First Timer Any "Insider" Tips ?

itzfitz

13 hours ago, PSR said:

Is this also true on Regatta?

The front elevators go up to Horizons & down to Deck 3  when they have tendering

If you use  the aft elevators  to go up then you need to cross the pool deck the take the stairs or the elevator 1 deck up

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Huib said:

,,,We are going on our first cruise on February 19 with Sirena to celebrate our 25th anniversary. ...

We have two reservations for each of the two specialty restaurants. Do I understand correctly that you can go more often if there is space available?

We have concierge service included. What can we expect from it? How can we use it to our best advantage?...

Yes, after you embark you can ask about openings in the specialty reservations. If this is important, do this when you embark to make actual additional reservations. Deck 4 (which has Reception Desk, Destination Service and the Concierge.

Unfortunately on Sirena, unlike on Riviera/Marina, there is no Concierge Lounge. Being A1-2 Concierge means you have access to the spa therapy pool & area forward as well as some perks like a bottle of champagne, etc.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Huib said:

Great thread! We are going on our first cruise on February 19 with Sirena to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We took a deep dive going with Oceania as we never sailed with them before — in fact this will be our first cruise ever! Our travel agent pointed us to Oceania after an interview with us and said that this line would be the best fit. We went with his recommendation. 

We have two reservation for each of the two specialty restaurants. Do I understand correctly that you can go more often if there is space available?

We have concierge service included. What can we expect from it? How can we use it to our best advantage?

You get extra perks  like  a bottle of bubbly  board a bit earlier  get to book your specialty restaurant 60 days out

tote bag  (if they have them from the suppliers)

use of the spa terrace

3 free bags of laundry

you can order lunch/dinner  from the GDR menu in the cabin  during dining hours

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, LHT28 said:

The front elevators go up to Horizons & down to Deck 3  when they have tendering

If you use  the aft elevators  to go up then you need to cross the pool deck the take the stairs or the elevator 1 deck up

Isn't this the case for Riviera/Marina? On Regatta we could take the "library elevators/stairs" (deck 10 aft) then walk to Horizons (deck 10 forward) by dodging users on the fitness track (above the pool).

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Isn't this the case for Riviera/Marina? On Regatta we could take the "library elevators/stairs" (deck 10 aft) then walk to Horizons (deck 10 forward) by dodging users on the fitness track (above the pool).

Yes  you can go that way as well 

still you will need to go outside if you take the aft elevators  which I guess I failed to mention in detail

Both size ships  are the same

Take the forward elevators if you want to avoid going outside  to get to Horizons

Hope that helps

• Like 2

On 1/13/2023 at 5:23 PM, Greyhound Crazy said:

LOVE Clamato juice. 

I would think that if they do have chai tea lattes, they would be complimentary but I have no idea if they have them. 

We just booked our first Oceania Cruise last week; I'm enjoying this thread immensely. It's very helpful. Hopefully someone will know the answer about the Clamato juice question..

Can't make a michelada without Clamato!

• Like 1

Can anyone let me know how on-board charges are settled? On the line we've previously sailed our card on record would be charged at some predefined level, e.g. once your on-board charges hits $500 your CC is charged. 

Not very important, just curios as to how it works.

Thanks

John

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, johnwelch62 said:

Can anyone let me know how on-board charges are settled? On the line we've previously sailed our card on record would be charged at some predefined level, e.g. once your on-board charges hits $500 your CC is charged. 

Thanks

John

AFAIK

you register  a CC at check in then the last day of the cruise it is posted to your CC

Just  to add  I do not know if they put  a hold on the credit card or not I never check my card

I have a enough credit limit to cover what I spend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, johnwelch62 said:

Thanks

John

We were on Onward last month - first AZ cruise. I had registered a card beforehand (online, I believe) and it about three days into the cruise they did a $100 pre-authorization. They charged the balance of my account on the last night. 

Kevin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We’re considering interior cabins (F) on R-class ships and most of them are either quad or triple with Pullman…are those extra beds recessed into the ceiling?

Or are they like on Princess where they protrude about a foot from the sidewalls even when stored. We got that type of Princess cabin as a free upgrade to an oceanview & don’t want such a configuration again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We’re considering interior cabins (F) on R-class ships and most of them are either quad or triple with Pullman…are those extra beds recessed into the ceiling?

Or are they like on Princess where they protrude about a foot from the sidewalls even when stored. We got that type of Princess cabin as a free upgrade to an oceanview & don’t want such a configuration again.

Here is a link that contains an ancient (last decade 😉 ) photo.
https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2269754-pullman-bed-in-inside-cabin/

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2023 at 6:13 PM, oceanpark said:

Does Oceania have chai tea lattes and if so, are they complimentary?  Many cruise companies don’t have Clamato juice, does Oceania?

Months later I have spotted chai latte in a Waves photo and remembered someone had asked! I can't promise it is good chai, but it seems to be there (look for the Waves breakfast menu):

On 1/7/2023 at 5:25 PM, Astro Flyer said:
  • Non-alcoholic drinks: Are included sodas in cans or from a bar soda gun? Are there smoothies & blended coffee drinks such as a Frappuccino?

Don't miss the Ily Crema! It was a huge favorite of ours, but the large is way too big, so maybe stick to the smallest size. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2023 at 5:13 PM, oceanpark said:

Does Oceania have chai tea lattes and if so, are they complimentary?  Many cruise companies don’t have Clamato juice, does Oceania?

oceanpark..Those are the 2 items I enjoy as well!!! Twins?? 🙂 "Tazo" makes a Chai Tea Latte Black Tea Concentrate that comes in a box. I find it in the tea aisle at my local grocery store. I'm planning on bringing a box with me just in case. I've been told that this is what is used at Starbucks and it tastes pretty similar to me. My TA confirmed that there usually is Clamato on board. 

4 hours ago, Wasasalad said:

What is the IIy Crema? It doesn’t sound familiar. 

"illycrema" is a coffee ice cream made of 100% illy Arabica coffeebeans ...

Edited by gcmv

50 minutes ago, johnwelch62 said:

I did a search on "security photo" but found nothing that answers my questions. When checking in do we just need to upload a photo (headshot)? Are there any requirements for the photo? 

I've always uploaded a passport photo.  That has always done the trick.  But chances are they are going to take another photo of you at embarkation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1