FBC Question

TMaine

I have read a number of threads here as well as the terms and conditions on the Celebrity website regarding flights booked through Celebrity. I can not find anything about canceling a flight if I choose the "pay later" option. Some have said that they booked multiple flights when prices dropped and canceled previous bookings without a fee. Is that only for refundable fare tickets? If I book flights now for our August trip and the price drops, can I rebook with the new fare and no penalty? 

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, TMaine said:

I have read a number of threads here as well as the terms and conditions on the Celebrity website regarding flights booked through Celebrity. I can not find anything about canceling a flight if I choose the "pay later" option. Some have said that they booked multiple flights when prices dropped and canceled previous bookings without a fee. Is that only for refundable fare tickets? If I book flights now for our August trip and the price drops, can I rebook with the new fare and no penalty? 

Thank you! 

I used FBC for our Transatlantic cruise on Constellation last month when Celebrity was offering a modest airfare discount. After making my initial non-refundable air choices when I booked the cruise, a week later air fares dropped by $100 and I was able to rebook the air to take advantage of it with no penalty other than waiting on the phone for 40 minutes. At the time I had not paid for the airplane tickets as I chose to wait until I paid the cruise in full. 

A couple months later, Celebrity offered a $500 airfare discount. I was unable to take advantage of that because it required me to rebook the entire cruise which had become more expensive by then thus offsetting any air savings. The reduced airfare was considered part of the overall cruise promotion. 

ABCB102D-A18B-4B69-9F0A-83152B92D96C.thumb.jpeg.acc3d07d4da6d65816d11a8822bff48f.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

2 hours ago, TMaine said:

Thank you! 

Generally there is no fee to cancel a flight prior to final payment date if you selected a refundable fee.  After final payment they charge an "Administrative" fee.   After the shut down most of Celebrity's fares are Non-Refundable but I've seen some non-refundable ones when searching -

FAQ

Yes, you can cancel your flight. Cancellation penalties vary based on the type of ticket that you purchased. Non-refundable tickets will not provide a refund, however, some airlines will issue you a credit for the value of your air ticket valid for one year from the date of issue. Additional fees and penalties will apply at the time of re-use. If you have purchased a refundable ticket, cancellations are subject to a fee with the balance refunded to the last form of payment used on your cruise reservation.

Just be very careful and stay within those 90 days.  If you cannot do that and your tickets are refundable, you will pay $200 pp.  If you, for some reason, do not cancel at all, the entire fare is lost.  We were getting a refund for a cruise with FBC, but if I did not personally cancel before the cruise date, I would have lost my entire fare, even though it was Covid related.  So waiting for something to happen and expecting what you were told, doesn't mean a lot with FBC, even though they are under the umbrella of Celebrity.