A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

6 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Don't kick her off the boat yet, Lois - she still has 12 days to go.

Ohhhh sorry about that. I was under the impression they had just returned home.

My bad.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Ohhhh sorry about that. I was under the impression they had just returned home.

My bad.

I’ve just been working on my latest holiday vid Lois that features the solo verandah on the edge. Hopefully will finish it before you sail.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I’ve just been working on my latest holiday vid Lois that features the solo verandah on the edge. Hopefully will finish it before you sail.

Hi Davy, I am not sailing on an E class ship. Eclipse is an S class. But will be happy to check out your video🙂

14 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

I have booked the solo infinity for November next year, Sydney to Tassie, and then to NZ.  You inspired me to try it.

49 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Davy, I am not sailing on an E class ship. Eclipse is an S class. But will be happy to check out your video🙂

Sorry Lois, my mistake.

23 minutes ago, Port Power said:

I have booked the solo infinity for November next year, Sydney to Tassie, and then to NZ.  You inspired me 

9 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

Oh mysty !  Say  it isn't so   .... only 12 days to  go  !!

Oh yes,  it be so!  🙄  I hope I remember how to do a laundry! 😅

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

I have booked the solo infinity for November next year, Sydney to Tassie, and then to NZ.  You inspired me to try it.

Hi,🙂 I sailed Infinity many years ago. Hope you have a good time. She is smaller than the E class ships too. She is the group of Celebrity ships called "M" class. (the M class are the Millennium Class).

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi,🙂 I sailed Infinity many years ago. Hope you have a good time. She is smaller than the E class ships too. She is the group of Celebrity ships called "M" class. (the M class are the Millennium Class).

Lois, I have sailed on Celebrity Infinity through the Panama Canal in the past and liked the smaller ship.  Also C. Millennium Hong Kong to Singapore. However, in this post I was referring to the solo infinity cabin on Celebrity Edge, responding to @DavyWavey70 when he said he is going to post his video from his January cruise in said cabin.

In Haines,  Alaska today.   Weather continues to dampen down what are probably spectacular vistas to washed out shades of gray.  Holding out hope that things improve!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mysty said:

In Haines,  Alaska today.   Weather continues to dampen down what are probably spectacular vistas to washed out shades of gray.  Holding out hope that things improve!

That’s such a shame M, Haines is the most beautiful sail in I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 2

Sailing Tracy Arm and our tiny view of the Sawyer Glacier was the icing on the cake for Alaska.  Bright sunshine and beautiful scenery made the previous days of rain and cold seem like simply the lead-up to the wonder.

DSC01766.JPG.6c1e1f98b81e39923f19118506492f62.JPG

DSC01763.JPG.1c03774e62350fe77ea8c62f4bfbde2f.JPG

DSC01767.JPG.66296d620459efeb444ef93328d38072.JPG

DSC01768.JPG.cd591f77532eb80a41554429e4f4c2b5.JPG

DSC01769.JPG.b5a91ca4b16303e76f7e7153b9007f71.JPG

Sawyer Glacier peeks out from the center of the photo.  There were large floes that prevented us from getting any closer.

IMG_3553b.jpeg.7a8b54905028404d7a07b3a42694e5a3.jpeg

DSC01772.JPG

• Like 10

10 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

What an experience M! Savour every second xxx

Ohh Mysty and Mr M saviour these  last few days   ,,,,  because  when  you get home  ,,  the sh!t  will hit the rotating blades  and you will be back   with all of us  ... living life  !!

We have  so  enjoyed  living this world cruise with you and myster,  you  (we)  have had such fun,  joining  in on all your  adventures,  thanks  so  much  for including all of us the CC  family.

I prescribe that you sleep  for a week  when  you get home   ...  and  dont think  about the dust  !  

• Like 9

3 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

Ohh Mysty and Mr M saviour these  last few days   ,,,,  because  when  you get home  ,,  the sh!t  will hit the rotating blades  and you will be back   with all of us  ... living life  !!

We have  so  enjoyed  living this world cruise with you and myster,  you  (we)  have had such fun,  joining  in on all your  adventures,  thanks  so  much  for including all of us the CC  family.

I prescribe that you sleep  for a week  when  you get home   ...  and  dont think  about the dust  !  

Thank you @rojaan19 !  So far my hamster wheel brain has not ventured into the horrors that await back home.   It's currently busy terrifying me with the looming task of packing up our temporary home on the high seas.  I plan to pull out 2 more suitcases today in and attempt to get the hamster to calm down. 😅

• Like 4

As reported by @Silver Spectre on his thread,  we are back to rain and chill.  Our one day of grace with glorious sun was apparently the limit of our reward for enduring the many days of inclement weather.   At least the reward was well-timed! 😁

• Like 6