Royal Caribbean Diamond Vouchers

Does anybody have any firsthand experience on how the diamond vouchers work on cruises from Australia? We are sailing on Ovation in February and I just had a look at the drinks menus. I noticed that all cocktails are $15. As per the rules, the vouchers cover drinks up to $14. Are they actually charging the additional $1 per drink? I am absolutely fine if they do, but I am just curious what to expect.

Corinna

23 minutes ago, dolphingirl47 said:

Does anybody have any firsthand experience on how the diamond vouchers work on cruises from Australia? We are sailing on Ovation in February and I just had a look at the drinks menus. I noticed that all cocktails are $15. As per the rules, the vouchers cover drinks up to $14. Are they actually charging the additional $1 per drink? I am absolutely fine if they do, but I am just curious what to expect.

Corinna

As diamond you get 4 drinks from 5:00 am and another 4 the next day and so on.

To my experience and talking to others ,nobody has never been charged extra .

You can ask for a double and it’s included in the voucher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dolphingirl47 said:

Thanks for this. We occasionally had to pay a Dollar or two extra for a glass of wine if it went over the allowance. However, there were alternatives available that would have been included.

Corinna

Here’s some of the prices from a couple of weeks ago . Most drinks were about $10U.S.  Like the U.K. we don’t like that gratuity thing and it’s included in the price.E6F672A3-A81C-4A39-9CDB-12D07E45C6E4.thumb.jpeg.33dc193daffca1d302022b6d98f6c120.jpeg5AD91CFB-2363-4D0F-B8AE-C21E9E542E74.thumb.jpeg.2caa52de5679742b2f3e726c8ce4e372.jpeg1DA8620D-0223-48FC-BC29-3F44651E5284.thumb.jpeg.43c47eb5e7b142da8e2b049fc3ae416d.jpeg5A3393CE-A729-4B14-8E9B-C4888CD6D0F0.thumb.jpeg.6eca48a90e971022137cd717bf6f9c19.jpeg42A11C19-1B17-41F7-950D-4225269119F2.thumb.jpeg.0450c7f84a18920402da53cc5fb6394a.jpeg

• Thanks 2

We just did back to back on ovation wasn't happy I ordered a glass of glenfidick and a can of coke to mix and they hit me with 2 vouchers for the one drink even though I had the refreshment package.

On 1/1/2023 at 4:51 PM, RosieCanberra said:

We disembarked Quantum 21 December. Mic was drinking Mojitos which I'm pretty sure are USD15 a pop and we didn't get charged anything additional. I usually had a Mud Slide at USD12. 

We love the new voucher system. 

We also thought this new system was great. 5 drinks a day was actually more than enough and I could drink Chandon which I like very much.Our only problem was we were often charged for a glass or two, but was quickly rectified. We don’t drink cocktails, but saw many that were.

• Like 1

Loved the vouchers, ordered a double scotch (miscommunication, as I had wanted a Johny Walker double black) once and it used 2 of the vouchers.

While the unlimited drinks in the Diamond club during happy hour was good it was excessive and did make the club much too busy.

On 1/5/2023 at 9:51 AM, Michael61 said:

We just did back to back on ovation wasn't happy I ordered a glass of glenfidick and a can of coke to mix and they hit me with 2 vouchers for the one drink even though I had the refreshment package.

It was two drinks , the refreshments package  is bar mix only not cans . If bar mix not working  you may get a can .

15 minutes ago, Queensland Girl said:

I am 
Diamond Plus so will get 5 drink vouchers each day.   I will be on Qantam of the seas.   Is there a Diamond Lounge at night and if so do you use your vouchers in there as well as any bar.  Thanks Judy

16730552361324259174031500680561.thumb.jpg.0ecee0df60ecfac45df7146b23938f66.jpg16730553968387566222605675328432.thumb.jpg.6b8113c8707f90fa2be4c3b672d03746.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Queensland Girl said:

I am 
Diamond Plus so will get 5 drink vouchers each day.   I will be on Qantam of the seas.   Is there a Diamond Lounge at night and if so do you use your vouchers in there as well as any bar.  Thanks Judy

Any bar all day Judy ,don’t worry about the diamond lounge other than the coffee machine.

4 hours ago, Queensland Girl said:

I am 

I was on Quantam in November, I am diamond I only used the Diamond lounge to get coffee, we used our four vouchers in the bars around the ship and occasionally a drink with dinner. If you are in a suite above junior suite you can use the concierge lounge on deck 12 and drinks there in happy hour are not taken off your daily vouchers, so a couple of drinks there before dinner and you still have your vouchers to use later.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Queensland Girl said:

I am 

Yes it is open all day and night as well, 24/7, they put on a continental breakfast, morning tea, light lunch, and candles as well as the coffee machine there is tea and hot chocolate.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Yes it is open all day and night as well, 24/7, they put on a continental breakfast, morning tea, light lunch, and candles as well as the coffee machine there is tea and hot chocolate.

Sorry meant to say you use your vouchers in there as well between 4.30pm to 7.30pm.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Canapes not candles.

I swear spellcheck is my worst enema.

• Haha 4