Cancellation penalty

homeatlast

We needed to cancel a cruise reservation for next May.  We had just booked the cruise about a week ago and we will be hit with a $250 pp cancellation penalty.  Any idea whether this can be used as a future cruise credit at some point?  My guess is no.

If so, the lesson is don't be too quick to book a cruise.

The  Admin fee  can be used on future  cruise bookings

Unless things have changed  it should be noted on your invoice

look for  the + sign in the notes  that is next to the admin fee

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005306234-What-is-your-cancellation-and-refund-policy-

Cruises 15 days or more except 180-Day Voyages: 

DAYS PRIOR TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT 
151-180 Days Prior - $250 per guest administrative fee+
121-150 Days Prior - 25% of Fare 
91-120 Days Prior - 50% of Fare 
61-90 Days Prior - 75% of Fare 
0-60 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

Not any longer, old policy or at least that is what I have heard. We just had two friends opt out of a Founder’s Cruise and they were told the Fee can not be applied to a Future Cruise like in the past. Call it a Balance Sheet move 🤬.

Mauibabes

17 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Not any longer, old policy or at least that is what I have heard. We just had two friends opt out of a Founder’s Cruise and they were told the Fee can not be applied to a Future Cruise like in the past. Call it a Balance Sheet move 🤬.

Mauibabes

Unless one booked onboard- in which case you get one free cruise change.

38 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Unless one booked onboard- in which case you get one free cruise change.

Are you sure? This is not what our reservation says - booked in May 2022. Also friends booked the same cruise a week ago, same thing. Maybe it's different in Canada?

image.png.9f454ad9170d27f2798117222120c0b6.png

Edited by ak1004
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Are you sure? This is not what our reservation says - booked in May 2022. Also friends booked the same cruise a week ago, same thing. Maybe it's different in Canada?

image.png.9f454ad9170d27f2798117222120c0b6.png

if you booked onboard  I would check with Oceania 

You usually can change to another cruise   with no penalties

unless that has now changed also

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

if you booked onboard  I would check with Oceania 

You usually can change to another cruise   with no penalties

unless that has now changed also

Both reservations were made not on board. We booked in May 2022, our friends a week ago. This is a screenshot of the reservation.

I have a cruise booked for Sept. 2, 2023 on Sirena. My TA invoice says penalties start at 5/5/2023 which is 120 days before the sailing. The invoice also says final payment is due 4/24/2023. I made this reservation 6/1/2022. 

If the admin fee can no longer be applied a future cruise then O will see a slew of cancellations well before the 121 day mark.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, homeatlast said:

We needed to cancel a cruise reservation for next May.  We had just booked the cruise about a week ago and we will be hit with a $250 pp cancellation penalty.  Any idea whether this can be used as a future cruise credit at some point?  My guess is no.

For sailings booked July 1st, 2022 or after, the $250.00 per person penalty can no longer be converted into future cruise credits.

Shari

Edited by Sharicruz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, homeatlast said:

Instead of speculating with a "guess" and getting everyone worked up with more speculation, it is best to check with your TA or Oceania. 

Edited by edgee
Clarity
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, edgee said:

Instead of speculating with a "guess" and getting everyone worked up with more speculation, it is best to check with your TA or Oceania. However, since you asked, AFAIK the $250 administrative fee can always be used toward booking of a new cruise.

This policy changed on July 1st, 2022 for sailings booked from this date on.  The $250.00 administrative fee can no longer be used as a future cruise credit toward another sailing.

Edited by Sharicruz
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Both reservations were made not on board. We booked in May 2022, our friends a week ago. This is a screenshot of the reservation.

if you did not book onboard  then  the current cancellation  rules apply 

1 hour ago, Sharicruz said:

This policy changed on July 1st, 2022 for sailings booked from this date on.  The $250.00 administrative fee can no longer be used as a future cruise credit toward another sailing.

But, does that include elimination of the “book onboard perk” allowing one deposit transfer?

5 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

But, does that include elimination of the “book onboard perk” allowing one deposit transfer?

You can move the deposit and onboard booking savings once, however, you cannot be in penalty.  This has not changed.

5 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

• Thanks 1

I think there is some confusion here.

Are we talking about cancellations within the penalty periods (120 or 180 days prior to cruising, depending on the cruise length) or before the penalty period? Looks like when cancelling before the penalty period, there is still zero penalty, but when cancelling within the penalty period (120-90 or 180-90 days or whatever it is), there is $250 USD ($350 CAD) "admin fee" that previously could be used for future cruise credit, but now is non refundable.

If this is the case, this is still reasonable to me - it means we still can book 2 years in advance with no risk.

3 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

I think there is some confusion here.

Are we talking about cancellations within the penalty periods (120 or 180 days prior to cruising, depending on the cruise length) or before the penalty period? Looks like when cancelling before the penalty period, there is still zero penalty, but when cancelling within the penalty period (120-90 or 180-90 days or whatever it is), there is $250 USD ($350 CAD) "admin fee" that previously could be used for future cruise credit, but now is non refundable.

If this is the case, this is still reasonable to me - it means we still can book 2 years in advance with no risk.

57 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Clarification...you can move the onboard savings and deposit once but if you are canceling the sailing you are moving it from and are in penalty, those penalties will be assessed.

1 hour ago, Sharicruz said:

Clarification...you can move the onboard savings and deposit once but if you are canceling the sailing you are moving it from and are in penalty, those penalties will be assessed.

Thank you for the wonderful and clear clarification! 🙏