which ship is better Vista or Horizon?

Illbcruzn4life

The ships are very similar, with Horizon receiving minor upgrades as the second ship in the class. The aft extended family harbor balconies are only on Horizon; these cabins are Oceanview only on Vista. If you like a large balcony with full sun, these cabins are awesome, even for someone without children. 

I would take either of these ships over the Panorama, which replaced the IMAX theater with a trampoline park. I wish Carnival would have carried over the movie theaters to the newer ships, but I guess they didn't generate enough revenue relative to the space they take up. 

18 minutes ago, brilliantseas said:

The ships are very similar, with Horizon receiving minor upgrades as the second ship in the class. The aft extended family harbor balconies are only on Horizon; these cabins are Oceanview only on Vista. If you like a large balcony with full sun, these cabins are awesome, even for someone without children. 

I would take either of these ships over the Panorama, which replaced the IMAX theater with a trampoline park. I wish Carnival would have carried over the movie theaters to the newer ships, but I guess they didn't generate enough revenue relative to the space they take up. 

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate your input. I'll have to look into these family harbor balconies.

56 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

After reading reviews although both ships are Vista class it seems Horizon gets better reviews than the Vista does

Just wondering what others think. We were on the Horizon and loved it. Looking at an 8 day on Vista but not so sure.

The Vista doesn't have Guy's Pig and Anchor Flavortown bar and evening BBQ restaurant (which I love) but the Horizon does, if that makes any difference to you.

50 minutes ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

The Vista doesn't have Guy's Pig and Anchor Flavortown bar and evening BBQ restaurant (which I love) but the Horizon does, if that makes any difference to you.

This makes the difference for me. I don't love the Red Frog pub and would much rather have the Guy's Pig and Anchor bar over a Red Frog pub any day. Those who love the embarkation fishbowl/pitcher specials are likely to disagree with me. 

13 minutes ago, x lindsay x said:

This makes the difference for me. I don't love the Red Frog pub and would much rather have the Guy's Pig and Anchor bar over a Red Frog pub any day. Those who love the embarkation fishbowl/pitcher specials are likely to disagree with me. 

Well the happy hour special you mentioned are no longer happening.

27 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

funny we ate at Pig and Anchor for dinner and found the service VERY slow and the meat was dried out.

Not inclined to go back.

Oh I don't care about the food, its the bar that I like about Pig and Anchor. The bourbon/whiskey selection is better than any other bar in the fleet. Plus the P&A beers brewed onboard are far superior to the Red Frog brews. 

55 minutes ago, x lindsay x said:

Oh I don't care about the food, its the bar that I like about Pig and Anchor. The bourbon/whiskey selection is better than any other bar in the fleet. Plus the P&A beers brewed onboard are far superior to the Red Frog brews. 

ok sorry I should have stipulated about the food part as I don't drink much other than a beer here and there.

On 1/3/2023 at 7:03 PM, x lindsay x said:

I don't love the fishbowl/pitcher specials but do prefer the RFP.  It has a much better layout than the Pig an Anchor.  P&A bar along the entryway makes it very crowded.