For breakfeast, Main Dining Room, Adventure of the Seas

JOHN 57

Good morning, what would  you have for breakfast on Adventure of the Seas, Main Dining Room.  I am dreaming of sitting at a table with a view of the ocean in one of those big windows.  21 Days to go, and I would have on day number 1 Decaf coffee, tomato juice, eggs benedict, bacon, and sausage, grits.  What would you have?

43 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

Good morning, what would  you have for breakfast on Adventure of the Seas, Main Dining Room.  I am dreaming of sitting at a table with a view of the ocean in one of those big windows.  21 Days to go, and I would have on day number 1 Decaf coffee, tomato juice, eggs benedict, bacon, and sausage, grits.  What would you have?

Eggs benedict, bacon and sausage - three important food groups! 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, JOHN 57 said:

yes, but I would rather have ham in main dining room for breakfast.

You could probably ask for a side of ham and they would bring it down for you. I've made "special requests" for things at breakfast in the MDR in the past. It might take a while to get it, though. Easier would be to stop off at the buffet on your way to breakfast for a to-go serving of ham, but it would of course cool off by the time you got to eat it in the MDR.

I've very much enjoyed a MDR breakfast in the past, but my DH is not a fan, so we didn't do that on our most recent cruise. My go-to is smoked salmon, but I like mine on dark bread rather than a bagel, so I have gotten my own bread from the Windjammer before heading to the MDR for breakfast.

14 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

You could probably ask for a side of ham and they would bring it down for you. I've made "special requests" for things at breakfast in the MDR in the past. It might take a while to get it, though. Easier would be to stop off at the buffet on your way to breakfast for a to-go serving of ham, but it would of course cool off by the time you got to eat it in the MDR.

I've very much enjoyed a MDR breakfast in the past, but my DH is not a fan, so we didn't do that on our most recent cruise. My go-to is smoked salmon, but I like mine on dark bread rather than a bagel, so I have gotten my own bread from the Windjammer before heading to the MDR for breakfast.

ham would be nice, but since I have kidney disease, salmon sounds nice.  will have egg white omlette.

On 12/23/2022 at 12:03 PM, JOHN 57 said:

Those are some good choices but be forewarned -- I have not been happy with the grits served onboard any of the cruises we have taken.  They just come out too watery for my taste.  

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Those are some good choices but be forewarned -- I have not been happy with the grits served onboard any of the cruises we have taken.  They just come out too watery for my taste.  

I have since learned that I have kidney disease, so having to cut back and there went eggs benedict and bacon, but here come cream of wheat, salmon, grits, and tomato juice.  I have heard, I could have egg white omlette.  Will check that out.