What to do at Circular Quay for 5 hours with baggage??

bazzaw

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We usually drop our bags and then enjoy a walk along the waterfront and around to the botanical Gardens 

Nice walk observing all the nationalities, seeing some passengers sitting with their luggage.  Add an ice cream and it becomes a perfect way to fill in time before a cruise.  My girlfriend departs on a cruise to NZ from Brisbane today, so I'm feeling in cruise mood.  

3 hours ago, buchhalm said:

I agree.

It's a bit much if you want to see anything else.

I'd stick to the Rocks and around the Opera House. Perhaps the botanical gardens, if that's your thing.

If you are moderately energetic and don't mind a long flight of stairs:

Take the 5-minute ferry ride to Milsons Point (from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay). From there follow the signs to Milsons Point TRAIN station. (5 minutes)

From there you can access the steps up to the pedestrian walkway across the Harbour Bridge for spectacular views. Cross the bridge, and on the city end stick to your left and you end up in the Rocks and eventually back at Circular Quay. I find that by doing the walk in that order it's nicer, because you have the city/opera house in front of you and it's easier to find the bridge access (well, EXIT in that case) on the city side.

The stairs are on the Kirribilli side of the station and they now have a lift there, and a other lift on the Cahill Expressway which you can get to after crossing the bridge so people who can't handle stairs can enjoy the bridge walk. And, of course, you can get to/from Milsons Point by train by changing trains at Wynyard Station.

Or you can do the walk both ways and have lunch at one of the Milsons Point or Kirribilli cafes.

• Like 1