Deja Vu All Over Again! - Mardi Gras NYE Mostly Live - Let's run it back!

TxTeach79

Miraculously, as exhausted as I’ve been, this is the second night in a row I can barely sleep if it all. The good news? It’s 2:50 AM EST and the passport has gone from Dallas to Houston and is currently at the FedEx hub in Memphis. #progress

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

Miraculously, as exhausted as I’ve been, this is the second night in a row I can barely sleep if it all. The good news? It’s 2:50 AM EST and the passport has gone from Dallas to Houston and is currently at the FedEx hub in Memphis. #progress

Not a bad thing, I am just up doing laundry and starting to pack. 

• Like 2

Some fun facts about what’s ahead while I can’t sleep - So on my solo MG trip thanksgiving week, other than a couple meals at Emerils (both outstanding), and one late night sushi bite at Bonsai, I stuck to quick service dining all over the ship, which is great for me and honestly what I think Carnival does best. This time, with B along for the ride, we’re gonna treat it a little differently. 

08876FE5-A9B4-4013-A6AA-CE1ECCB34D4F.thumb.jpeg.017d8d32cb6fcc1537fdd57f5355fda7.jpeg

we have Rudi’s on embarkation day. I’m a big seafood guy, so I’m super excited about this one. Now normally I would never do this on embarkation day - I like to start with a Fun Ship once I get onboard and party through Sailaway, have an easy buffet or quick service dinner, chill night. But this time? Sailing on NYE? Yeah, we need a concerted effort to make it to midnight! So pace the drinking, get a nice big meal in, play the long game. 

F8CF5F79-F70E-4EB5-A958-2AD4D91C8159.thumb.jpeg.da15d2bd867b7ae6c911051df541bb38.jpeg

Teppanyaki the next day. This one is one of our favorites, we loved it on the Horizon. I enjoyed it on NCL Breakaway too (it was better on Horizon). This was really the only day available for two by the time I booked it, but it works out because we have an early day in Nassau the next day. 

As for Nassau, we bought day passes to the RIU Paradise Island. That’ll be a float and drink in the pool by the beach day. 

CB47DF52-184A-40E3-9EEF-6139DBD21F1F.jpeg.1a73f65c46b326a4841e2a0659e7a988.jpeg

In Amber Cove, B picked this one out:

70270F50-C0A1-4246-9C00-3BD8FB0136F5.thumb.jpeg.94af651876956dc54da9aec305a02702.jpeg

and then in Grand Turk, we used OBC to book this one:

B5EFA055-8C3D-43F1-80C4-BF1842887A67.thumb.jpeg.e3867ca9eecc091371e1963e90ee47f3.jpeg

so basically that’s what we’re looking at! I’ll also likely hit ChiBang for the first time as well. 

• Like 6

Guys, I can’t stress enough what a wild ride that was. Between the Southwest meltdown and this…. I think B is feeling like herself for the first time in days! Time to go enjoy Epcot! But first, quick bagel sando at Pop!

AF6B553E-7687-42B6-B38B-0CD97F409E2C.jpeg

• Like 7

Yay!!!  So happy for you.  Your WDW and Pop pictures are making me miss WDW.  For six or seven years we went to WDW every September, then DS decided he didn't like it any longer.  DH and I would really like to go back but when I pulled up rates for October 23 Pop was approximately $250/night.  Crazy, if I recall we used to pay about $110/night.  Of course that was back in 2007-2013.  We get a military discount so will keep checking, but will not go back until/if the dining plan is reinstated.

• Like 1