Pre book Specialty Dining

hobo1937

Last week I went on the "app" and booked a reservation for Sabatini's for our Discovery cruise in April. The reservation shows up in the app, but Princess charged our credit card the $70 and no where is there any confirmation of payment. No email, nothing on the Personalizer, nothing I could find on the app to say it's been paid for. I also ordered a bottle water package and I received an email confirmation and it shows as being paid on the personalizer.It's been 3 years since we cruised but I thought Princess didn't charge until you had the dinner. I know HAL does charge at time of booking but you receive an email confirmation of payment. So if anyone can advise me of how this is supposed to work now, I would appreciate it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

I’d also like to know. I prebooked for our January cruise a few days ago, and the reservation shows in my app (and replaced my MDR that we had for the same evening) but I don’t see any other record of payment.

As you have discovered, the reservations show in "the app" in the Dine My Way section under "View or Book Individual Daily Reservations". That's the only place that our reservations have ever shown up as having been confirmed, aside from out credit card statements.  Princess do not send Email confirmations or, AFAIK, any other notifications

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, hobo1937 said:

Last week I went on the "app" and booked a reservation for Sabatini's for our Discovery cruise in April. The reservation shows up in the app, but Princess charged our credit card the $70 and no where is there any confirmation of payment. No email, nothing on the Personalizer, nothing I could find on the app to say it's been paid for. I also ordered a bottle water package and I received an email confirmation and it shows as being paid on the personalizer.It's been 3 years since we cruised but I thought Princess didn't charge until you had the dinner. I know HAL does charge at time of booking but you receive an email confirmation of payment. So if anyone can advise me of how this is supposed to work now, I would appreciate it. 

I screenshot the SD reservation in the App and of the charge on my CC.  For SD, that’s all you will see.

The items that you book on the cruise personalizer, onboard services items, you will get an email confirmation and it will show up on your travel summary.

I always print my travel summary to show all the onboard services I have purchased.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for clarifying the procedure. I did take a screen shot of the app reservation and will make a copy of my credit card statement with the charge. I always print the travel summary with the onboard services I have purchased and any OBC we have.

• Like 1

If you reserve prior to the cruise you will be charged. This is probably because of all the people who would reserve multiple dinners and then cancel a bunch when they got on board. Same goes with excursions   It used to be every slot would be reserved and then a bunch would open up when the cruise sailed. 

• Like 1

I don't want to derail the thread, but..... There is also an issue that those of us who have specialty dining as a booking perk, not intending to use OBC are also charged on our credit card.  What has happened to me is if I choose not to pay and I wait until boarding there is scant to no availability to book specialty dining. 

28 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but..... There is also an issue that those of us who have specialty dining as a booking perk, not intending to use OBC are also charged on our credit card.  What has happened to me is if I choose not to pay and I wait until boarding there is scant to no availability to book specialty dining. 

We have always been able to talk to restaurant managers when on board and been accommodated   Remember they do not offer every table on embarkation night so they can accommodate suite passengers who get complimentary dining on that day. We have called the dine line been told nothing available and walked up to the manager and gotten tables

7 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

If I book specialty dining on the app for my April cruise, will the charge be deducted from my available OBC or I need to pay with my credit card?  I know if book after getting on the ship, it will be deducted from OBC.  Thanks.

Payment will be taken automatically from your registered cc.

Our booking included 2 specialty restaurants for a cruise in 2024.  I booked one of the specialty dining reservations shortly after booking, not understanding how it worked, and was charged for it.

About 2 months later, I check the Dine My Way section of the app and saw that the specialty dining credits showed up.  I cancelled the original booking and rebooked.  The dining credits showed up in the payment section, and Princess credited my card for the original payment.

• Like 1