Crown Grill for someone who doesn’t eat steak or seafood

Tina1967

We have 2 speciality restaurants included in our package on Grand Princess and want to go to Crown Grill. One of us however doesn’t eat steak, lamb or seafood is it possible to substitute either for chicken or even a vegetarian option? 

Thanks in advance for any replies 🙂

5 minutes ago, Tina1967 said:

We have 2 speciality restaurants included in our package on Grand Princess and want to go to Crown Grill. One of us however doesn’t eat steak, lamb or seafood is it possible to substitute either for chicken or even a vegetarian option? 

Thanks in advance for any replies 🙂

Have you looked at the menu? 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/Onboard_Experience/Crown-Grill-Menu-Sample.pdf

As vegetarians, we do better at Sabatinis.

• Like 1

Thanks had a look at Crown Grill menu the problem is that I eat steaks etc the menu looks lovely but my partner wouldn’t eat any of the meat or seafood options and just wondered if anyone had this problem before and what they did 🙂 we plan to eat at Sabatinis as well.

Edited by Tina1967

You have 2 vouchers.  I travel with a vegetarian.  We eat at Crown Grill for me and Sabatini’s for other.  Vegetarian has other dietary issues and is very limiting in the Crown Grill.  Your travel partner may be able to find enough to eat since you can order multiple dishes.   You can not order chicken.  

Vegetarian options include a nice salad, creamed spinach, baked potato with fixings, asparagus, black and blue onion soup (outstanding but salty), mushrooms, super great new bread, and maybe a few other options.  

2 hours ago, Tina1967 said:

Thanks had a look at Crown Grill menu the problem is that I eat steaks etc the menu looks lovely but my partner wouldn’t eat any of the meat or seafood options and just wondered if anyone had this problem before and what they did 🙂 we plan to eat at Sabatinis as well.

I know there are people that won’t order shellfish but will eat a mild fish.  The Chilean Sea Bass at the Crown Grill is superb and has a very mild flavor.  The Sole Piccata at Sabatini’s is also and excellent choice if fishy flavors bother your partner.  
No matter what, they truly won’t go hungry at either restaurant.  There are so many non meat items to choose from.  The black and blue onion soup at the Crown Grill is like a meal in its own.  

If your ship has a Salty Dig Gastropub, that may also be another option.  I know I love their chicken sandwich and they also have a grilled cheese with white tomato soup that so yummmmm!  They also have several small plates with no meat.  

Whether I go to the Crown Grill, the Gastropub or Sabatini’s, I can never finish everything that is served to me.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

Ate at Crown night. My partner and I don't eat meat, or seafood. We had no issue. I never feel uncomfortable asking server to increase portion sizes of all the dishes we order. I'm a big dessert person, but both of us were too full to even share a dessert.

• Like 3