Something Different

Cool Breeze Cruiser

We have done an island tour in St. Thomas & been to Magen’s Bay & Sapphire Beach.

We have done day sails with Fury Charters, New Horizons, Nightwind Charters & 2 with Tribal Day Sails. Obviously we like boating days! 😁

We are looking for something ‘different’ to do or another boating day on our next visit to St. Thomas. We will be in port from 7AM-6PM January 16th. Any suggestions?
Thanks! 

• Like 1

Did any of your boating excursions go to Pizza Pi, the floating pizza boat?

Some boats have slides and SUPs (I've seen them on online ads). You may find one that has amenities that weren't on your previous sails.

There's also a new beach club off St John, Lovango, that has a dock for boats so people can visit the resort for a few hours.

Check with Oceansurfari (will post link separately). They offer several boat tours, but also jeep tours to remote places that need 4wd with high clearance.

Please give us a report no matter what you do. It's hard to find different things to do no matter where you go because everybody is going to a few attractions and recommending those few. 

I had a hard time finding something different to do on my last cruise to Barbados a few years ago.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 9:52 AM, Cool Breeze Cruiser said:

I will. Our cruise is going to San Juan, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua & St. Thomas. We are going with Calabaza Sailing again in Barbados. It is one of the best excursions we have ever done!

We are going on 4/1 to these ports. Would love to hear anything 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea-Bos said:

We already have plans for the other ports but NCL changed our itinerary recently & we have 3 extra hours in St. Thomas so I want to maximize our time there. 
I think we are going to book a day sail with Independence Sailing. Pat has been very quick to respond & has excellent reviews.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjPiKLjrJz8AhVxLkQIHR4EC1gQFnoECCUQAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independence44.us%2F&usg=AOvVaw2QHmQG-sRvZHtmz8K91kbZ

Juli

On 12/26/2022 at 11:00 AM, Cool Breeze Cruiser said:

We have done an island tour in St. Thomas & been to Magen’s Bay & Sapphire Beach.

We have done day sails with Fury Charters, New Horizons, Nightwind Charters & 2 with Tribal Day Sails. Obviously we like boating days! 😁

We are looking for something ‘different’ to do or another boating day on our next visit to St. Thomas. We will be in port from 7AM-6PM January 16th. Any suggestions?
Thanks! 

Following...

My wife and I along with another couple are on the same cruise. Love the extra time in St Thomas. Looking to go to St John (Trunk Bay) Cheapest way to go is via taxi and ferry. I'm looking for a private charter that can pick us up at the ship and take us to St John for 5-6 hours

3 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Following...

My wife and I along with another couple are on the same cruise. Love the extra time in St Thomas. Looking to go to St John (Trunk Bay) Cheapest way to go is via taxi and ferry. I'm looking for a private charter that can pick us up at the ship and take us to St John for 5-6 hours

Laszlo: If you’re just trying to avoid the long taxi ride and just want 5 or 6 hours in St. John, why not take the Crown Bay or Charlotte Amalie ferries? The ferry ride is longer but it’s really nice. We prefer it to the bumpy taxi to Red Hook. The Crown Bay ferry has the added advantage of dropping you off down the hill from The Roti King.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bella0714 said:

Laszlo: If you’re just trying to avoid the long taxi ride and just want 5 or 6 hours in St. John, why not take the Crown Bay or Charlotte Amalie ferries? The ferry ride is longer but it’s really nice. We prefer it to the bumpy taxi to Red Hook. The Crown Bay ferry has the added advantage of dropping you off down the hill from The Roti King.

Thats a great idea, I'll look into it

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2022 at 12:52 PM, Cool Breeze Cruiser said:

I will. Our cruise is going to San Juan, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua & St. Thomas. We are going with Calabaza Sailing again in Barbados. It is one of the best excursions we have ever done!

cannot agree more!!!! Calabaza was the Best Cat ride we've ever been on. Not only a great trip w/ turtles etc, but the crew bent over backwards to make it the BEST!

On 12/28/2022 at 4:05 AM, Sea-Bos said:

Trying to get enough interest in Mystic Man eco-adventure catamaran on St. Lucia.  $99/pp and need 10-12 total people for the 4/1 Voyager sailing. Let me know if interested.

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2022 at 7:50 AM, Cool Breeze Cruiser said:

We already have plans for the other ports but NCL changed our itinerary recently & we have 3 extra hours in St. Thomas so I want to maximize our time there. 
I think we are going to book a day sail with Independence Sailing. Pat has been very quick to respond & has excellent reviews.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjPiKLjrJz8AhVxLkQIHR4EC1gQFnoECCUQAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independence44.us%2F&usg=AOvVaw2QHmQG-sRvZHtmz8K91kbZ

Juli

Be careful, we just returned on Saturday and our 'on land' itinerary had us in port at STT until 7pm. Once on board, they changed it back to 5pm. No explanation... but it screwed my time at Lovato... Big Time!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 3:10 PM, Outta My Work Clothes said:

Be careful, we just returned on Saturday and our 'on land' itinerary had us in port at STT until 7pm. Once on board, they changed it back to 5pm. No explanation... but it screwed my time at Lovato... Big Time!

That stinks! We had an amazing long day in St. Thomas with Captain Pat & Independence Sailing. Captain Pat is an absolute delight!

We did the Ocean Surfari trip and had a good time, so I can recommend them as well if you love boating. HERE is my web blog of our day with them. 

If you are looking for something different, check out kayaking at Cas Caye in the Mangroves. It was an amazing trip and so much to see. It was the highlight of one of our trips there as well. We got to hold the jellyfish, learn some interesting things about the remote island that we kayaked to and did some awesome snorkeling and exploring. It was so much fun. My review with TONS of pictures is located HERE

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2023 at 7:00 AM, mitsugirly said:

We did the Ocean Surfari trip and had a good time, so I can recommend them as well if you love boating. HERE is my web blog of our day with them. 

If you are looking for something different, check out kayaking at Cas Caye in the Mangroves. It was an amazing trip and so much to see. It was the highlight of one of our trips there as well. We got to hold the jellyfish, learn some interesting things about the remote island that we kayaked to and did some awesome snorkeling and exploring. It was so much fun. My review with TONS of pictures is located HERE

Thanks Mitsugirly. I am just now seeing this post.

We are going back to St. Thomas  January 2024 & looking for another boating day. We will be in port from 11:30AM-7PM.

Our day with Pat & Independence Sailing in January was AMAZING even though it was cloudy & the seas were a bit rough. 
Pat will take out up to 6 people but it was just my husband & I & 2 friends on our day. Pat is a feisty, little woman who definitely knows her way around her sailboat that her husband built. She raised her two kids on the boat. 

The lunch she cooked & served was delicious too! I would recommend Independence Sailing 100%. It was worth every penny we paid!

• Like 1