Gift Card

DAVLIB007

Royal is really picky about the use of gift certificates/gift cards. 

You have to book directly with Royal (after the booking is made they can transfer it to your TA for you).

You make the deposit with your credit card just like always.

Then, RIGHT THEN, you can use the gift cards/certificates to pay on your cruise. 

If you have $100 cards, you can use up to 9, if you have $500 cards, same thing, up to 9 cards. 

Whatever the balance is after using the cards, that cannot be paid for with cards later on. It must be paid for with your credit card before the final payment date. 

The cards can NOT be used on ship. 

On 12/20/2022 at 6:46 PM, sailor05 said:

Royal is really picky about the use of gift certificates/gift cards. 

You have to book directly with Royal (after the booking is made they can transfer it to your TA for you).

You make the deposit with your credit card just like always.

Then, RIGHT THEN, you can use the gift cards/certificates to pay on your cruise. 

If you have $100 cards, you can use up to 9, if you have $500 cards, same thing, up to 9 cards. 

Whatever the balance is after using the cards, that cannot be paid for with cards later on. It must be paid for with your credit card before the final payment date. 

The cards can NOT be used on ship. 

I was able to use gift cards to pay toward my balance well after deposit.  You can use it toward your balance or for on board credit.  You have to email it to them.  Here is a link:  https://royalcaribbeancertificates.com/.  The only thing you cannot do with Royal is redeem then while on board the ship.

I have been having a heck of a hard time with the gift cards. I received $1k worth. Am currently booked on the Symphony of the Seas. I expected to be able to use them for dining packages, internet, etc. I don’t even know if I can. I sent them via email as specified. (Which I felt uncomfortable doing in the first place) It’s been two weeks and have yet to hear anything. So frustrating!

49 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

They are very restrictive, limited, and difficult to redeem.

I would rather spend the $50 then deal with them.

restrictive, yes since only good towards fare-but not really that hard to redeem, just had to send an e-mail (but I agree it should be easier, like with Carnival right on the website)

5 hours ago, Lissete said:

I have been having a heck of a hard time with the gift cards. I received $1k worth. Am currently booked on the Symphony of the Seas. I expected to be able to use them for dining packages, internet, etc. I don’t even know if I can. I sent them via email as specified. (Which I felt uncomfortable doing in the first place) It’s been two weeks and have yet to hear anything. So frustrating!

I'm currently in a high nightmare with gift certificates.  They applied my $150 in GC as a negative balance. No one has been able to fix this for WEEKS!  I even emailed the CEO.  I'm terrified they won't let me on the ship on Saturday because they think I owe $150 still.  

On 1/2/2023 at 7:44 PM, DCDew said:

I'm currently in a high nightmare with gift certificates.  They applied my $150 in GC as a negative balance. No one has been able to fix this for WEEKS!  I even emailed the CEO.  I'm terrified they won't let me on the ship on Saturday because they think I owe $150 still.  

I am having problems with AARP  they want to know if Royal is showing any balance .   I can't get that far. LOL    I have 4 - $500  cards I am trying to use , there is a special email address to use them 

the AARP can't be used ONLINE ,  the above link works only for Royal Gift Cards bought from Royal.

• 1 year later...

Don’t waste your time with these. I have 300 dollars of e-gift cards I cant use to make purchases before my cruise in 40 days and I have to call to have them applied to my account and it can take 10 -14 days ? I’ve gotten mixed answers when I call and feel like it’s a waste of time. Apparently you can only use it to make a new booking sorry this is a scam 

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Another cruiser @ccm1281 just posted a long redemption post in February. They do sound like a pain to use. But maybe you can use them on a future cruise. Link: 

Is aarp gift cards so very different from a rccl gift card?  My son gave us one (rccl) he bought on line and printed it out.  We didn’t try to use it on line, but had no problem applying it to our account (at the guest services desk) once on board.