"formal" night on a 5 nighter

hammo

No roll call on our short 5 night Aussie cruise so thought I would ask here . Goes - Melbourne , At Sea  , Adelaide , Kangaroo Island , At Sea , Melbourne .

Anticipating just 1 formal style night , assuming a sea day , but which one ? Just planning Specialty Dining and thought it better to be main dining room on the formal night ? thanks for any advice .

56 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

My guesstimate would be day two, sea day one.

I would agree... other option might be the 4th night if you leave Kangaroo Island early enough... I also noted on my last two short cruises that they designated one night as "dress to impress."  This is NOT formal night, so don't get confused

Thanks for the advice . Yes I just said formal night knowing its description now is less than formal -Evening Chic on Celebrity etc , in the past the menu was more enticing and worthy of planning a night away from the speciality restaurants . ( Not always the case though I know ) 

If they actually do have one my bet would be the first sea day. The last sea day would be the night before disembarkation and I have only ever come across one formal night before disembarkation and hope to never see another.

The Adelaide stop usually a turn around port as well for the SA based cruisers.

You can see which nights are scheduled as formal nights in the Journey View activities timeline in the app. Every evening will show either “casual” or “formal” portraits. I’ve seen it populate as much as a couple of months before a cruise.