Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

30 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I have packed one suitcase for putting out tonight. The other one I will walk off in the morning. Probably only wore half of what I brought with me. I was hoping on warmer weather and had a lot of summer stuff I didn't wear.

I would like to thank you again for all the info and entertainment. Sorry your cruise is nearly over but bet you are planning the next. Happy and healthy cruising. Juls

• Like 1

I'm such an idiot. 

I messaged my son to remind him to pick me up tomorrow and he reminded me it's on the 22nd. I went downstairs and asked the girl on the medallion  desk to make sure.

I still have one more sea day. Good chance for sushi tomorrow then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I'm certain. 

I paid $5 Australian in august pte paid with elite discount.

When I enquired onboard prior to the 6 night portion. Those prices were given. He also said it made no difference if i pre paid or paid on the first day aboard. I didn't need to pay at all as my WiFi had been  put on my account  for all 3 cruises.

I think you were very lucky with that $5 price. I'd been told $14/$7 onboard when I checked the prices but saw posts in a couple of places saying they'd paid $6.50 or $6.75. None as low as what you got.

23 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I'm such an idiot. 

I messaged my son to remind him to pick me up tomorrow and he reminded me it's on the 22nd. I went downstairs and asked the girl on the medallion  desk to make sure.

I thought that didn’t make sense when you said about the sushi. One more day 😂. Thank you for starting this thread. It’s been awesome to be part of and I’ll be able to extend it by two more days. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RobinBancs said:

I thought that didn’t make sense when you said about the sushi. One more day 😂. Thank you for starting this thread. It’s been awesome to be part of and I’ll be able to extend it by two more days. 

I'd be interested to hear what it was like departing and arriving in Adelaide. Our second and third cruises are out of Adelaide, that's why we booked them! Juls

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think you were very lucky with that $5 price. I'd been told $14/$7 onboard when I checked the prices but saw posts in a couple of places saying they'd paid $6.50 or $6.75. None as low as what you got.

I remember you questioning it last august in that thread. 

1 hour ago, RobinBancs said:

I will keep reading it when I'm back

32 minutes ago, Normanville said:

I'd be interested to hear what it was like departing and arriving in Adelaide. Our second and third cruises are out of Adelaide, that's why we booked them! Juls

The access for drop off in Adelaide is good. Very close to the terminal building. Depending on the itinerary they treat the cruises as double embarkation days. Adelaide and Melbourne. Alot of Adelaide cruisers on here

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I'm such an idiot. 

You had me going there. We are boarding on the 22nd when you disembark and I am still washing and ironing clothes to pack. I actually went to check the date to make sure I was not a day out. You must be very relaxed -the sign of a good holiday.😀

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

You had me going there. We are boarding on the 22nd when you disembark and I am still washing and ironing clothes to pack. I actually went to check the date to make sure I was not a day out. You must be very relaxed -the sign of a good holiday.😀

I'm  only 55 and it was a real seniors moment 

2 minutes ago, RobinBancs said:

There are Polo Shirts and Hoodies in Michaelangelo formal formal night tonight. 

On the last formal  night a man in a work vest and shorts with no shoes, excess gut and attitude appeared on stage for the yes no gameshow. Even Aaron the cruise director  was appalled. People were chanting get him off

3 hours ago, Normanville said:

Happy to help!  We haven’t done the second bit yet but did the first bit some 2 and a bit weeks ago.  Grand has approximately 700 guests that embarked from Adelaide so around 1800 that were already on from Melbourne. That meant that the embarkation process was pretty quick 

We parked at Andrew’s Airport parking and used their shuttle to get out here. We live in Gawler so the cab would have cost more than parking in the car park.

The drop off zone was close to the first security check point. There are luggage trolleys here which helped us a lot!  Have your boarding letter printed and ready to show here.

You’ll get directed next to the luggage drop point which is about 150m walk and finishes with an up ramp. Here you will need to show that you have your passports assuming international travel. Bags are dropped after that point. From there it’s up the escalator to check in and get medallions and all the formal processes. They also checked out passports but not as closely as ABF did later in Melbourne

From here it was a straight forward process, going through the security X-ray scanner and the obligatory boarding photo that nobody buys.  Before we knew it, we were walking into deck 7!

Importantly, there was a necessity to have passports with us before returning to the ship, bound for NZ. That wasn’t clear in all communication we received but fortunately we took them with us. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Normanville said:

Has anyone had problems with the Medallion app? No one seems to have mentioned it and I have read on other forums there have been teething problems. Do we still get free wifi for Elite?

There has been plenty of teething problems with the app, but I have been able to overcome everything that it has thrown at me so far. We spent months talking about it last year, and have mostly moved on.

You wouldn't normally be logged out when you close the app.