Attention HAL Cabin Experts

WaterSky

We are on the Oosterdam in late spring 2023.   We booked a Neptune Suite on a guarantee.

The company assigned a SC designation.  What are the differences between SA, SB and SC.

Looking at deck plans I don't seem to see obstructed views.   Would the SC cabins be excessively

noisy?  Is it the position of the room relative to front, rear or center?  I have has Neptune Suites

many times in the past and have never had a bad cabin.

Your opinion and advice please.

17 minutes ago, WaterSky said:

We are on the Oosterdam in late spring 2023.   We booked a Neptune Suite on a guarantee.

The company assigned a SC designation.  What are the differences between SA, SB and SC.

Looking at deck plans I don't seem to see obstructed views.   Would the SC cabins be excessively

noisy?  Is it the position of the room relative to front, rear or center?  I have has Neptune Suites

Since you have been in many NS's in the past and have looked at deck plans, you can see the general locations of the three classes.  For instance, the SA's are usually mid-ship.  As to whether a particular cabin is susceptible to noise, the cabin no. would be helpful.  We have been in an NS over the Lido but did not find the noise of chairs being moved early in the morning, to be very annoying.  For other people, however, that might be a deal breaker.  People have also complained about cabins over an entertainment, late-night area.  

26 minutes ago, WaterSky said:

What are the differences between SA, SB and SC.

26 minutes ago, WaterSky said:

I have has Neptune Suites

Then shouldn't you be the HAL cabin expert?  I'm not sure if this is a humblebrag or inadvertence.

• Like 1

In my experience with the Neptunes on various ships, I have noticed that the SC cabins seem to there in order for HAL to sell guarantees.  There is a noticeable price difference between an SC and an SA (or SB).  WHile the SCs are generally further away from the Neptune Lounge, the cabins otherwise are the same.  I also think that the aft-wrap Neptunes are a bit smaller than the other Neptunes, not including the large balconies.

13 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

In my experience with the Neptunes on various ships, I have noticed that the SC cabins seem to there in order for HAL to sell guarantees.  There is a noticeable price difference between an SC and an SA (or SB).  WHile the SCs are generally further away from the Neptune Lounge, the cabins otherwise are the same.  I also think that the aft-wrap Neptunes are a bit smaller than the other Neptunes, not including the large balconies.

The aft wraps (SB) vary in size, especially on the Vistas. But oh, those balconies! I would happily trade some indoor space to get that wrap balcony.

On K'dam, the bathroom for the aft wrap we had was terrible. The shower was smaller than a standard US phone booth! And no shower over the tub. I never had such an inconvenient bathroom in a Vista Neptune.  The SA neptune I had on the K'dam was definitely larger and had an excellent bathroom. But, IIRC, neither Neptune on the K'dam had that nice dressing area by the bathroom.

Anyone have an idea of what the best deck is for a Neptune Aft Wrap Cabin on Nieuw Statendam? I assume cabins are the same size but usually aft cabins have different size balconies deck to deck. Appreciate the help because I can't find an answer anywhere.

13 minutes ago, dave7502 said:

Anyone have an idea of what the best deck is for a Neptune Aft Wrap Cabin on Nieuw Statendam? I assume cabins are the same size but usually aft cabins have different size balconies deck to deck. Appreciate the help because I can't find an answer anywhere.

This question gets asked quite frequently. The aft wrap balconies and cabins ARE NOT the same size. We have been all aft wraps except Deck 4 on the Pinnacle class ships. Deck 5 and 6 are noticeably smaller cabins. Deck 7 is my choice, followed by Deck 8.

Balconies also vary. Deck 4 aft wrap balconies are much larger than any of the other. Deck 7 is the next largest,  followed closely by Deck 6 and Deck 8. Deck 5 is the smallest. 

• Like 1

A quick glance at the deck plans and there seems to be six SC cabins:

6164 & 6175

7084, 7089, 7086, 7091

The cabins on the 6th deck are completely at the stern of the ship.  I would suspect that you will hear the noise of the ship's wake.  You will also most likely feel more movement in these cabins.  

The cabins on the 7th deck are in the aft of the ship.  There are Signature Suites above them on deck 8 and deck 6 below.  

Location is very important to me when selecting a cabin.  We have in the past rolled the upgrade dice and have had great experiences.  We have though also had cabins in the aft and the bow.  The aft we didn't notice a lot of movement but we did notice a lot more walking.  lol.  The bow wasn't the greatest as I did notice the movement and as I suffer from motion sickness it was after that experience that we no longer roll the dice with upgrades.