New military benefit: Princess Premier for the price of Princess Plus

PescadoAmarillo

7 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It will be interesting to hear what our TA finds out today, as I retired many moons ago back in 1994. 😂

Just heard from our TA. She was able to get our refare approved, to include getting the "new" Princess Plus package applied with the desserts, classes and addition excursion OBC to our booking. However, she tried her hardest, but was unable to get the military Premium Package upgrade applied. Can't complain too much though as the refare saved us about $2,000. 😉

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just heard from our TA. She was able to get our refare approved, to include getting the "new" Princess Plus package applied with the desserts, classes and addition excursion OBC to our booking. However, she tried her hardest, but was unable to get the military Premium Package upgrade applied. Can't complain too much though as the refare saved us about $2,000. 😉

Here's what was listed in our new confirmation under the Payment Details section:

Guests who book this promotion receive the following: *PLUS BEVERAGE PACKAGE with SERVICE CHARGE included for guests 1&2 who are 21 yrs old or older. Those under 21 will receive the Plus Coffee & Soda Package *WIFI is unlimited, one device per person (Gsts 1&2 only) *CREW APPRECIATION is pre-paid by Princess Cruises for guests 1&2. *PREMIUM DESSERTS (2 per day) *FITNESS CLASSES (2 classes) *JUICE BAR *FREE MEDALLION SHIPPING prior to sailing *ONBOARD CREDIT (All gsts): Int & O/V- $50 pp; Balcony- $100pp; M/S+- $150 pp Only applicable to voyages sailing ON or after February 20, 2023 **PPLUS is applicable to Guests 1&2 only This special promotion may not be combinable with other promotions. See your Booking Confirmation and Travel Summary for complete Terms & Conditions

18 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I followed up with our TA today to ask if Princess gave her a reason why they would not give us the Military upgrade to Premium during the refaring process? She said after talking with both her Princess contact as well as their manager, they said the military upgrade promotion to Premium was only applicable for new bookings. So if you by chance got the upgrade while refaring an existing booking, as some have noted, rather than booking/rebooking a cruise, consider yourself fortunate. 👍

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 8:03 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Did you refare an existing booking or book/rebook a cruise where you received a new booking number? 

Ken - sorry - I must have commented on something I took to mean something else 🙂  I just meant Princess had no problem verifying my military service having retired in 1993.  I didn't re-book or re-fare anything.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Ken - sorry - I must have commented on something I took to mean something else 🙂  I just meant Princess had no problem verifying my military service having retired in 1993.  I didn't re-book or re-fare anything.

No worries! BTW I was in for 20 years and 4 days and retired as an E-7 so I could get out and make some money! 😂

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

No worries! BTW I was in for 20 years and 4 days and retired as an E-7 so I could get out and make some money! 😂

You're cruising so that must have worked out for you 🙂  I would have stayed in forever - but the money was certainly better on the outside 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

You're cruising so that must have worked out for you 🙂  I would have stayed in forever - but the money was certainly better on the outside 🙂

I did OK plus I met a wonderful lady who also wanted to stay in forever until they kicked her out after 28 years! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2023 at 4:36 PM, ChangeOrder said:

It works! My TA was able to re-fare my March 2024 cruise to get this new benefit, and I saved a bit from a slight fare drop. All I gave her was the screenshot from OP. 

I’ll post any proof of the benefit from the Princess site once it shows up in my personalizer.

Edit: It must have required a full re-book, as I can see my booking code is different now. 

Are you active military?  My CVP said it was for new bookings for active military only. But the OP screen shot seems to contradict this. Or are a veteran able to pay for plus and be upgraded for free? I’m going to really bug my CVP to get this benefit.  Thanks in advance. 

8 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Are you active military?  My CVP said it was for new bookings for active military only. But the OP screen shot seems to contradict this. Or are a veteran able to pay for plus and be upgraded for free? I’m going to really bug my CVP to get this benefit.  Thanks in advance. 

Let us know how it goes. Hopefully your CVP, especially if they’re a Princess VP, will have an inside track on which buttons to push to get you the upgrade some of us couldn’t get.

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Let us know how it goes. Hopefully your CVP, especially if they’re a Princess VP, will have an inside track on which buttons to push to get you the upgrade some of us couldn’t get.

He is a princess CVP and said customer relations told him only active military qualified. I’m wondering if @ChangeOrderis active military and that’s why they got the free upgrade or are they a veteran and still got it. If the later I will go back to my CVP and push harder. But only if I know someone else says they were a vet and got it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

He is a princess CVP and said customer relations told him only active military qualified. I’m wondering if @ChangeOrderis active military and that’s why they got the free upgrade or are they a veteran and still got it. If the later I will go back to my CVP and push harder. But only if I know someone else says they were a vet and got it. 

I'd suggest that person has no idea....  The flyer itself says active and retired etc.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

It can’t hurt to ask. Both my DW and I are retired military and our TA’s Princess POC and their manager told her the military upgrade only applies to new bookings. 

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

HA! Never been called that before!😉

I have several OLD military buddies that still get together every Friday afternoon (today) for Happy Hour.  At 77 I am close to being the "baby" of the group. But when we were all getting ready to retire the thing was to go over 30 because when you did you would be credited with a 10th Good Conduct Medal, and since you can't get that many clusters on the medal you had to use 2 medals with clusters to fit them all :-  Great reason, right?? 🙂  Anyway - that's when the 30 years, 14 days comes in.  Two of my buddies had more "days" than I did - so to them I'm a quitter 🙂  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bjkTX said:

I'd suggest that person has no idea....  The flyer itself says active and retired etc.

He said that Princess Customer Relations gave him that answer. And @Ken the cruiserit is for a brand new booking that is included for this promo. I’ve worked with him for many years and he’s been excellent.  I think he got a clueless CR person and didn’t challenge it. I’ve sent him a screenshot and asked him to pursue this again. I’ll let you know the outcome. 

• Like 1

I am not active duty, and have long had pre-verified "Veteran" status with Princess. My TA got the deal for me, and it was definitely a re-book with new booking number. In my case I just set up this booking in December using an FCD, so re-booking now was not a big deal for us.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, ED49404 said:

If you are already getting the Military Benefit, I would think it would be easy for Princess to decide if you are eligible for the new promotion.

It was in our case. They told our TA it had to be a new booking rather than a refare of an existing booking. That was pretty much the bottom line. So, if you don't mind cancelling and then rebooking an existing cruise, seems doable as @ChangeOrdermentioned earlier.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3