines.

On the first new Zealand cruise there was a man in a wheelchair on the dancefloor who was dangerous. We got off when he got on. I didn't want my mum getting rammed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RobinBancs said:

Hello Auckland!

021F66B0-6FAD-41D2-A5F0-BE5FBABD76D9.thumb.jpeg.2c4024bf0f8d3bc77204a47d421dc403.jpeg

It’s taken me 14 days to remember that I need to ask for chocolate powder on a cappuccino because it doesn’t come standard. They still can’t get the temperature of the milk right in the international cafe since day 4 when Yurii must have finished his contract. 

Nice pic.

Ask around, Yuri might be elsewhere on this ship. Quite a few have shifted

• Thanks 1

I'm not bothering to get off today. 

I've spent plenty of time in Auckland in the past. It's all aboard at 2.30pm. None of the day trips appealed to me and walking around by myself isn't as much fun.

I've just started an excellent book at breakfast (quickest service in the dining room so far) so I will enjoy reading most of the day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

On the first new Zealand cruise there was a man in a wheelchair on the dancefloor who was dangerous. We got off when he got on. I didn't want my mum getting rammed.

Security should have breathalysed him.🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I'm not bothering to get off today. 

I've spent plenty of time in Auckland in the past. It's all aboard at 2.30pm. None of the day trips appealed to me and walking around by myself isn't as much fun.

I've just started an excellent book at breakfast (quickest service in the dining room so far) so I will enjoy reading most of the day.

It is hard to drag yourself away from a good book.  Enjoy the day with the ship to yourself!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobinBancs said:

Auckland was the least interesting port of the six and probably amplified by the early sail away.

Sounds like a rougher day tomorrow with 3.5-4.0m swells forecast for the Tasman sea

Yay, a bumpy ride back.

• Haha 1